Are We Looking At 15,000 Mc For A Single Daishi?

46 replies to this topic

#21 ToxinTractor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Well the dashi i could wait for.. however when you think about there are some IS stuff that was better then the clan equal not because of numbers but because of the little things! think of those clan LRMs, fly straight. the smallest rock would make them cry. Their lasers, sure they do more damage, but at the same time they make TONs of heat! not to mention the clan projectiles where not that much better. most clan mechs where also built for 1v1 and where much more expensive then the IS counter part. So the madcat for example that many BT fans love is likely going to cook its self because of all its high damage weapons producing heat closer to a PPC (not the same for all of them!) I could see things like LRMs helping, and cover helping a lot to. but right the biggest counter to the clans high heat loads would be their double heat sinks! but since we do not get 2,0 heatsinks they might not be as strong, ontop of that doubles for clans take up what? 2 slots? so things like that could also make the clans more limiting in terms of fits, because right now for example players like to build there fits to what they feel comfy with be it in terms of damage or in terms of heat dissipation! And another thing I am pretty sure clan mechs used a XL in a lot of there setups.. now im not too sure how different this is from the IS one but im am getting that feeling that if you blow off a section of its torso its gonna die.. little things are going to help keep them in check at least for a little bit... would love to hear more dev talk about them closer to the release date.

#22 Merrik Starchaser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Persoanlly I am all for 150,000 MC, with the price going down by half every year or so. Since no Inner Sphere warrior even has one until almost 3052.... and I am pretty sure your name ain't Hohiro or Victor.

Clan tech, if available as all should be expensive as hell (Though NOT MC), almost unattainably so, to keep this from becoming ClanWarrior Online.

Make Clan Tech readily available, and you just obsoleted everything else in the game. (Which Clan Tech should do.... but there is no way to enforce the balancers it had, like codes of conduct, hence it is aboutthe last thing this game needs)

This is why the other games and why MWO should have started in the clan era. IS mechs and gear SUCH, they should suck, and I cant wait to quit driving these walking coffin trailers.

#23 GioAvanti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 27 December 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

it will become clanwarrior online nomatter what happends. The clan tech weps make all IS mechs 10x better, as for the clan mechs themselves are very good too. Only IS tech that is of any value is the RAC.

Not if they just nerf clan gear for balance.

View PostMerrik Starchaser, on 27 December 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

This is why the other games and why MWO should have started in the clan era. IS mechs and gear SUCH, they should suck, and I cant wait to quit driving these walking coffin trailers.

Eventually the tech equalizes. Inner sphere mechs are much more fun.

View PostToxinTractor, on 27 December 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Well the dashi i could wait for.. however when you think about there are some IS stuff that was better then the clan equal not because of numbers but because of the little things! think of those clan LRMs, fly straight. the smallest rock would make them cry. Their lasers, sure they do more damage, but at the same time they make TONs of heat! not to mention the clan projectiles where not that much better. most clan mechs where also built for 1v1 and where much more expensive then the IS counter part. So the madcat for example that many BT fans love is likely going to cook its self because of all its high damage weapons producing heat closer to a PPC (not the same for all of them!) I could see things like LRMs helping, and cover helping a lot to. but right the biggest counter to the clans high heat loads would be their double heat sinks! but since we do not get 2,0 heatsinks they might not be as strong, ontop of that doubles for clans take up what? 2 slots? so things like that could also make the clans more limiting in terms of fits, because right now for example players like to build there fits to what they feel comfy with be it in terms of damage or in terms of heat dissipation! And another thing I am pretty sure clan mechs used a XL in a lot of there setups.. now im not too sure how different this is from the IS one but im am getting that feeling that if you blow off a section of its torso its gonna die.. little things are going to help keep them in check at least for a little bit... would love to hear more dev talk about them closer to the release date.

You have so much bad info.....

#24 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 27 December 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

All these clan talk actually makes me worried. If Clan tech and Clan mechs are going to be available the same way IS tech and mechs will be, they will either push IS mechs into obsoletion or be so expensive that the few that can afford it will create waves of QQ in the forum from those who got owned in IS mechs.... its a bleak future indeed... i would even rather PGI stop here with the timeline and just keep working with the existing assets until the game actually matures in terms of architecture. We are not ready for Clan tech...

Nonsense. But ya, not really. ?

