CGR-1A1 Charger fan concept

11 replies to this topic

#1 ethnic minority

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Started this one long ago before my exams started, but I didn't have the chance to finish it until now. I'll probably edit it down the road to remove the sloppily-done bits but I wanted to finish it before I left for dat dere camping trip. Enjoy! :o

V1
Posted Image

John Charger waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were urbanmechs in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway. John was a scout mech for fourteen years. When he was a commando he watched the assault mechs and he said to dad "I want to be the assault mechs daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY URBANMECHS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the LCAF he knew there were urbanmechs.
"This is Joson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the urbanmechs!"
So John gotted his small lasers and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the urbanmechs
"I will shoot at him" said the Imp and he fired the short range rocket missiles. John laeserd at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the urbanmechs" he shouted
The radio said "No, John. You are the urbanmechs"
And then John went reactor critical, shutdown imminent.

Edited by ethnic minority, 24 May 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#2 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Sweat! You've used some really awesome shapes and lines to redefine the Charger. My only two criticisms would be that your perspective appears to be a little too cartoon/anime in some areas (the way the right arm gets bigger nearer than hand than the elbow in particular) and that the left foot seems a little too perfectly straight on to the camera. Both of these are mostly issues of personal style preferences, though, and are easily ignored in the face of the rest of the image looking fantastic.

I'm working on a 3d model of a Clint just at the moment, but do you mind if I take a swing at doing a 3d model of this when I'm done with that?

#3 FoxiestFox

• PipPip
  • The Warrior
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hahahahaha I love your Doom: Repercussions of Evil parody.

#4 canned wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationFort Collins Colorado

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

You know what the really awsome thing about the charger is?

No, really, I'm asking.

#5 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

View Postcanned wolf, on 24 May 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

You can transform it into a Hatamoto!

#6 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Wow, really nice!
You can turn it into a Hatamoto Chi if you want. Just a few things must be changed.

View PostOdanan, on 24 May 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

You can transform it into a Hatamoto!

Damn, you were faster!^^

#7 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Nice work on the design dude, might I ask what did you use to create the Charger?

#8 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Excellent job. It turned out great!

#9 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

The art is awesome..

Its still a rather terrible weapons configuration.

Love the art! Hate the mech.

#10 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Removing the pistol is nice. Always good to have a free hand when smacking around "teh urbanmeks". :P

Wait, is that a searchlight in the left arm?

#11 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

I like the Charger. Pretty fast... and a 16 point Kicker always had fun in Close Combat. We played 3025 TT with Mutlifire. Making the
Charge able to fire 20 Small-Lasers. IF you get close enough you could grill every mech!

#12 ethnic minority

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 24 May 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Sweat! You've used some really awesome shapes and lines to redefine the Charger. My only two criticisms would be that your perspective appears to be a little too cartoon/anime in some areas (the way the right arm gets bigger nearer than hand than the elbow in particular) and that the left foot seems a little too perfectly straight on to the camera. Both of these are mostly issues of personal style preferences, though, and are easily ignored in the face of the rest of the image looking fantastic.

I'm working on a 3d model of a Clint just at the moment, but do you mind if I take a swing at doing a 3d model of this when I'm done with that?

Thanks for the input. When I get the chance I'll probably un-derp it by shrinking the head back to original size and redesigning the left arm small laser. As for the perspective, I used a single point perspective point rather than a two-line parallel vanishing point. Also, I'd love to see this in 3d :D

View Postcanned wolf, on 24 May 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

No, really, I'm asking.

Underdogs ftw

View PostGrendel408, on 24 May 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Nice work on the design dude, might I ask what did you use to create the Charger?

Just used photoshop[ and a tablet :o

View PostBarHaid, on 24 May 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Removing the pistol is nice. Always good to have a free hand when smacking around "teh urbanmeks". :wacko:

Wait, is that a searchlight in the left arm?

Either a searchlight or a camera. The Charger is a scout so I figured the only reason it had such a large sheath for the left small laser is that it could hide something else in there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users