Won't Be Playing Solo Any Longer.

49 replies to this topic

#41 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I love how there is a topic complaining about the match making. Pgi has made some huge improvements with the last patch on the game. It is still a beta I would rather them work on the overall performance of the game (bugs, fps issues etc.) instead of match making. I've dropped into plenty of matches pugin and got smoked. So what the game runs better now and they have spoken about keeping the performance of the game as top concern. Let the little stuff b sorted out later any1 who doesn't have the patients for a beta, the **** with u, come back in 5 or 6 months when the game is finished

#42 ltwally

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Posthercules1981, on 30 December 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I love how there is a topic complaining about the match making. Pgi has made some huge improvements with the last patch on the game. It is still a beta I would rather them work on the overall performance of the game (bugs, fps issues etc.) instead of match making. I've dropped into plenty of matches pugin and got smoked. So what the game runs better now and they have spoken about keeping the performance of the game as top concern. Let the little stuff b sorted out later any1 who doesn't have the patients for a beta, the **** with u, come back in 5 or 6 months when the game is finished

Bad grammar aside, I both agree and disagree.

Agree: this should not be at the top of their list. PGI has so many other bugs to handle before this one.

Disagree: this needs to be on their list, and so the more threads concerning it the better the odds they'll actually take heed.

#43 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Posthercules1981, on 30 December 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I love how there is a topic complaining about the match making. Pgi has made some huge improvements with the last patch on the game. It is still a beta

Yes it is OPEN beta. People will come and go. I would like to see a lot come and stay. I'm afraid that the current state of matchmaking drives a lot of new players out before they can get hooked on it. I'm not going anywhere. I love the game play. All I'm saying is that I will not play solo any longer. I will only play on a 4-man or 8-man team.

I glad you love that there is a topic about match making, that's why I created it.

#44 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostMack1, on 30 December 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Been saying this for ages, I shudder to think how many people these ***** clans have driven away from this great game. I wish they had the balls to fight eachother in the 8 v 8 game mode that was made for them, instead they steamroll newbies for theis stupid W/L ratio so they can ********** over it.

Mack are you crazy? Haven't you heard? 8vs8 is full of ECM premades rolling over helpless groups who don't want to be forced to use cheese. So 2 hours after the patch they came running back to 4 mans so they could...uh...wait a minute....never mind.

#45 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostTB Freelancer, on 30 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

So 2 hours after the patch they came running back to 4 mans so they could...

so they could...play when they don't have an exact multiple of 8 friends online at any given time?

cuz, i don't know about you, but my friends don't conveniently stay online in exact multiples of 8.

sure there are other people on the same TS that i frequent, but i don't want to drop with them. i don't know them. and not to discount their ability or personality, but i have little incentive to get to know them. after all, that's the pug's excuse on why they're not in premades in the first place, right?

a pug has as much right telling a 4man to join an 8man, as a 4man has of telling the pug to join a 4man. how much of a right that is, i'll let you guys decide.

Edited by p00k, 30 December 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#46 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Ok,Bishop convinced me. I'll try it. I hope its not just a waste of time :angry:

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

only time and personal preference will tell, good sir.

For all the vocal minority that "hate" this game (and yet mysteriously seem to linger on the forums), there are many many more, that enjoy it, despite it's warts.

I can sit down and give you a running list of what is "wrong" with it...... but for some darn reason I would rather spend that time in game stomping mechs. Call me crazy..... or just look me up on TS or the "Social" menu in mechlab, and I'll be happy to do what I can to make acclimation easier.

But if getting killed a lot early is a problem (which usually happens in ANY competitive game, in my experience) it could be a little rough.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy it.

#48 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

After playin a few rounds and because i dont want to open a new topic i post my impressions right here.

graphics : nice if u have a xbox but on a highend pc the graphics r just ******* (look at mwll and u know what i mean). all in distance is not sharp enough to figure out what it is and whooooa effects with blurr and lenseeffects...eating just power and still dont look good (its too much of that). And at last...ist way too dark (since i cant change gamma or brightness in the client,its a minus)

controls : they r simple so u dont have to read much to figure out how to use the mech and its weapons.But as ive postet i another thread,the controls seem very laggy.Sometimes i have half a second delay after pulling the trigger/pushing the mousebutton (tried joystick and mouse) makes absolutly no sense

gameplay : nice! not as good as mwll but it makes fun,as long as there r no clan/teams as ur enemy

mechlab : please do a workaround on this one...its crap when u dont know about BT and its way to complicated to get a feeling for it if u r a new player.who ever is responsible for this,pls do it again.dont try to fix it,dont try to make it better as it is,just do a complete new one.

The game has its potential and i will play for the next 29 remaining days of my premium but if nothing will change i'll wait until MW5 if there ever will be one.

#49 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

After playin a few rounds more...and always get shot by light mechs ...and cant hit them because of lag,fire delay and guns dont hit where i want it...sry,the game is crap.Bye.

#50 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

And here i thought i was going to be reading a nice holiday story of a gamer finding true love and getting hitched...

I feel disappointed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users