52 replies to this topic

#21 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostICEFANG13, on 06 January 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

Welcome to light on light, the Jenner-F is the best mech that cannot use ECM in that class. You have to lag shoot, but you can actually kill a Raven in one alpha (its really funny, you can see the wtf reaction bursting forth from the cockpit).

Heh, I never killed one in an alpha that wasn't shut down. Even when lag shooting its hard to put concentrated damage on one place. Ces le vie. Stick close to your teammates when 3Ls are skulking about and nail them with numbers.

#22 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I had a 3L with 2 PPCs sniping, I snuck up behind him the old fashioned 'sneaking' way without ECM, and fired the 6 in his back. The mech popped like new years.

#23 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Anyone considered the possibility that maybe you're just not a good light 'mech pilot? Just saying...

#24 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postnostra, on 06 January 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Anyone considered the possibility that maybe you're just not a good light 'mech pilot? Just saying...

Prove me wrong and post up those vids of you ripping up 3Ls with your Jenner bro.

#25 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

With ECM mechs immune to SSRMs, and SSRMs being very important to lightvlight, you have to be a damn amazing pilot to make it work with anything else. The OP played not very well, but also played with a mech that is worthless with ECM as it is. Other than size, there is no benefit to bringing a Commando-1B over a Raven-3L. Oh there is also 2 arm energy and 1 torso energy on the 3L, that's a disadvantage, but then it weights 10 tons more, doesn't require extra heatsinks, can bring 2 SSRMs, and ECM and has more armor.

#26 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 06 January 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Prove me wrong and post up those vids of you ripping up 3Ls with your Jenner bro.

Didn't mean you, meant the guy who started the thread. Sorry, should've clarified.

#27 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

this thing is going to be terrible unless there's an ecm variant and/or one with 4 missile slots

the best chance to beat the standard ECM raven as a non-ecm light is to pack at least 10 SRM tubes worth of SRMs, get real good with dumb-firing them, and out DPS the raven's streaks. unfortunately the only light that can even do this is the commando 3A which is at such a big armor disadvantage to start with that it's going to lose most of the time unless the raven pilot sucks. also the whole thing where you'll be lit up for their team to shoot at while your own team won't even see you on their radar, so it's likely to be lopsided in their favor due to that as well.

so now the spider, with even less armor and less missiles? get outta here. jump jets don't do squat except make it easier to lock streaks onto.

Edited by Broceratops, 06 January 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#28 So Booboolicious

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostDoc Holliday, on 06 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

All this. Agree completely. I've totally quit playing my jenners because of OP ravens with ECM & streaks. I don't know what the solution is, but something has to change.

I just went an' got myself an ECM Raven.

If you can't beat 'em....

#29 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Provide feedback so PGI fixes the game?

#30 JEB8753

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

try running ams on a commando ive got it on my 3a and the only missles i worry about are lrm 15s and 20s

#31 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 04 January 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

So I thought i would practice up for when the spider came out.

Flex some moves and see exactly "how effective" you could be.
Answer = Not very, NOT VERY BY A LONG SHOT.
Figured I could outrun the other commando - 129 kph in all that. But nope.
Streaks = my death and not a damn thing I could do about it.

Is there even a reason to run a light battle mech if it doesn't come equipped with Missile Slots?
I really hate that it's pointless to take Light mechs unless you have "ECM or Streaks"
I really loved the Spider from Battletech, but in this MWO environment I think it's just going to boil down to another useless mech.

Just like the:
Commando-1B
Commando-3A
Commando-1D
Jenner-D
Jenner-F
Jenner-K
Raven-2X
Raven-4X

*Sigh*

How ever did you unlock elite for your commando if the only viable one is the 2d? I know from the experience that it takes a bit of getting used to, but the non-ecm lights are really quite playable. You don't get the freedom of movement from them that you would expect in a proper 'scout' mech, but you can still do top damage in them.
Frankly I like the game better when there's a little challenge in piloting a mech.

#32 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I personally don't care if my Raven-3L is master or not, having ECM is enough of an advantage that I don't care, and I don't want to bother with the headache of the 2X and 4X.

#33 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostIalti, on 06 January 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

How ever did you unlock elite for your commando if the only viable one is the 2d? I know from the experience that it takes a bit of getting used to, but the non-ecm lights are really quite playable. You don't get the freedom of movement from them that you would expect in a proper 'scout' mech, but you can still do top damage in them.
Frankly I like the game better when there's a little challenge in piloting a mech.

I used the 2D, 1B, and 3A to unlock elites, but this was done before ECM ever hit the streets and all lights were viable. I later then specifically bought the 1D to try out the spider built because it has no elite bonus's.

#34 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Based on the current gamedata the spider can use 255 engines, which provides a 151,5 kph (with speedtweak) top speed.
There will be also one ecm variant. The JJ capabilities are also high. (up to 12 JJ)

This stuff could change, because the spider is still unreleased.

#35 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Does he swing, from a web? No he can't, he's a 30 ton 'Mech! Lookouuuuuuuut, he's a spider 'Mech!

#36 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

I`m not sure if there is a speed cap hardcoded into the game, but 151,5 kph is not enough to outrun my ECM Commando (139 kph) or my ECM Raven (142.6kph). 10 kph is about 2,8 meters per second to it will take about 100 seconds to get out of the SSRM range.

#37 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

View Postaelfkins, on 04 January 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

A stock commando goes 97.2kph
A stock Jenner goes 112.8kph
A stock Spider goes 129.6kph

You're trying to compare fully tweeked mechs to stock mechs.

What does it matter if the game is hardcapped at 140? The other lights will easily keep pace with the Spider.

-k

#38 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 08 January 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

What does it matter if the game is hardcapped at 140? The other lights will easily keep pace with the Spider.

-k

Somewhere around 150, speed tweak is now 10% instead of the bugged 7%.

#39 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Looks like the spider might end up being a disappointment so prepare yourselves.

Acording to these pictures: http://mwomercs.com/...t/spider/sdr-5v

it looks like:

SDR-5D - 2 Energy Hard points ( 1 CT, 1 RA)
SDR-5K - 1 Energy Hard point ( CT), 2 Balaistic hardpoints ( 1 RA, 1 LA)
SDR-5V - 2 Energy Hard points ( CT)

ouch.

#40 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

yeah im not seeing any missiles on this thing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users