Representing House Steiner as Elite or Legendary Founder and selecting which mech type or all of them?

43 replies to this topic

Poll: Steiner mechpilots opting for the Elite or Legendary Founder's Package (246 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you purchase the offered Elite or Legendary Founders' Package?

1. Yes, no question about it! (189 votes [76.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.83%

2. No chance! (4 votes [1.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.63%

3. Not sure, maybe ... (53 votes [21.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.54%

Which features of the Elite or Legendary Founder's Package do you regard as most useful?

1. Exclusive custom mech (one, Elite) or mechs (four, Legendary) with eternal per match C-bill booster. (193 votes [38.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.22%

2. In-game currency (80$) for in-game item purchases. (101 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Premium account for 2 (Elite) or 3 (Legendary) months, starting at MWO launch. (62 votes [12.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

4. Becoming a member of the Founder's Tag club. (45 votes [8.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.91%

5. Early access to the MechWarrior Online Beta Game Test. (99 votes [19.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.60%

6. None of the above, as I will not purchase the package. (4 votes [0.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.79%

7. Name mentioning in the game credits (for Legendary Founder only). (1 votes [0.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.20%

Which battlemech model will you choose as part of your Elite Founder's Package or would you go for a Legendary Founder's Package?

1. Jenner. (18 votes [7.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

2. Hunchback. (30 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

3. Catapult. (75 votes [30.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.49%

4. Atlas. (105 votes [42.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.68%

5. Not one of the above, as I will not purchase the package. (4 votes [1.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.63%

6. Legendary Founder, all of the above mech types. (14 votes [5.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Fulgrim2010

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Dire Wolf or nothing)

#22 Diplominator

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Either Atlas or Catapult. Welcome to the Wall of Steel.

I wonder, though. If the Clans become playable and I become a Jade Falcon, do I keep my IS founder's 'Mech? I don't expect anyone has an answer, but I'm still curious.

#23 Starne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Getting the Founder's package for the currency and the Mech. At $60 for around $100-120 worth of virtual goods($80 dollars worth of virtual currency, and $20-40 worth of Mech) , this is a steal.

Voted for a Catapult, though I might end up getting a Hunchback(Steiner still needs Light Mechs, after all), or an Atlas in the absence of any other options. I'll only be getting a Catapult if it can be converted into a K2, because I want my poor-man's Marauder.

#24 BG Wumba

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

The only mech heavier than the Jenner that I would use is the Mad Cat/ Timberwolf, and since that's not there (hopefully it will be released) I will have to make do with the Jenner for now

#25 Leonidas Rommel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFar side of your moon

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Im going with a kick a$$ support mech so I can spend my money on customizing my assault and scout mechs with the 80 dollars in c-bills.....Though I dont know how far that will get me.

I am also in the camp that is buying the Elite founders pack because I also want to support MWO and help make sure its a success and lasts a long time.

#26 beloc rosnak

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationillnois

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

think about it for a second light warriors will choose the light mech which would be easily available at start, but on the other hand the atlas would be the hardest to get for sometime due to the amount of c-bills needed and as a stiener its atlas for me

#27 Gemini 10SR

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

I know I haven't been around for a while but aren't ALL of the mechs supposed to be available at start-up?

#28 Merrik Stryfe

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

In order:
  • Yes
  • Fancy mech paint job with bonus money each round
  • Pay $60 to get $80 - it's like stealing only legal.
  • I was torn between the Catapult and the Hunchback until I realized I was passing up the chance to get a "free" Atlas.
It wasn't until I wrote this post that I realized how much Steiner was the right choice of house for me... (free money AND an Atlas? Of course!)

#29 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostMerrik Stryfe, on 30 May 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

In order:
  • Yes
  • Fancy mech paint job with bonus money each round
  • Pay $60 to get $80 - it's like stealing only legal.
  • I was torn between the Catapult and the Hunchback until I realized I was passing up the chance to get a "free" Atlas.
It wasn't until I wrote this post that I realized how much Steiner was the right choice of house for me... (free money AND an Atlas? Of course!)

Ditto. However, would prefer an awesome for the founders but will take a free atlas. Alas, since I don't want to start with two assault will probably get a cicada (especially if I can get the ppc variant) to scout/scout hunt.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 05 June 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#30 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostGemini 10SR, on 30 May 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

I know I haven't been around for a while but aren't ALL of the mechs supposed to be available at start-up?

There is a lot of guessing going on at the moment, as discussed in the thread subsequently linked, but it seems that there will be only 4 mech types (one for each weight category) available on the official launch date of MWO:

http://mwomercs.com/...unders-package/

Naturally, most of us are looking forward to new mechs being introduced on a fairly regular basis, but at the same time it could be quite a while until these will actually see the light of day in the game. I suppose that some patience will be required of those who would prefer/choose one of the mech types that will not be available at the start of MWO but have already been advertised on this webpage for a while.

