11 replies to this topic

#1 Ra-ul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

I know, unseen and all and a Warhammer again. But here we go. This was a collaboration work with Jack Skieczius (I wonder if he´s still around). He modeled everything from feet to lower torso, my work is the torso, arms and PPC´s. I hope you like it anyway. The next time I´ll try to post something fresh and new.

Posted Image

#2 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

I recognize that model! He built the Rifleman which used those legs and I believe it was going to be used for BT Movie project. I haven't spoken to Etom (Jack) for a few years now though.

While you both do good work, it's easy to tell the different build styles with this model.

#3 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

The feet seem overly bulky to me, otherwise pretty nice.

#4 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

sexy like it used to be!

#5 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

As HanaYuriko said, Your different styles can be seen there, But it's a damn good render.

Edited by Caballo, 09 March 2012 - 05:46 AM.

#6 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Graysho, you have any other awesome works?

@OP, love the unseen, and the amount of detail is great in both the top/bottom halves. To be honest I like the Torso half, keep it simple, clean and add geometry and details, but not going overboard with it.

#7 Ra-ul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostSean Lang, on 09 March 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Graysho, you have any other awesome works?

I have done a lot of work back those days (around 2004-2005) and I´m currently thinking of putting together a portfolio of past and current work.

#8 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I had this picture saved for awhile in the vein hope that someday I would find a way to paint it up in my unit's colors. This is definately one of the most beautiful warhammers I've seen. It really captures the sense of the original battletech days for me, and I PRAY we'll be able to pilot the unseen mechs. Especially after seeing the MW5 teaser trailer. Drool.....

And to the guy with the feet issue: I disagree on the feet. I never pictured a heavy mech as 'light on its feet.' And when you think of center of gravity, and the kickback a PPC might need a good planting of the feet/foundation/platform to fire from (IDK if there is a kickback, but the image of big guns firing leaves me with the feeling that there is). If T-Rex's had big feet, you know mechs would need them too!

Anyway, thank you very much for posting this inspiring pic!

#9 Ra-ul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostPeiper, on 30 March 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I had this picture saved for awhile in the vein hope that somdeday I would find a way to paint it up in muy unit´s colors.

If I had more free time I´d UVmap and texture it for you guys to create custom skins, maybe some day I can do some more work on it.

And to the guy with the feet issue: I disagree on the feet. I never pictured a heavy mech as 'light on its feet.' And when you think of center of gravity, and the kickback a PPC might need a good planting of the feet/foundation/platform to fire from (IDK if there is a kickback, but the image of big guns firing leaves me with the feeling that there is). If T-Rex's had big feet, you know mechs would need them too!

This model is a pretty accurate reconstruction of the original warhammer blueprints. I personally find the feet are OK in size, but of course everyone has a different perception of what is right or wrong.

Anyway, thank you very much for posting this inspiring pic!

That´s what keeps me motivated doing this kind of work ;)

#10 GD26

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

@ GraySho

Great model. I love the variant with the two lasers above the cockpit (like the Japanese Tomahawk). Other renders offer a version slightly different without those to weapons. And the heavy PPCs are just awesome.
Nice work. :(

The feet seem overly bulky to me, otherwise pretty nice. - Longsword

Contrary. I LOVE those feet. Massive and solid as a Warhammer should have. I’d also think that they’d offer lots of stability and low ground-pressure.

#11 Punisher 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Nice work!

#12 FlyingJackal

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hey Grey, im still around.

its funny, i cant remember this model. like i recognize the legs, but i was thinking, damn i don't remember modeling the top half. Its been so long since i modeled anything battletech.
The concept are on this site has sparked some inspiration in me, if only i had time to model again.

Jack.

Edited by FlyingJackal, 24 May 2012 - 07:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users