#81 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostDudeman3k, on 02 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

IMO LRM's are still too flimsy. 10's Dont do any damage at all, they're more of crit seekers in all honesty. I'm glad LRM's are making a come back, but ECM ultimately kills LRM's in the long run + LRM's not being a huge hitter. The only way to make LRM's effective is to boat them, like you said in 20's. One 20 salvo will only take 5% of the victims armor.... like an AC10 hit... and thats TWENTY missiles (half that actually hits you)... so in reality 5's 10's and 15's are negligible.

Just remember, boating is what makes these weapons seem OP... but with all boating, there is a weakness. (like hiding behind a rock, when "incoming missiles" shows up... and LRM's take 50 years to get to you, you have time to find cover, trust me.

ECM on the other hand is a little too good at countering EVERYTHING.... if anything is OP, its that.

>gun that does almost 2 damage per missile is a crit-seeker.

This is why you shouldn't visit the forums.

#82 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

ECM deals with LRM's, you know?

Oh wait, you don't like ECM either.

I'm afraid there is no pleasing you.

#83 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

View PostAZZA141, on 28 December 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I have noticed more and more stalkers and catapults in games now. They are all not beginners either.

Stalkers/Catapults loaded up with tons of LRM rockets with 2x LRM 20's. I have jsut played a match that had 4 Stalkers/Catapults in game.

Where is the variety, its pointless in designing loads of mechs for the game, if people just use Stalkers and Catapults all the time.

The maps are too open, so you get nailed all the time, before you can close in on them. We need mech limits on teams or something, because this is getting boring fast.

I could quite happily do the same thing as everyone else, but you end up with no variety in-game.

LOL>.....

This post is megafail.

#84 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

It's the LRMs that are unbalanced.

Because they do not require LoS or Aiming and rarely miss, the damage they do is either too weak or MASSIVE, depending on the number of launchers. It's like the Devs say X number of launchers will be the normal maximum so there is the balance point, so to create crushing LRMs just add more launchers.

If LRMs required aiming and LoS to do good (2 plus per missile) damage (and could be spoofed by turning you mech away) and did only 1 damage per missile if fired without LoS. They would become easy to balance based on skill rather than LRM properties.

#85 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 02 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

>gun that does almost 2 damage per missile is a crit-seeker.

This is why you shouldn't visit the forums.

lol yes,

LRM20 - 1.8 X 20 / 2 = 18 (spread across 5 areas) = 3.6 dmg per location.

boating is the only way.

and thats an LRM20 mind you, 10's 1.8 dmg per location

#86 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostDudeman3k, on 02 January 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

lol yes,

LRM20 - 1.8 X 20 / 2 = 18 (spread across 5 areas) = 3.6 dmg per location.

boating is the only way.

and thats an LRM20 mind you, 10's 1.8 dmg per location

Uhhh, no. You can take two LRM5s, and they'll do very real, very heavy damage to people as you close. Because each missile that hits hurtd a lot, and they generate barely any heat, with immense range, homing projectiles, and lots of shots per ton of ammo.

#87 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 02 January 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Uhhh, no. You can take two LRM5s, and they'll do very real, very heavy damage to people as you close. Because each missile that hits hurtd a lot, and they generate barely any heat, with immense range, homing projectiles, and lots of shots per ton of ammo.

lol, yeah, kinda like boating SL will do very real damage too.

AMS will shoot every single one of those 5's volleys down, thats why the 20's exsist. and with the 5's only 2 or 3 of those missles will hit.... and thats 5.4 damage across 5 areas of a mech, so 1.08 damage if the opponent doesn't have AMS, over a 3 second cool down period.... assuming no cover is to be found.

seriously, if thats real damage, Machine guns sound a lot more viable now

#88 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 02 January 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

It's the LRMs that are unbalanced.

Because they do not require LoS or Aiming and rarely miss, the damage they do is either too weak or MASSIVE, depending on the number of launchers. It's like the Devs say X number of launchers will be the normal maximum so there is the balance point, so to create crushing LRMs just add more launchers.

