#1 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Sarna March, FC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors!

Im sorry for writing in english here, I can usually understand you, but my written Spanish is not very good, im Portuguese ;)

Im here representing the War Dogs, the only active portuguese unit as far as I know. We can get an 8 man group on ocasion but not very often as there are not many portuguese people playing this, so im wondering if there is any setup Spanish unit in the same sircunstance that may be interested in joining us in an alliance?

My idea is having each unit keep their identity, play style and everything, but work on combining resources and contact so we start to play together when possible, and better prepare for the cummunity warfare phase. Role-play wise, we create a new unit with a name and logo that has meaning for both of our countries, and keep our rosters and unit names separate, like different companies in a battalion.

Let me know if there is interest so we can talk better, here or in more private conversation.

#2 PeRRaKo

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • Locationマドリード - スペイン

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Greetings Lex,

We currently have an hispanic community for MWO composed of a few clans, mine included.
For this sort of proposals I think the man you need to talk to is Mcann, the community manager :)

#3 mcann

Judge Dredd Accolite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

yup, im here, but i dont know, what can i do for them... :)

#4 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hello PeRRaKo!

Yes I am aware of that community site, as I did a little exploring when I first started thinking of this ;)
But as mcann said, not sure if he can help :)
I would welcome a contact by a Spanish unit commander that may see this proposal as interesting to him and his people, as a way to have a larger pool of players by joining with another group without relinquishing command or anything.

As we seem to be the only active portuguese unit, I came to you, but this proposal is aimed more at smaller units like my own.

On a side note, I actually started thinking of this when I came across my battletech books about Camacho's Caballeros ;)

#5 mcann

Judge Dredd Accolite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

the only thing I can help is making you a place for you on the community, but its foolish if we have to speak in english, it will disturb the people playing in the community and if we have to talk in english its like if a german, française or english unit come to the Mumble....

if we can understand each other in spanish/portuguese in the Federación española mechwarriors we had portuguese members, and we understand each other, it was easy...

if it helps... :)

#6 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Thanks mcann, I would welcome a place in your community if we had a Spanish group on this alliance. I've noticed you use mumble, and agree it would be bad for both of us if we had to speak in english. We currently have a teamspeak server we can use, but its not ours, I suppose we could try mumble and setup a room for portuguese speakers in your server if the idea goes forward?

I dont know if there might be any interest in the next days, as people return from the new year hollydays. I'll keep the idea open for now. Mcann, perhaps as leader of your community you could ask in your forum if there's any group interested in this? I will give my sugestion for the name of the group I have in mind:

I want an original (non canon) name that may have meaning for both portuguese and spanish people, something inspired in our countries military history mixed with new fictional stuff to integrate us in the battletech world, and there's one military organization that is common to both of us, the Tercio, created by the Spanish in the late middle ages, quickly adopted by the portuguese as well. On the fictional size we can use a word used to refer to Iberia in ancient times (possibly Italy too), Hesperia, and adding these elementes we can have the 1st Hesperian Battlemech Tercio.

Think of it not as a merging of units, my people would not welcome any fusions either. A good example of what I have in mind is the great houses of the Inner Sphere, we see many units pledging allegiance to each great house, but they remain independent units with a common non playable character overlord. So instead of pledging for one of the great houses, we setup a fictional mercenary unit and use its name and future symbol to identify our alliance.

#7 mcann

Judge Dredd Accolite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

i dont mind to open a channel for you, and i dont see the need of merge with another unit, if you are 8, you can play toguether, or 4 if you want.

when you are less than 4 or 8, and you are in the mumble, you can join the other units and people without clan and play togueter, that its not a problem, portuguese and spanish can understand the other easily

and later when the game is more develophed and has more players, you can search in the portuguese forum or in game more players to yours :)

Edited by mcann, 01 January 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#8 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Yea I'll check out mumble and discuss it with my people, thanks.

But as I said, not a merger im talking about, more like the formation of a "mini house" in the form of a mercenary regiment (tercio) that iberic units could pledge to for role-playing purposes. And as you said, we dont really need to be merged to play together, just meet on comms and set it up.

I guess if the idea went forward, I would develop a web-site with ties to your battletech-mechwarrior (though mine would be in english so international users could understand who we are), and ask someone to create the alliance symbol after the name is agreed upon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users