Acs On My Hbk, Need Assistance!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Im having serious issues with survivability using ACs with my Hunchback.
Im instantly popped by LRMs and thats pretty much the center torso shredded, and the main weapon system destroyed!

Halp!

(ive been using CASE, dosnt help much, been storing the ammo in the legs :lol: )

#2 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

well the problem seems to be LRMs then right?

you can break LRM lock by moving out of their field of vision so they cant target you anymore. the LRMs will then continue along to wherever you were standing previously.

maybe you are going in too quickly. lrm boats generally will hit what they can see. if you are the first one they can target, they'll all be hitting you. you can also utilize cover, but the best thing to do is just to break line of sight whenever you see the 'incoming missiles' message.

also you can follow around a ECM mech to be protected from LRMS.

lastly, worst case scenario is you're out in the open and you will take the lrms no matter what (you've already screwed up at this point) but you can sort of protect your AC by turning your LT towards the LRMS and taking most of them in your LT/LA where there isn't anything too important

CASE won't help you with anything.

#3 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

If LRM's are you issue, then AMS is part of the answer.

I run 4ML's, 2SRM6+Art, 1AMS, Endo, DHS, 245(?) engine, and like 304 armor or something.

The AMS plus the Faster engine generally allow me the time to duck behind cover and avoid most, if not all, the LRMS.

ECM cover is nice, but when you get tagged, ECM doesn't do anything ... but the AMS will, at least for some of them. Staying out of LRM Rain though is just something you start to do by nature.

#4 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Let the atlases and stalkers catch the LRMs, they're better at it. Once they are engaged, then you can pop out and take your shots. Medium mechs can dish out a lot of damage, but you need to be ready to fall back as soon as the attention turns to you.

#5 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Well, ive currently got this;

HBK-4G:

2x MED LASER
2X AC/5

Endo
std engine 200
STD HS
Armour 338
heat eff1.3

its pretty tight fitting right now, and i cant really afford the DHS, or the AMS, and i dont even think i cud fit it!

#6 KEMikos

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 29 December 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Well, ive currently got this;

[...]

its pretty tight fitting right now, and i cant really afford the DHS, or the AMS, and i dont even think i cud fit it!

It should fit just fine; you have 3 heatsinks and 4 tons of ammo, right? Something similar to this?
HBK-4G

If you go to DHS when you can afford it, you'll actually have enough room to fit an AMS and a ton of ammo for it, and your heat rating goes up as well:
HBK-4G

Or you can throw in another MLAS instead and keep your heat basically the same:
HBK-4G

The thing to remember about DHS is that while you can fit fewer of them, the ones inside your engine (8 of them on a 200) are increased as well, so you'll need to fit fewer of them on the chassis. That frees up space for other things.

The way I have my 4G set up is very similar:
HBK-4G

I like the Ultras better personally, since even if you don't use the "double shot" feature, they have a shorter recycle time than the standard AC5, so they'll put out more damage over time. Put them on Chain fire mode and they'll almost never jam.

Edited by KEMikos, 29 December 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#7 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Curious. Why a pair of AC5s?

#8 KEMikos

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostNovawrecker, on 29 December 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

'Cause a pair of AC10's don't fit? ;)

Edit: Ooh, but a pair of LB-10X's will. Hmmmm.... :)

Edited by KEMikos, 29 December 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#9 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostNovawrecker, on 29 December 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

x2 AC/5: Longer range than AC/10, more shots per second.

AC/10: Less weight(much less), less ammo burn.

Edited by Stingz, 29 December 2012 - 09:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users