If LRMs required aiming and LoS to do good (2 plus per missile) damage (and could be spoofed by turning you mech away) and did only 1 damage per missile if fired without LoS. They would become easy to balance based on skill rather than LRM properties.

it wouldn't hurt to tone them down a point or 2 but not requireing los or aiming clearly suggests to me that you've never tried it. lockon's are only made with radar and radar only works when you have line of sight. sometimes a buddy's radar adds to yours but by the time the missles are at the top of their arc the radar dissappears and so does your missles into the ground. timing is usefull too, no use firing off on a mech standing next to a building, a little reverse from the target and the building cops the lot. a sheer waste and i have a good laugh every time someone does that. you really got to be sure the locks will last and choose your moments when to fire.

here are the lrm tips that some have mastered but many have ignored:

mech out in open that's too slow {heavies and assaults} good.

mech near ecm mech in open bad.

mech engaging a harrasing brawler out in open good. cause target won't be running for cover anytime soon eh? :D

mech engaging a harrasing brawler in town or near a large hillside bad. most likely they'll dance behind cover before your missles will get there.

so full force only occours to those who ignore them or are too slow. i've been battered a lot but even in my awesome i can get to cover just in time... not to ever be killed by lrms but for the autocannon-centric mech to come around the corner and kill me <_<

#89 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostDudeman3k, on 02 January 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

lol, yeah, kinda like boating SL will do very real damage too.

AMS will shoot every single one of those 5's volleys down, thats why the 20's exsist. and with the 5's only 2 or 3 of those missles will hit.... and thats 5.4 damage across 5 areas of a mech, so 1.08 damage if the opponent doesn't have AMS, over a 3 second cool down period.... assuming no cover is to be found.

seriously, if thats real damage, Machine guns sound a lot more viable now

Ever thought that LRMs are not meant to be kill weapons unless heavily boated? They work wonderfully as a support weapon that softens targets as you close. It's already too easy to get kills with them if you run into a team without ECM that likes to run into the open.

#90 Yogsothoz

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Wait till the clantech comes OP. LRMs weigh half as much and have no minimum range. And then there are STREAK LRMS.

You aint seen nothing yet.

#91 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostNoth, on 02 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Ever thought that LRMs are not meant to be kill weapons unless heavily boated? They work wonderfully as a support weapon that softens targets as you close. It's already too easy to get kills with them if you run into a team without ECM that likes to run into the open.

yeah a single lrm pod on it's own inc the 20 is merely a support armor shreader not a killer?

true an ams can cut lrm 5's and reduce a single lrm 10 volley into a tickle but without ams as people do an lrm 20 can still give you as much of a whack as an ac20. Don't hear people saying single ac20's are support none killer weapons?

#92 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I don't always run LRMs

But when I do I run 4x 15s, a TAG, and 4 Medium lasers as backup.

And then a raven sticks to my *** and I spend the whole game trying to kill it.

#93 Galathon Redd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBremerton, WA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

We need to put all the LRM QQers and all the ECM QQers in a box and let them cancel each other out. Then, all we'll have to deal with are Matchmaking QQers and lag QQers... at least those are legit complaints, despite their infuriating frequency, that don't stem from a total lack of useful gaming skills.

#94 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

LRM boaters are easy to counter attack with Short Range stuff (if you know how). Once you are in the 200m range. They have no chance and try to run. They will fire their LRMs at ya. Fun as heck.

Edited by VeeDog, 02 January 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#95 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostAZZA141, on 28 December 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I have noticed more and more stalkers and catapults in games now. They are all not beginners either.

Stalkers/Catapults loaded up with tons of LRM rockets with 2x LRM 20's. I have jsut played a match that had 4 Stalkers/Catapults in game.

Where is the variety, its pointless in designing loads of mechs for the game, if people just use Stalkers and Catapults all the time.

The maps are too open, so you get nailed all the time, before you can close in on them. We need mech limits on teams or something, because this is getting boring fast.

I could quite happily do the same thing as everyone else, but you end up with no variety in-game.

If they are only running 2 x LRM-20's, they are doing it wrong. You need at least 4 x LRM-15's with TAG. <_<

#96 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 02 January 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Two LRM 5s will hardly scratch anyone fool.

#97 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostSennin, on 02 January 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

If they are only running 2 x LRM-20's, they are doing it wrong. You need at least 4 x LRM-15's with TAG. ;)

yep or as many lrm 10's as possible cause you're only being charged more money and weight for the privalige of 15 or 20 rounds from one pod. even then it's limited to the tubes your mech has.

#98 Aidan Malchor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 350 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

LRM's can't be a problem, all the ECM threads say they are useless now. Those threads aren't wrong are they?

#99 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Yes, cry about LRMs some more. Then they will buff the ECM for you. Next it'll make you immune to Tag as well.

#100 Thorqemada

• 6,378 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

The real problem with LRM is that some Player comes around, voices his concerns about being downed by them in 30 to 60 seconds while its totally ok to core a Mech in 5 to 10 seconds by himself brawling and that LRMs force him to interrupt this superior art of combat.

All Weapons are meant to do damage and kill !

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users