#25 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

We do know that clan tech is coming. One of the developers (I think Russ or Paul) in an interview said about the timber wolf 'we'd have to be insane not to offer the most popular mech of all time'.

Which has me on the lookout for the Urbie. Good lord people seem to love that trash can.

#26 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I really hope the Devs have a good plan and roadmap because honestly, the community has quite possibly the dumbest ideas about how to have Clantech in the game.

#27 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

15k MC probably not.

The figure of around 7k MC sounds about right as another poster pointed out already......

Also,

If to use clan tech you have to give up IS tech / mechs........... (bar hero mechs)

IE, you have to join one of the clans just like you would one of the houses. (Once CW is in)

Basically losing all reputation / mechs and rewards gained from your play as IS....if you played in a house for a while that is. Cbills would be returned for your current mechs (bar hero mechs / founders which you keep) etc etc

Lone wolves maybe wouldnt be restricted at all in this regard...they could mix IS mechs and clan mechs.

If they did that.......

That would annoy a lot of people that would want mechs from both sides however, and also give PGI less MC sales of the more expensive clan mechs...sooooo.........id say the most likely situation will be you can have IS and Clan mechs in your mechbay even if pledged to a house. (if that ever gets implemented)

Weapons probably restricted to each of the sides mechs etc, 1 star vs 2 lance etc.

Edited by Fooooo, 27 December 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#28 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Um..why MC? If its a mech its c-bills!

#29 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostJohnny Reb, on 27 December 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Um..why MC? If its a mech its c-bills!

not true... I wont be surprised if all clan mechs are single variant hero mechs with omni hardpoints making multiple variants obsolete.

#30 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

One hundred MILLION MC.
*pinky to mouth*

#31 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostFenix0742, on 27 December 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

So, $600 in 2013, $300 in 2014, $150 in 2015, $75 in 2016? How about no.

no kidding.

#32 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostSuicidal *****, on 27 December 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

We do know that clan tech is coming. One of the developers (I think Russ or Paul) in an interview said about the timber wolf 'we'd have to be insane not to offer the most popular mech of all time'.

Which has me on the lookout for the Urbie. Good lord people seem to love that trash can.

I already have it in my cockpit for 1000MC... that oversized R2D2 has some strange appeal. :)

#33 Merky Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 871 posts
  • LocationRidin down the street in my 6-4

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Time skip and cross tech

Time skip and cross tech

Etc etc

#34 Tomcat21

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

At the end of the day the truth is that there are ways of doing things like what clan mechs could do already. clan tech is better but not that much. And as long as you can change all the weapons on a Chassis to the clan equivalents it doesn't matter. a chassis is a chassis, the important part is that anyone can get their hands on the weapons and equipment. As i stated earlier, i have already managed a Puma like mech just using a stock jenner frame. A little bit of thought at time and you can make clan equivalent mechs for some things already.

#35 Rifter

• 2,230 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostTomcat21, on 27 December 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

With the options in game already you can setup builds similiar to clan mechs already. For example, I am running a Jenner with 2 ERPPC as its main armament. plays just like a puma (adder for you clan types)

You are forgetting that clan ER PPC's weight only 6 tons each and do 15 damage though. So a jenner with 2 IS ERPPC's is still gimped against a clantech puma.

#36 Leetskeet

• Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Persoanlly I am all for 150,000 MC

Sure is gold in here

#37 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Quite possibly. The Dire Wolf is the big daddy Omni. With that much free tonnage to work with... it better be expensive.

#38 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postverybad, on 27 December 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Doubt it, robably mroe like 9,000 however. I expect the Daishi to turn like a pig having an asthma attack however, might not be as nasty as people seem to expect. I'm sure it'll have loads of firepower, but it'll probably be about as maneuverable as a slow Stalker. The Gladiator is the one that intrigues me. (95 tons moving at @ 90 KPH while using MASC)

they DEFINATELY have to fix netcode before they can put in MASC. If the speeds are capped at 139.9 whats the point of MASC when we already hit that speed NOW?

#39 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

They can't balance IS gameplay.

PGI introducing a game-wrecking advantage like clan tech before they even balance what they've got would be the stupidest business decision I've seen.

#40 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostHillslam, on 01 January 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

They can't balance IS gameplay.

PGI introducing a game-wrecking advantage like clan tech before they even balance what they've got would be the stupidest business decision I've seen.

lol theyre not know for that right?

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users