Lrm's This Is Getting Old, Fast.

122 replies to this topic

#121 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostAZZA141, on 28 December 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I have noticed more and more stalkers and catapults in games now. They are all not beginners either.

Stalkers/Catapults loaded up with tons of LRM rockets with 2x LRM 20's. I have jsut played a match that had 4 Stalkers/Catapults in game.

Where is the variety, its pointless in designing loads of mechs for the game, if people just use Stalkers and Catapults all the time.

The maps are too open, so you get nailed all the time, before you can close in on them. We need mech limits on teams or something, because this is getting boring fast.

I could quite happily do the same thing as everyone else, but you end up with no variety in-game.

I notice this alll the time. You noobs with only seven posts get pissed about something little and spam hate all over the forums. Support mechs are A MAJOR part of battletech. They have a big punch at long range but close in on them and they are so easy to take down...especially if it is a Stalker and you have another mech at your side. Get some brains and don't go all leroy jenkins in the open okay? I don't know what games your playing but LRMs are not that big of an issue if most of your team has AMS.....

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 03 January 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#122 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

TBH most maps are NOT wide open. Every map has a hill or a building or something you can sit and wait for the enemy to come to you if they have lots of LRMs. They will either run out of ammo or be forced to move to find a better spot to get to you. You then either move again or you go at them and force them to run so they can range you or use their energy weapons.

Only wide open map I can think of is caustic and there is a slight way to avoid fire in that one too but harder to achieve.

But doing it in pugs is hard so just take your loss if it happens I suppose. You really lose nothing now.

#123 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

There's hard cover, even on caustic. Occasionally I get hit by lrms but it's rare.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users