11 replies to this topic

#1 UloPe

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hi,

after grinding my Cats to elite for quite a while I thought it might be fun to try something different.

I had a CN9-D sitting around for some time and thought it could be fun to make a fast LRM carrier out of it.

I'm currently running this CN9-D setup.
And while it is quite fun to zoom to one spot, tag, shoot of some lrms then get to the next one I feel that I'm not doing enough damage with it.
With my Cats I usually do at least 400ish damage while this gets mostly only 100-200.

So what do you think? Is this just a crap build or am I maybe playing it wrong?

Edited by UloPe, 30 December 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#2 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Drop engine down so you can have 2 lrm15 artemis launchers. Tried it for a few games and it works better I think, because it reloads faster so you can volley open targets more before they find cover.

#3 Ascendent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

I believe the Centurion only has 10 missile tubes. An LRM 20 is shot in 2 volleys, more missiles will be taken out by AMS, and your cycle time will be increased. I would go with 2LRM10s. That way you are shooting 20 missiles in one volley with the lowest cycle time. The Cats A1/C1 have 15 missile tubes and C4 has 20. So you can do more damage in a single volley. To be clear if a mech has e.g. 10 missile tubes and you put a LRM15 in the slot it will fire 2 volleys each time you pull the trigger. One volley of 10 and a second of 5. The cool down timer will not start until both volleys are fired (increasing weapon cool down). However 2LRM10s will fire simultaneously out of the 10 tubes for a single volley of 20. As a rule of thumb the number of missile tubes match the default load out launchers and mechbay animation (I believe the Atlas has 10 tubes though, so there maybe exceptions). Some prefer long streams of missiles to deplete enemy AMS or use it as suppressive fire. The above advise is purely for increased damage per volley.

#4 UloPe

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Interesting. I really wish stuff like this would be displayed in the mechlab...

#5 UloPe

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Ok, I tried the 2x LRM10 version and it did better than the LRM20 one but it still felt strange and didn't do much more damge.

So I switched to 2xSRM6A + 2MPL and this works much better. Did around 600 dmg in the first try.

#6 UloPe

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Just to report back: a few games in the new build is really a ton of fun. It feels kinda like a commando with a lot more armor and weapons. (Now if only my framerate wouldn't be as horrible as it is, it would be even more fun...)

#7 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

I Got my CN9-D set up as a speed demon.

370 XL (Runs 131kph with speed tweak)
2 MG's
2 Med lasers
2 SSRM 2's

I generally made it in anticipation of conquest. I'll totally admit I am rarely in the top 10 of damage dealt and in general as a medium class set up as a light it can be more detrimental at times to the team. Overall I do about average with it, but it is just so darn fun to play I can't bring myself to change it.

For conquest games it's killer for capping, and i get a kick out of chasing lights and watching some pilots panic when they realize thier speed isn't saving them.

#8 UloPe

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostTangelis, on 30 December 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

I generally made it in anticipation of conquest. I'll totally admit I am rarely in the top 10 of damage dealt

If you're not in the top 10 in a 8 person team you're doing something very wrong ;)

For conquest games it's killer for capping, and i get a kick out of chasing lights and watching some pilots panic when they realize thier speed isn't saving them.

Exactly. Thats what I'm noticing as well. Esp. Commandos and Jenners seem to get panicy when they notice they can't outrun me. :D

#9 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

I did 2LRM15 and 2MPL @ about 91kph I think. It worked really well actually. Can't remember if there was Artemis on it or not.

#10 Ascendent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

and i get a kick out of chasing lights and watching some pilots panic when they realize thier speed isn't saving them.

Love it. Made me laugh ;).

#11 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostUloPe, on 30 December 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

If you're not in the top 10 in a 8 person team you're doing something very wrong ;)

lol...indeed, but my math is not wrong. two 8 man teams = 16 players. rArr fear me!

#12 Ascendent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostUloPe, on 30 December 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Ok, I tried the 2x LRM10 version and it did better than the LRM20 one but it still felt strange and didn't do much more damge.

So I switched to 2xSRM6A + 2MPL and this works much better. Did around 600 dmg in the first try.

If you like the SRM6 setup, try the CN9-A next. 3SRM6 2ML, face hug the enemy, pull the trigger. All is well in the world. As for the mechlab, it is getting a UI update with more weapon info displayed etc. Devs posted some pics at some point of some of the potential changes. You can check the command center forum for likely dates etc. if your interested. So don't worry they'll eventually be there (its just a bit tough for now ;)).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users