Ask The Devs 4!

153 replies to this topic

#141 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Are the four 'mechs shown going to be the only ones to choose from for the Founder's Package elite version?

#142 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

Will we have the ability to communicate with the opposing forces during battle? Need to have a way to issue challenges, after all.

#143 Michael Rosario

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII... isn't everyone?

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

I seem to notice all the game play videos (or at least the ones I watched) seem to take place in very... grassland/forest/lakeside-y types of maps. How close are we to seeing more highly diverse types of maps, like tundra or moons or cities? And just what types of maps will be available at launch?

Also... may we have a Solaris VII like area/mode? Please?

Edited by Michael Rosario, 29 May 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#144 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

What WILL we be able to buy in the in-game shop when the game hits? Paints? Camo patterns? Decals? Will there be any way to make our own decals, through a decal maker or something? What are the sorts of things we can expect to be exclusive to real money spending and what can we expect to be bought with C-bills? The Hula Girl?

#145 acidsh0t

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

will the weapons and all other damaged equipment (including armor) destroyed in combat have to be replaced with c-bills in the mechlab after each battle?

#146 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

With the influx of warm bodies, how are the serves holding up?

#147 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Shouldn't this have been locked Friday and answered today?

#148 Qayos

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Are there plans to add a Solaris VII style gladiator combat that would allow players to watch the events as they proceed.

#149 Woska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

What benefits will the a premiums subscription give us over a free to play account?

Thanks for your time.

#150 Raeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 324 posts
  • LocationHal's Bar. Middletown, Cathay District, Solaris VII

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

How many founder's packages will one be allowed to purchase?

If multiple, will each package include one of the 4 'Mech chassis or will you be limited to one Founders 'Mech choice regardless?

#151 Jonneh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

If there is one thing that World of Tanks can suffer from, its the tendency for battles to degenerate into split map extreme camping situations where everyone is afraid to move from cover for fear of being blasted to hell. This is in part due to the map design, but also because of the way scouting/spotting in that game works and so forth. We already know that MWO will employ a much more active scouting role, which may assist in making the game a more active experience, but I'd like to know if the "Lance commander" role which I've read about and the global abilities like UAV and Artillery strike are a means to discourage or dislodge extreme campers?

More generally I guess I'm asking if you've thought about the advantages of "camping" might be offset by more aggressive playstyles, either through the use of scouting, commander abilities or other gameplay mechanics?

I suppose us Europeans would also like more information on how we might take advantage of the Founders Packages. We know we can buy it anyway and get into the beta that way, but what about the rewards which we have purchased? Will they be available on the EU servers when they do arrive, or will any founder mech's be stuck on the US servers where we played the beta. Will all "Founders" just get the founder benefits on every server?

Thanks!

Edited by Jonneh, 29 May 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#152 acidsh0t

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

will the veteran mechs, such as vulture and madcat, be back in MW:O?

#153 Insight

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Will there be ramming/collision and splash damage? DFA's were fun if you could pull it off.

#154 Stormlight666

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Is there any way we can get External Speakers on our Mechs so we can broadcast "Ride of the Valkyries" as we storm our opponents en masse?

Or in my case I'd love to have my enemies hear the music from Jaws or Friday the 13th as I run past with a scout mech. Or even funnier - The chase music from Benny Hill, once I get spotted by the enemy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users