I CANT DECIDE!!!!

62 replies to this topic

#21 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

View Postadhale2, on 23 May 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

ohh okay.. i just feel like there would be some system for switching factions though.. because without it wouldnt alot of people just go to the most popular faction and thus imbalance the game?

Davions? Who knows. :blink:

#22 adhale2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 May 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Davions? Who knows. :blink:

bahaha yeah so i guess really the only way to find all this out is to play. haha

#23 Aggammenonn

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

o? How did the Cappies get lawful neutral?

#24 adhale2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostAggammenonn, on 23 May 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

o? How did the Cappies get lawful neutral?

Its a fanmade chart just for laughs!

#25 adhale2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

And im still at a loss for how the beta works... will people that get keys be able to play today?

#26 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

View Postadhale2, on 23 May 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

And im still at a loss for how the beta works... will people that get keys be able to play today?

Yes. They get keys, link, download it and enjoy the beta while we stay here, find out who they are and systematically hate them. :blink:

#27 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

<S >

In mpbt you knew players in game by their IN GAME handle(s) and you could change them to say :

Gen Firestorm =RMA= OMD *M* ( Rank,handle,division,district,house) ONLY High Ranking House leaders had set handles , so

you could be HK one day merc the next , Marik and so on . but figure we will have SET login handles im not sure that model will work .

mpbt 3025 Had set ranks in game and set factions you had to join , you had to wait to change factions ,for an ok from yoiur commanding

officer but you could change factions . No game is going to say once you sign your there for life in that faction ,could be like planetside were
you can have a different guy in each faction , but not the same guy (login in handle) so its kinda a wait and see ...

hope this helps

Scott Firestorm FWLM
Retired Minister of War OMD
RedMoon Angels AOD Angels Of Death Division
Elite Recon Search And Destroy

#28 Flenser

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Can you just go rouge and not choose a faction - but choose a faction later on? If so, that's what I'd want. If not, then probably Steiner or Davion. (Steiner 'cause they see a lot of clan action and Katrina is a hottie. Davion because they have Victor and end up trouncing Katrina.)

#29 adhale2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 May 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Yes. They get keys, link, download it and enjoy the beta while we stay here, find out who they are and systematically hate them. :blink:

haha well i heard that they will start at 10:00 AM PDT... thats in less than an hour... i feel like the second i exit my email that i will get a beta key lol

#30 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

< S >

honestly i think for awhile we all will just be jumping into a room and dropping with whoever and whatever faction their in that is in the drop room at the time .

I wouldnt join one just to join one , no hurries take your time , And this isnt the Book , so Katrina cant save you B-)~

Scott Firestorm FWLM

< S >

im done closed beta testing games lol ill wait for open beta . Wake me up when its time to show them why im named

FIRESTORM >B(= =)

p.s < S > = Salute ,hi how you doin B-) for you newbies < S >

Scott Firestorm FWLM

#31 Amergin

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

In regards to switching faction...

The last official BT OG to actually have hardwired factions was on GEnie, and while that was a heck of a long time ago, I have seen similar faction point systems in other OGs since.
Basically, every time you run a mission, you get some points with the faction that you are fighting for, and you lose some points with the faction that you are fighting against. So, if you were with a certain House and you wanted to change to another, you would have to become a mercenary and fight for your new faction for awhile in order to gain enough points to wipe out your negative reputation.

No idea if the new game will have this, but it seems logical that they would... at some point. On the other hand, it is a free game, so you can just make a new account with a new faction.

#32 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

I believe there was a dev blog or q&a about the faction switching. It was going to be allowed but there were going to be consequences for doing it. What those consequences entailed weren't really stated but I would guess loss of rank and c-bills at the minimum.

#33 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

@Flenser You will have the option of being a Lone Wolf, which enables you to drop with mercs or house battles, but I don't believe you will faction points or ranks. So plus side is that your drop pool is effectively double but you don't get the faction or merc bonuses.

#34 adhale2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

So I guess there is really no right or wrong way to go.

#35 Latios

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Postadhale2, on 23 May 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

ohh okay.. i just feel like there would be some system for switching factions though.. because without it wouldnt alot of people just go to the most popular faction and thus imbalance the game?

hmmm im new to the gaming form of battletech, but ive been a fan of the mechwarrior and battletech books for years, each fraction has problems (internal, gov't, etc) but they have upsides too. sad to see the clans go though jade falcon, ill miss you. whatever but a fraction system does need to be balanced. many games crush themselves or lose their initial purpose when its not figured out fully (thats what bata is for) and a very important question....... does each fraction limit your choice of mechs or equipment?

#36 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

@Latios The devs has stated that all equipment and mechs will be available to all pilots regardless of what faction/merc corp they choose. The only difference will be in prices. Some will have lower and some higher for the same equipment/mech, I'm guessing to help reflect where the items are manufactured and "rarity" in the different factions.

#37 adhale2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostShoveI, on 23 May 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

@Latios The devs has stated that all equipment and mechs will be available to all pilots regardless of what faction/merc corp they choose. The only difference will be in prices. Some will have lower and some higher for the same equipment/mech, I'm guessing to help reflect where the items are manufactured and &quot;rarity&quot; in the different factions.

That's kind to cool though. It makes sense.

#38 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostHowling Mad Murdock, on 23 May 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

someone posted a wicked alignment poster up on the forum showing which House and their alignment... House Marik are Chaotic Neutral ... if that helps.

I knew i liked marik for a reason!

Steiner are down as lawful evil, good grief. LOL

Edited by Kifferson von doober, 24 May 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#39 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

LOL so basically Marik would put a baby next to a ticking nuke walk off and then come back when the timers at a minute pick the child up and run.

#40 adhale2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

i think what drew me to Marik was the big letters that said (FREE WORLDS LEAGUE)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users