23 replies to this topic

#21 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Yen-Lo-Wang with AC/20 & 2MPL is an amazing brawler. Once you get your skills levelled up it has amazing torso twist speed plus the AC has vertical travel unlike the hunchback.

Proper use of the shield arm will prevent your AC getting shot of (I vary rarely lose mine) plus the whole idea is that you don't expose yourself to fire as you are very nimble.

It is the Mohammed Ali of brawler mechs - float like a butterfly sting like a bee.

#22 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Wait for the king of ballistics, if it ever comes, the JagerMech:
XL engine+endosteel, 2 AC20 on arms+7 ammo, 2 medium lasers. speed of 71kph with speed tweak.
I am salivating...
meanwhile you can rely on it's poor cousin: the catapult K2 with 2 AC20 on torsos.

Edited by bantapoo, 03 January 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#23 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Does the Jagermech not have arm actuators? I wouldn't have thought it would be able to fit AC20s in the arm, only mech that can do that currently is YLW.

I'm not familiar with the Jagermech variants so I don't know.

#24 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

the arms are composed only of shoulder and upper arm components, so no actuators. think of an arm which length goes to the elbow. not very esthetical, but then you got your 10 crit slots for the ac20.
If you grab widowmaker's mechlab, theres a profile for jagermech and you can play buildcrafting and dream about such mech coming to mwo ;)

Edited by bantapoo, 03 January 2013 - 05:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users