5Thrct Ghost Legion Returning

87 replies to this topic

#1 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Posted Image

Any pilot with a love of BattleTech and who enjoy this game are invited to join the 5th Lyran Commonwealth RCT, Ghost Legion. Join us to become a Legionnaire and join the ranks of brotherhood to reach greater levels of gameplay and become a part of a community that will last for years.

Mission Statement
The 5th Lyran Commonwealth RCT "Ghost Legion" is a multi-role regiment with a focus on team coordination to participate in casual, community, and competitive warfare.

History
The unit has existed since '96, going by the names Lockhardt's Ironsides, 35th Arcturan Guards, 30th Lyran Guards, and 5th Regimental Combat Team. With this new MechWarrior game we are reforming and reorganizing. Our pilots are returning (http://mwomercs.com/...-from-mpbt-3025) to knock the rust off of their 'Mechs, learn these new battlefields, and head to the front lines.

The unit has all ready added to its long history, existing in MWO for two years. The Regiment is two battalions strong, fielding five combat companies and one training company.

Community
We are members of the LCAF Communication Hub which allows us to share resources and participate with a larger Steiner player base. Fellow soldiers of the Lyran Commonwealth in service to the Iron Fist of House Steiner fight together in duty to each other and to create a greater gaming experience.

How to Join
Use whatever method is easiest for you, whether it is a PM here on these forums, a message on our website or our own forums, or simply head over to the TeamSpeak 3 server we share with other units of the Hub at ts1.housesteiner.com.

Edited by Silent Monk, 30 July 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#2 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

#3 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

The 5th RCT Ghost Legion believes in battlefield knowledge, communication discipline and coordination on the field and team building off the field. We are casual competitors. Real life takes precedence and teammates are never refused a spot in the game. Once we are on the battlefield we show cooperation, coordination, and communication. We enjoy winning within the boundaries of having fun. If you can play every day of the week, you have a home with us. If you play one day a week, you have a home with us. We are team builders.

Battlefield Knowledge
The Ghost Legion does not believe in twitch gaming. Computer specs and an internet connection determine quick response more than muscle reflexes. Instead we focus on knowledge of combat mechanics, awareness of how to apply that knowledge to the current battlefield and combat situation, and how to integrate that knowledge with the teamwork of fellow pilots.

Communication Discipline and Coordination
When not in a drop (a word to describe pressing the launch button and going or "dropping" into battle) we love to share game knowledge and life stories. Once the timer begins on our screen, we are focused on the coming conflict and awaiting for instructions from the leader of the drop and coordination from fellow pilots. Chatter stops so we can prepare to move as soon as the timer for the beginning of the match ends. This is one of the very few strictly enforced rules.

Team Building
We are Team Builders - that is our strength. We encourage a spirit of cooperation between all our pilots to have fun. We have fun by being competitive within the constrains of respecting each other and our responsibilities outside the game. There are no pressures with requirements of having a kill quota or doing a certain amount of damage. One pilot has a strength and a weakness, a second pilot has a different strength and a weakness. By forming a team they are strong in two different areas and covering each other are weak in none.

Casual Competitors
Also known as "Serious Fun". This game and gaming group is not meant to get in the way of anyone enjoying their life. This group is meant to be a second home. A group of human beings who build ties across local and international boundaries. When you have time for your second home, you come with the intention to be a part of a group competing against other groups. When you don't have time for the game, you take care of what you need to and it will still be here when you get back.

#4 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

I have known Monk for a VERY long time. He is without a doubt one of a handful of people I have become acquainted with through the Steiner community that I genuinely like. I give him and the 5RCT a great deal of respect and, would encourage anyone with a desire to improve themselves, to hitch their cart to this horse. You will soon find yourself in a well organised, competitive, fun loving unit.

I will personally attest that what Monk has stated above is not hyperbole but, simply the truth. It is the way he and his unit has run since the first time I was exposed to them... GO 5RCT!!!

#5 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Thank you very much, Ramblin, your words are appreciated. Myself and the 5th have always held the boys of the 19th in high regard. See you Gents on the field.

#6 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Posted Image

#7 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

5th RCT eh? Hmmmm..... not sure where the "ghost legion" part comes from, sounds suspiciously Kurita to me.

#8 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image

#9 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

#10 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Regular training sessions scheduled Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Look at our DropZone for more details.

#11 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

First basic video recorded by 5thRCT Ghost Legion. Improvements in quality will be made in time, but for now enjoy. If you are looking for a unit, look to become a Legionnaire.

#12 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

5thRCT Ghost Legion Anthem is completed.

#13 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

#14 GravityDog

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

5th RCT is a good unit. We are a small/medium size group of some casual and some regular players. This is not a hardcore group but we are putting together some structured practice sesions and do occasional do 8 man drops. If you are looking for a group to drop with you can find us (and other units) on the Teamspeak server. ts1.housesteiner.com by looking for the [5th RCT]

#15 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Good post, GravityDog. Thanks for being a member of our team.

For anyone also looking for a bit of the meta game experience until planetary capture is implemented, we're participating in the Aubisson Campaign along with others of the LCAF Communications Hub. A short immersion/role play video is also available at http://www.youtube.c...?v=viKWjiHeLhc.

#16 Valtam Odinson

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

As a new member of the 5th RCT I feel like I have found a home. In the last month that I have been a member I have been made to feel welcome. There is always someone willing to drop with me. While there are weekly practice times they are not mandatory and I never feel slighted if I wasn't able to make one.

This is a great group of casual/tactical/friendly players.

#17 Edward Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostValtam Odinson, on 08 February 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

As a new member of the 5th RCT I feel like I have found a home. In the last month that I have been a member I have been made to feel welcome. There is always someone willing to drop with me. While there are weekly practice times they are not mandatory and I never feel slighted if I wasn't able to make one.

This is a great group of casual/tactical/friendly players.

Monk the Magnificent approves this message. Thanks for being a part of the team, Valtam.

Edited by Silent Monk, 08 February 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#18 51angrybees

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Join us.
So that you can listen to our Drunken Bard.

Edited by 51angrybees, 09 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#19 Shadow Skye

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Proud to be a legionnaire!

#20 LtPoncho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Great bunch of lancemates with a excellent mindset towards the game and the unit - it's not about you, it's about the guy dropping next to you. Glad to be involved!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users