6 replies to this topic

#1 Titan Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

So in the specter lance we have been working on this strategy for 4 man groups which has been working very well for us. Playing this strategy every match this evening (1/13/2012) got a record of 14 wins 1 loss. Tonight's players were myself, Damion Stranek, ROFLwaffle, and Garamanus who subbed in as we did not have 4 from our clan's Specter Lance.

So to start off there are some prerequisites for this strategy are as follows. You must take 4 Atlas(s) and everyone must paint them with this color scheme:
Posted Image
You may not take LRM's and should shy away from PPCs as you need to get up in their business to make this work. Most everything else is ok but we recommend AC20 or UAC5's and max SRM6's in the torso's. Shoot for a 1.10 or higher heat efficiency. Do not run Endo-steel as you can't fit all of your stuff.
Next, this is not required but highly recommended; use this playlist while practicing this strategy:
http://grooveshark.c...+Punch/81780822

So the basic strategy is you take your four Atlas(s) and go to certain points on the map. Wait for the other team to either push a little to far into you or be on the wrong side of the map letting you push into an area that isn't in the open allowing for some missile cover and close quarters combat. Here is an overview of a few of the maps, (I did not get river city but you get the idea):
Posted Image
Posted Image

Assuming you execute properly you should end up with similar results as the following:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

In this game Garamanus accidentally took only 2 medium lasers and ROFLWaffle decided it was a good idea to run into me with his cored center torso:
Posted Image

We have dubbed this strategy the Specter Lance Steiner Atlas **** Punch or SLSADP for short.

And finally here are some in game shots from tonight:
Moving out:
Posted Image
In yo base takin yo ****:
Posted Image
Crushin nerds:
Posted Image
All hail Specter Lance:
Posted Image

Please let me know if you have any questions!

TLDR: Specter Lance Steiner Atlas **** Punch (SLSADP)

#2 Phlyk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

ITT: The discovery that a group of four players, using Teamspeak and coordinating their builds, all using one of the better mechs in the game and giving themselves a massive ECM advantage can beat PUGs most of the time.

We'll have more on this story at 10.

#3 Titan Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

We had one D-DC, one founders and 2 RS. We mainly just shoot things with AC20's and UAC5's

#4 ROFLwaffle49

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Works pretty well.

#5 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Lance PUG strategy:

"Four good players in good mechs stay together the whole match."

But those are some nice screenshots anyway.

#6 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostPrestonCDawg, on 14 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

We had one D-DC, one founders and 2 RS. We mainly just shoot things with AC20's and UAC5's

On your screenshots there's 2 DDC's

Anyway, playing in a 4 group with 4x atlas it's pretty hard to lose.

Edited by Flapdrol, 15 January 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#7 Falchion Sensei

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Nice screen shots. Looking at your camo scheme makes me think this topic should be renamed "Good & Plenty (of Atlases)."

Anyway, pay no mind to these salty dogs. I often play in full 4-man groups and even with good teammates at my side I'd still be sweating if 4 Atlases all charged over a hill & focused 4 AC20s & God knows how many SRMs and lasers on me. That's a tough nut to crack - at least the other team gets as many assaults right? Right?

You & your friends should continue this thread with another mech. I had a premade with 4 Centurions drop on my side a week ago, all with a matching paint scheme and they did some serious work. I plodded along in my Atlas while they took a nearby alternate route, and once the enemy had engaged me and began to suffer from a bit of tunnel vision they'd burst from out of nowhere and just shred their rear armor in a matter of seconds. It was glorious.

Edited by Falchion Sensei, 15 January 2013 - 09:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users