Mm 3Rd Phase Is Taking Too Long, Just Add 4 Man Que Games.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Simple fix till pgi can get their mess sorted out.

Three ways to que:

solo que, for true random matches

4 man que. Grab a 4 man group and que, when the game finds 4 goups to que, it launches.

8 man que. Same as now.

Sounds simple right? I mean unless people are going to come out and say that they cant find 4 man groups now, and that the que would be like it is for 8 man.

The truth is 8 man teams existed before this mess, and they had fun rolling over the solo players. Then when a venue was added to fight fair, half of them discovered that they were terrible at playing the game without a huge advantage over the other side, and started to roll in 4 man groups to avoid losing. There are many excuses on why this happened. The most popular one being every fight was 6 atlas d-dc and 2 ravens. But the truth is half the teams that were playing were just getting outplayed, and switched to a smaller team size to duck the good players.

There are more than enough 4 man teams rolling around to make a 4 man que system viable and fun. While adding something back to the game: Balance.

Before those mad I would even suggest such heracy add their 2 cents, at least come up with a good reason there shouldnt be 4+4 v 4+4 added. And "bwaa everyone will still run optamized ecm teams and its no fun that way" is not a reason, because that is being done now, the only difference is the other side is a bunch of solo players who arent.

#2 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

All they need to fix pubs is in game voice chat.

EDIT: and a proper tutorial.

Edited by Tabrias07, 15 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#3 TrickyGilligan

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

So two things:

I generally play with a few RL friends. We generally do 2s or 3s. Should we not be allowed to play together in your model? Would we be forced to go up to 4? It's already silly that you can't play 5-7 man teams, adding more restrictions would be bad.

Secondly, the problem of pre-mades is one of perception. People assume that everytime they get stomped 8-0, it was only because some filthy exploiters were sync dropping. If we were to allow 2 man groups into the solo queue, nothing would change, since in theory sync dropping could still happen. If 2 man groups were put into the 4 man queue though... it just becomes too much of a matchmaking ***********.

I can safely say that I'd stop playing this game if this were implemented as you suggest.

#4 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostTrickyGilligan, on 15 January 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

So two things:

I generally play with a few RL friends. We generally do 2s or 3s. Should we not be allowed to play together in your model? Would we be forced to go up to 4? It's already silly that you can't play 5-7 man teams, adding more restrictions would be bad.

Secondly, the problem of pre-mades is one of perception. People assume that everytime they get stomped 8-0, it was only because some filthy exploiters were sync dropping. If we were to allow 2 man groups into the solo queue, nothing would change, since in theory sync dropping could still happen. If 2 man groups were put into the 4 man queue though... it just becomes too much of a matchmaking ***********.

I can safely say that I'd stop playing this game if this were implemented as you suggest.

2 or 3 man teams would simply become the norm if 4 man teams were banned from the que system we have now. So yes, because its the same situation as the duckers from 8 man games. They will adjust to 3 man teams, and continue to win with minimal effort.

And I dident mention 8 man sync dropping because everyone knows its an exploit, even if what they post pretends they dont see it that way. You dont always lose 8-0. But most times the team with a 4 man team wins hands down if the other team dosent have the same.

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostRiffleman, on 15 January 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

2 or 3 man teams would simply become the norm if 4 man teams were banned from the que system we have now. So yes, because its the same situation as the duckers from 8 man games. They will adjust to 3 man teams, and continue to win with minimal effort.

If two or three man teams are killing 8 man PUGs... The problem won't be the teams!

#6 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostRiffleman, on 15 January 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

The truth is 8 man teams existed before this mess, and they had fun rolling over the solo players. Then when a venue was added to fight fair, half of them discovered that they were terrible at playing the game without a huge advantage over the other side, and started to roll in 4 man groups to avoid losing. There are many excuses on why this happened. The most popular one being every fight was 6 atlas d-dc and 2 ravens. But the truth is half the teams that were playing were just getting outplayed, and switched to a smaller team size to duck the good players.

There are more than enough 4 man teams rolling around to make a 4 man que system viable and fun. While adding something back to the game: Balance.

Before those mad I would even suggest such heracy add their 2 cents, at least come up with a good reason there shouldnt be 4+4 v 4+4 added. And "bwaa everyone will still run optamized ecm teams and its no fun that way" is not a reason, because that is being done now, the only difference is the other side is a bunch of solo players who arent.

If you believe your comments are true about the reasons players don't do 8vs8 pre-made matches why do you think things would be any different for 4vs4?

Wouldn't all these players try to time solo-sync-drops into pug matches instead for less risk and greater chances of success?

#7 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostZylo, on 15 January 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

If you believe your comments are true about the reasons players don't do 8vs8 pre-made matches why do you think things would be any different for 4vs4?

Wouldn't all these players try to time solo-sync-drops into pug matches instead for less risk and greater chances of success?

I do indeed! many of the 4 players would try and sync drop. But its much harder to get 8 computers to sync drop than 2. Hopefully the frustration would lead to the practice being lessened. And thats why 2 and 3 man teams would be banned from solo as well, because 4 mans would just drop another guy to stay in control. Although 3 man max seems to work for world of tanks, never played so dont know the whole story.

#8 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostRiffleman, on 15 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

I do indeed! many of the 4 players would try and sync drop. But its much harder to get 8 computers to sync drop than 2. Hopefully the frustration would lead to the practice being lessened. And thats why 2 and 3 man teams would be banned from solo as well, because 4 mans would just drop another guy to stay in control. Although 3 man max seems to work for world of tanks, never played so dont know the whole story.

The point is that the 8 may not end up in the same match but if they manage to get 2 or 3 into the same match where everyone else believes there are no pre-made teams... I think you get the idea what would happen.

I don't think there would be any frustration on the part of the sync-droppers, the population is small enough that 8 players sync-dropping solo with specific mechs selected should have a very good chance of getting 2 or 3 into the same match. If they end up on opposite sides and are in TS it could easily turn into "Hey, lets farm these pugs and then engage each other at the end to maximize rewards". Both of these types of sync-drops would be harmful to the game.

The pugs will never be safe from those players who exploit the system by sync-dropping, even in a solo drop only match system. It is possible that pugs may actually get stomped more often by experienced players in a solo-only drop system, especially if phase3 matchmaker isn't released anytime soon.

#9 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

2 lances on each side.
or just a 4vs4

sounds like either would work ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users