Module Suggestion To Help Light And Med Scout

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Module Suggestion To Help Light And Med Scout (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Good idea?

1. Yes (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (2 votes [33.33%])

3. Kinda (2 votes [33.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 asdbnmrty

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

As a new player I was considering the role of scout. I was quickly turned off by the idea since mechs are automatically marked once in someones line of sight.

Isn't the point of a scout to see the enemy mechs while being unseen?

I feel that a player taking this role should have some sort of innate protection against this. I then had the idea that perhaps they could have this through the installation of a module. The module could prevent auto tagging beyond a certain range, a medium range like 500-600. If beyond this range, the equipped mech would not be auto tagged by simple entering an enemy mechs line of sight. Instead enemy mechs would have to hold their targeting reticule over your mech for say a second in order for you to be tagged. All normal line of sight rules for being tagged would be normal below these ranges.

A module like this would encourage sulking in the shadows, yet can still be tagged if not properly hidden. The module could be available only in use of light and medium mechs, to prevent abuse from larger mechs. Medium mechs could also take this to serve as long range skirmishers, since it would be harder to target and retaliate against them.

I realize that ECM does a similar role, but I think it serves a completely different purpose since it is area of effect. It is a more team-centric item and actually takes tonnage and critical space while my suggestion simply takes a module space. Personally I also think ECM provides way too much benefit for its criteria.

What do you all think?

#2 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

i would just stick to ecm, but allow it only for people who skilled the scout/ewf tree...oh wait, those pilot role skilltrees are not implemented yet...damn^^

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 15 January 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#3 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

The only light that really appears in game is the ECM Raven and I'll be DAMNED if it needs any sort of buff at all. As a matter of fact, in it's current broken state, it needs to be nerfed out of the game entirely!

#4 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Give mechs who can't mount Guardian the option to mount the non-canon ECM 3025. It would give them some jamming capabilities and improved spotting at the cost of weight, crits, and possibly range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users