#31 Edward

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

LODS OF EMONE and an ATLAS.

I'm sold.

#32 Jost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

And you missed a poll option:
Support the developers

I'd have happily donated via KickStart for this game, even without perks.... but yeah, I'll take them all, thanks.

#33 Clay Pigeon

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Atlas, and then use the 80 bucks worth of currency to buy a commando.

#34 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostJost, on 02 June 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

And you missed a poll option:
Support the developers

I'd have happily donated via KickStart for this game, even without perks.... but yeah, I'll take them all, thanks.

Well, not really as this is not a thread about supporting the developers but supporting House Steiner with the purchase of a founder's package (there are also other ways of supporting the developers, not just by buying a founder's package) and frankly, I think there are already plenty of comments by people in the forum highlighting that they bought the founder's package only to support the developers. Personally, I let actions/deeds speak for themselves and have no need to announce my support for someone to everyone.

Admittedly, I have not bought the Elite Founder's Package yet (which i my opinion seems to give the best value for the buck, considering there is no mech included in the Veteran Founder's Package and only half the in-game currency, and that the Legendary Founder's Package only adds another month of premium account and the other Founder's mech - filling up all four available mech bays available at official game launch? - as well as the honorary mention of the user account name in the game credits) as I will have to spend a small fortune at first to upgrade my desktop (new CPU, mainboard, RAM, SSDs, and graphics board), otherwise, it would not be an enjoyable experience ... I hope that the package stays on sale for a few more weeks.

#35 Shatterbrain

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Just became a founder. I'm dating myself but I fought with House Steiner back in "old days" of Multiplayer Battletech on the Genie Network. Looking forward to being back for MechWarrior Online

Edited by Shatterbrain, 18 July 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#36 Mordlum

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Wanted that Atlas, so it was a no-brainer. And figured I like two of the others so I figured why not go Legendary. Had to have the Atlas. Had to.

#37 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

So, obviously not having read all the Founder's package topics here in the forum, I was wondering what the options are regarding the Veteran's package? Will you have to buy a mech at startup with your in-game currency (otherwise, you would not make any use of your premium account (once the Founder's packages will be launched in August) and will only the Founder mechs be available or also other mechs, for example, Awesome, Dragon, Centurion, and Commando ones?

I am also wondering, if heavy or assault mechs will be more expensive to get at startup than medium or light ones (or will it be based on tonnage or BattleTech lore C-Bills pricing)? Since the game will be F2P I assume that all of the 4 Founder mechs will be available for F2P at the official (not Founder's) game launch?

Last but not least, will a Legendary Founder's package use up all of the free 4 mech bays at Founder's package or official game launches?

Lots of questions ... does anyone have (plausible) answers (?) ...

#38 Jost

• 1,172 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostGwenaelle Focht, on 19 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

So, obviously not having read all the Founder's package topics here in the forum, I was wondering what the options are regarding the Veteran's package? Will you have to buy a mech at startup with your in-game currency (otherwise, you would not make any use of your premium account (once the Founder's packages will be launched in August) and will only the Founder mechs be available or also other mechs, for example, Awesome, Dragon, Centurion, and Commando ones?

Veteran founders get nothing. Elite get to choose one of the founders mechs. In addition, they can use launch MC to buy another (or possibly more than one... details unclear) - just like any other F2P user.

I am also wondering, if heavy or assault mechs will be more expensive to get at startup than medium or light ones (or will it be based on tonnage or BattleTech lore C-Bills pricing)? Since the game will be F2P I assume that all of the 4 Founder mechs will be available for F2P at the official (not Founder's) game launch?

I expect that prices will be closely tied to BT lore. The founders mechs will _not_ be available for anyone other than founders. But the non-founder variants will be (you do know that the founders mechs are just cosmetic skins of particular variants of four chassis, right?)

Last but not least, will a Legendary Founder's package use up all of the free 4 mech bays at Founder's package or official game launches?

Lots of questions ... does anyone have (plausible) answers (?) ...

Nope. Legendary founders will see 8 slots in the garage: four for their four founder's mechs, and four open ones.

Edited by Jost, 19 July 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#39 Dheekray Muze Amal

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 34 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK / Singapore

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Due to last-minute financial stuff related to school, I can only get the Elite package. Still thinking of which mech though.

The Jenner suits my backstabbing, recon playing style more, but the Atlas feels more of a forgiving mech especially with my slow-*** reflexes (so I can always throw in the excuse of my mech not being fast enough).

#40 biggunsmcgee

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

If I can pick a Zeus, I will. It can spread hate and discontent next to an atlas any day, but it can jump and run next to the jenners, too.

*fingers crossed*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users