[Guide] Catapult C-1 Founders, 1080P Video With Narration

4 replies to this topic

#1 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hello again!

If you recognize my name from previous videos, you'll know that I've done Atlas, Hunchback, and Jenner videos, but I haven't done a heavy mech video.

Well, today I decided to take my Catapult C-1 out for a spin. As always I recorded in 1080p for your viewing pleasure and narrated after the fact so that I could point out key things in my movement, decision making, and also to point out my mistakes.

My mech loadout is in the video description. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Thanks, and happy hunting!

#2 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Do you find that the ears get blown off faster when you roll with the bay doors open?

#3 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Not really, it's worth the exposure for the lack of firing delay. I have only had a few instances where someone tried to focus my ears. Even then, I still have 4 medium lasers.

#4 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

you SHOULD use the 4x medium pulses.
fits with 2-3 tonnes on your srm's. doesn't sound like much but its enough and your damage being recorded in game will be a lot higher.

Nice video btw

#5 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

The MUCH shorter range, increase in heat, and the reduction in speed I'd have to take isn't something I'd necessarily like at the moment, as I used to run the MPL's and I'd get major heat issues for any prolonged battle.

think about it: For 4 tons, you're gaining 4 damage and 4 extra heat, but you're also losing 33% full effective range, and even more for max range.

MPL's only do 6 damage vs ML's 5.

Edited by borisof007, 06 January 2013 - 07:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users