Catapult Basic Efficiencies

3 replies to this topic

#1 HTTP Error 400

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Why do I have to unlock an efficiency for a Catapult that doesn't do anything before I can get Elite? Arms Reflex, I'm looking at you. Wow, I can move my Catapult's arms 15% faster. Oh, wait a minute....

#2 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Helps for shooting up and down. Some people run lasers and srms on pults ya know?

#3 HTTP Error 400

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostBudor, on 30 December 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Helps for shooting up and down. Some people run lasers and srms on pults ya know?

Last time I checked, nothing moved over me so fast I needed to track vertically faster than normal.

I guess the simplest fix would be to vary the costs according to how much benefit they give a mech, with the same total XP cost for all of them. So Arms Reflex would be 750 on a Cplt but 2500 on a Cent, etc. This would give a bit more variation to choosing efficiencies as well. At the moment you just buy the same thing for the same cost for every mech. /yawn

Edited by HTTP Error 400, 30 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#4 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Ha ha, yeah. This has been an issue since the day they introduced the pilot trees. The catapult arm reflex problem is what assures me that at some point the trees will get another pass and we will get chassis specific efficiencies. Best not to think about it. Stiff upper lip and all that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users