Sacrifice on Alyina

No replies to this topic

#1 Goldhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

"Regimental, this is Hurricane Three, we are in route to sector 2560. Were is the Prince?"

A proud oak tree that had stood tall for years was crushed in an instant against the Awesome's chest. The remaining branches burst into flame due to the heat emanating from the still hot PPC barrels.

"Hurricane Three this is Regimental, Icestorm company is in route to Tornado One's position. Call Signs please Hurricane Three"

"I don't give a damn about comm procedure! The Clanners clearly know that Victor Davion is on planet, and they are coming to capture or kill him! You have two choices, either give me a damn route to his location, or pick out the flowers that are going to be at his memorial service!" James sweated as the Awesome's heat sinks struggled against the fusion engine's demands for running full tilt through a forest.

Silence reins on the comm lines before another controller cuts in.

"Hurricane Three, this is Regimental, be aware, the Clanners know that you are coming, expect extremely heavy resistance from....

The controllers voice is drowned out by the clang of armor and the staccato of autocannon cannon fire.

"Well, Regimental, forget about the guidance, we found the action."

Icestorm company, now down to a reinforced lance of mechs, is laying down weapon fire at the Clanners coming from the forest on their three o'clock side. A battle scarred Crusader is standing in front of a kneeling Daishi that is in James' opinion, holding off much of the Clanners incursions.

James breathes out as the heat sinks finally bring the air down in his cockpit to stifling.

"Regimental, we have found the Prince. He's okay."

"zzzz Icestorm Two. We're got a man down in the water. Kai Allard went off the cliff. We have to get him."

Allard! James felt a tightness in his chest. Not him! Kai was always teasing about James' love for Assault mechs, and the idea of physical contact between mechs. An old memory from a past conversation bubbles to the front of James' memory.

"Leftenant?"
"Sergeant, what can I help you with?"
"Well sir...."
"Please, call me Kai."
"Well, um, Kai, I was wondering about the punching potential of your Centurion."
"What did you want to know?"
"How will you be able to fight against the Clanners when your mech is built for short-range?"
"Well, Sergeant, just leave it to me, I have a few tricks up my sleeve when it has to do with cutting it close. My question, is that how will YOU be able to work well with your mech?"
"Excuse me sir? I mean, Kai?"
"You drive an Awesome? Those Clanners can hit at a lot longer ranges, and, your mech is very slow."
"Well, you're right, but I can usually one shot just about anything."
"You'd better, cause if they survive that one shot. They're going to be mighty mad..."
"That's why I got some fists on my Awesome...."

Ignoring the communication, James opens the comm lines.

"Tornado One, this is Hurricane Three, I will cover your retreat, and attempt to recover Leftenant Allard."

"No. Too many men have already died today. Pull out."

"I'm sorry sir." James flicks on and off the filter on his comm, "You're coming off patchy."

"Pull out now Sergeant. That's an order, and I know that you are reading this because I can see directly into your cockpit."

James straightens up and salutes the wounded Daishi. "Yes sir!"

Suddenly, a large form breaks through the trees and with the grinding of gears, comes to a stop.

A voice then breaks into the comm line.

"This is Adrian Tamar of the Malthas bloodline. By order of the Jade Falcons, I claim you as my bondsman."

Irritated at being ignored, James slaps the comm switch.

"I'm sorry, you're not invited to this party. If you want to contribute, then say Please before entering a conversation."

The Jade Falcon mech twists its torso to stare directly at James' Awesome. The mech seems to loom above his with it's many gunports and large cloven hooves.

"How dare you interrupt the ceremonial service of taking bondsmen. You are a stupid free..."

The sentence is cut off as James' three PPCs strike the Daishi's right torso and forces the mech to step sideways to remain upright.

"Tornado Two, get Tornado One to the dropship. This big ******* is mine. And i'm doing it for the Leftenant."

(I can't continue this because I have to go to work, but maybe you interested people can finish it for me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users