A Cool Conquest Mode.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Nightcrept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

It would be very fun if pgi added computer controlled mechs in game to defend each of the caps in conquest mode.

Say 2-3 mechs of various sizes per cap that had to stay within a certain radius of the cap they where set to defend. To capture the cap and get the resources you first have to kill it's defenders.

#2 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Computer controlled?

#3 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

AI.

Bots.

Not controlled by players.

#4 promoJo

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

meh

#5 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Well I thought is was a interesting idea. But of course I never get much sleep.

The salvage bonus you would get would go up....lol.

#6 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

AI is a sticky issue. I think most people like the idea in theory, but if the AI is not up to par the game modes would suffer as a consequence. Will we ever get computer controlled mechs? I have no idea, but what about turrets? That's AI too, basically, and turrets are a mechwarrior standard.

#7 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostOzric, on 03 January 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

AI is a sticky issue. I think most people like the idea in theory, but if the AI is not up to par the game modes would suffer as a consequence. Will we ever get computer controlled mechs? I have no idea, but what about turrets? That's AI too, basically, and turrets are a mechwarrior standard.
I'm up for anything personally. Myself I don't find conquest as is very interesting. In fact I generally deselect the game mode from my launcher options.

#8 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostNightcrept, on 03 January 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

I'm up for anything personally. Myself I don't find conquest as is very interesting. In fact I generally deselect the game mode from my launcher options.

Dropships have turrets. Just sayin'.

#9 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostNightcrept, on 03 January 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

me too, though mainly because the rewards are lower for conquest mode, though this is being looked at by the devs
when you are able to get 200k+ on a good win for conquest then I'll go back to it just to add some variety

other new game modes would be welcomed though

#10 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostNightcrept, on 02 January 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

It would be very fun if pgi added computer controlled mechs in game to defend each of the caps in conquest mode.

Say 2-3 mechs of various sizes per cap that had to stay within a certain radius of the cap they where set to defend. To capture the cap and get the resources you first have to kill it's defenders.

I wanted to see vehicles and turrets at bases. They made a MechWarrior title devoid of almost everything related to MechWarrior in it. Previous games had actual bases, not just magic squares. Tanks and turrets were as common as Mechs. There was also dropships that shoot, you know, guns, not these magic boxes that do nothing but act like a brick for cover. I would have made these maps a lot bigger, and the first to capture a base would have activated NPCs/turrets to defend it. Or maybe make one of them a helipad that calls in some air support. Or make one of them a radar dish that detects all enemies for you in a part of the map. I want to see little tanks driving around going pewpew as they desperately try to defend a base from a big mean Commando. Or turrets. ANYTHING TO MAKE THE GAME INTERESTING PIRANHA, THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.

#11 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Dropships & Tanks & Turrets! Oh my!

#12 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Tanks, helocipters, dropships, and armored vehicles should be added. Kill them and get some more c-bills. Not sure about turrets but I guess I would not mind them. This would definitely add more strategy which is what MechWarrior is all about. I remember in MechWarrior 3 that Helis, and tanks were more common than mechs.

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 03 January 2013 - 07:18 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users