Playing Together

12 replies to this topic

#1 Derk Talon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hello fellow mech pilots of the FRR,

I thought it would be good fun (and practise) to group with other FRR members but since i haven't found a place to connect us ingame other than this forum, here we are.

Due to the 8v8 max at this time there's little use in having full regiments, battalions, companies. Heck, even a full lance of Kavalleri, Hussars, Dragons or Freemen seems impractical. Therefor i would suggest to simply throw us all on a single pile and mix things up for the time being and play and practise our roles together.
Perhaps one suggestion to that end would be to share a RFF friends list/group?

What are your thoughts and ideas on this?

Edited by Derk Talon, 06 December 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#2 Tarn Devereux

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGrumium

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Sounds like a good idea, there's probably more than a few people that just want to fight for the FRR but not in a merc unit.

#3 Derk Talon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well, not only that but what i am talking about is a sort of community forum or group where all units, house and merc flock together and play together. Considering the military structure of the FRR and the limitations to ts deployment gamewise i think we need to. I'd like to be 2nd Kavalleri for example, but i can't fall back on the full regiment of heavy armor and a company of aerospace fighters attached to it to fight effectively so i would need dragon and/or hussars elements in a game to become an effective fighting force or even stand a chance.

Therefor i think its important to get together. The whole kungsarmé and the merc units. So i decided to go ahead and create such a community on enjin:

http://kungsarme.enjin.com

If we all (individuals and units) join here we can play together more effectively imho.
I hope you guys like my initiative, let me know what you think. and (don't) like.

#4 Razegerogero

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Hopefully it can be filled up, suppose a full external forum beats an one-section internal one.

And I'm definitely all game for playing together with other to-be FRR members! For the mead!.. Oh, and glory, I suppose.. But definitely the mead!

Edited by Razegerogero, 11 December 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#5 Derk Talon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Well, sign up and we'll have a start. Sure, it's a big empty space now but we need to get some people together to get some content in. Got to start somwhere right?

#6 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

I tried this with the Allthing thread. Perhaps we can merge these? I can also link the enjin you just made in that. Any mod's want to pin the allthing thread?

#7 Derk Talon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Great idea! I believe we are pursuing similar goals here. Lets have this merged with the allthing thread and stickied. All groups can have their own place at the kungsarmé enjin aswell. That's the whole idea anyway.

edit: We could also copy your idea of the Allthing over to the enjin. I have been trying to stay true to the Kungsarmé departments and units thusfar. We can add a Command Cousnsel aka Allthing if you like.

Edited by Derk Talon, 11 December 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#8 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Sounds good. Kungsarme Merc Liaison Office has a nice ring to it. Or we can go swedish with it: Legosoldat Kontaktkontoret i Kungsarmé. (a la google translate)

#9 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Love the idea of an external site for the Kungsarme. I'll have to setup over there later today. We've had a few threads here from time to time where folks are trying to group up without being in a Merc Corp. I think it will get easier as the game client includes more tools for us to hang out and find each other.

For now though, we should probably pick a central voice comm solution that folks can head to by default. Both the "comstar" TS3 relays have an FRR section in the houses, so that is one option. There is also the idea of creating a Kungsarme C3 channel pimping that here on the forums. I think we had a C3 channel briefly, but it seemed to disappear.

#10 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

I got Prosperity Park to pin the allthing thread. We should definitely go c3. Its much easier to use for folks who are hesitant to use VoIP in the first place, and its already tied in with MWO, and will only continue to get better.

#11 neil lee

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

are you recruting and if so may I requtst permition to join I have TS3 (teamspeek 3) but am willing to get C3 program formentioned if nessary... still a noob pilot ( 12- 17battles tops) but am open to sugestions and tips.... do not own a mech of my own yet but going to save up till I have enough for the hevy class as that's my preferd play type....

have played mechwarrior's 1&3 .... I think it was a long time a go... armord core 1& 4 (xbox360) a bit more reasent...

sincearly and regards DarthLoneWolf (wolf)

#12 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Welcome to the game, DarthLoneWolf. At the moment, "recruiting" is kinda hit-or-miss. Some of the "merc corporations" are recruiting, and you can find them in the merc threads, but the "House" units are kinda waiting until more becomes clear about how they'll function in the game.

If you want to find some folks to play with, though, that's not a problem. This thread gives everything you need to log into the ComStar TS3 servers, which are free and open to the public, and there's almost always folks online looking for teammates. My buddies and I frequent it while we're waiting for more formal groups to gain traction, and can be found in either the 20 public dropships, or in the FRR channels down toward the bottom of the list.

#13 Sinitron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDjevelens Bakende Kanal

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'll play with anyone who isn't clan-sympathetic. Because if they are, they're furries, and all furries must hang.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users