#21 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Mr. Havoc has gone to work and there will be more to come.

#22 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostMorang, on 03 January 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Mauler is not. Not ehough variants, not enough difference between them. Banshee is a favourite, though I still hope for Annihilator. And Zeus loadout is pretty similar to Highlander and also somewhat to Orion (with tonnage and speed also being almost equal), so I guess there's no chance.

Umm, that hasn't stopped the rest of the game from getting similiar build loadouts...I said Mauler is a favorite amongst players, and it has been very popular for players because the potential for 4 AC spots in the torso. The Banshee is a more energy weapon, less missile Atlas essentially the Highlander is already a very similiar build over all.. Not much diversity there. The Annhilator won't happen, it's a Gauss OP mech. If it were added, the very first build would be 4 Gausses. The Zeus is faster than the Highlander, I could see it getting a fair amount of play.

As for DC, I'm guessing that Orion will get DC version, and that's why cockpit on the artwork is triangular, but with square depression around it. DC version will get "canonical" square cockpit with vertical bar, I suppose (there's no need to remodel DC Atlas because second cockpit is just located in the second eye). Orion is known for having DC refits.

As for the Orion getting a DC version, not unlikely, it's certainly a command mech.. As for that being the reason the cockpit is triangular. No, the cockpit is triangular because it's a minor change that looks better. Only the neckbeards are that concerned about canon to make that an issue. I don't expect DC will result in two players in one mech, modeling cockpits to account for that is ridiculous.

They promised to increase the pace of introducing announced mechs in the game.

We can both agree that this would be a good thing!

Edited by verybad, 03 January 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#23 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

View Postverybad, on 03 January 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

The Annhilator won't happen, it's a Gauss OP mech. If it were added, the very first build would be 4 Gausses.

Well... but Cataphract-IM happened, doesn't it? I still have hope, you're right about ballistic-heavy assault being needed.

I don't expect DC will result in two players in one mech, modeling cockpits to account for that is ridiculous.

By the canon Command Console is this - station for second pilot, who enchanses his side "initiative" by commanding a unit instead of piloting a mech. Visible in this Battlemaster artwork from "25 years of art and fiction", in this case cockpit being not side by side, but tandem layout. I very much hope that Command Console will allow 9th player (and 13th when 12vs12 will come) to join as company commander, not controlling a mech, but working with BattleGrid, issuing orders, calling arty support and perhaps able to spectate all friendly mechs like now killed players can. That will be outstanding feature for Community Warfare. And of course DC mech exterior should look accordingly.

#24 TallicaStew

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

mmmmm, Battlemaster. Slap on some Clan tech and red paint and let's go pirating

#25 Frostbeast

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

I think it can be read the other way. Forget about a zeus mech. Maybe we can get new weapons?

#26 Jale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Well, id like to see Zeus but first http://mwomercs.com/game/battlemechs

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users