Next Assault Mech: Ditch The Banshee And Bring In The Thunderhawk!

77 replies to this topic

#41 Mr 144

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Re: Sunder...

View Postverybad, on 09 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

Post Clan Invasion mech. (3056)

I know, but something tells me the proposed timeline is going to go askew quite soon...They simply can't stick with it once clan tech is introduced. Given the current rate of mech releases...there's a good chance #20 will take this long as well, and would fit with the introduction of clans...slight timeline cheating notwithstanding.

And I don't care...It was my favorite in MekTek MW4, and I wants it, my prescious :(

Mr 144

#42 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'd like to see the Zeus. Or the Thug

#43 Capp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostMr 144, on 09 January 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Re: Sunder...

I know, but something tells me the proposed timeline is going to go askew quite soon...They simply can't stick with it once clan tech is introduced. Given the current rate of mech releases...there's a good chance #20 will take this long as well, and would fit with the introduction of clans...slight timeline cheating notwithstanding.

And I don't care...It was my favorite in MekTek MW4, and I wants it, my prescious :(

Mr 144

At least in the Mercs version, the Sunder was actually part of the original game, not one of the MekTek add-ins.

Duncan Fisher in the Solaris announcements said if he were to compete again, he'd take a Sunder.

You can't argue with that kind of reccomendation, right?

But, alas, developed from Clan tech. Gotta wait.

#44 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Rather have a Nightstar or a King Crab... Something that looks more inhuman because there's already so many of those.

#45 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

any mech build post 3025 IS AN ABOMINATION!

#46 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

It sucks that whatever the next assault is going to be, we are still looking at it coming out 7 months from now, if we are lucky. Makes me a sad panda.

Edited by Mongoose Trueborn, 09 January 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#47 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

What worries me is that after mech 20 we won't get any more IS mechs for a LONG while. It would be frustrating if some of the most iconic mechs don't get in. I.E. the Zeus. After this mech it will most likely be all Clan mechs.

#48 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

View Postverybad, on 09 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

No thank you. It's a boring mech. With original art that is neither good nor interesting.

Also, it's not available in the time frame.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Thunder_Hawk
We're already getting a Star League era mech in the Highlander.

The Thunderhawk brings nothing to the table except a more MinMaxxable style mech. It would result in 2 Gauss, 3-4 PPC undoubtedly.

It was too high tech to produce by the Great Houses as they didn't have the tech to make it. It was a Star League only mech until some time after the Clans invade.

Post Clan Invasion mech. (3056)

Actually I was thinking of configuring to it having 3x AC20s and 4x Sm lasers. or 2x Gauss 1x Ac20s.. with 4x Sm lasers.

But hey the Cataphract would be enough for me.. i want a mech that operates like one of those world war 2 fight planes.. machine guns.. aka AC2s and then cannons as 2xgauss

#49 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostFiveDigits, on 09 January 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

The discussion is really moot. The final assault will most likely be the Zeus anyways ...
We just recently had an ISN news flash hinting at it.

Possibly. It's hard to say. The Zeus has enough variants to make it in, but barely - the differences between a ZEU-6S and ZEU-6T aren't much, the ZEU-6T and ZEU-9S would be identical from a hardpoint standpoint. I'd actually think they could get more mileage from the Victor, which at least would have more intrinsic variety between the VTR-9A, VTR-9B, and VTR-9A1 variants...

View PostDukarriope, on 09 January 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Rather have a Nightstar or a King Crab... Something that looks more inhuman because there's already so many of those.

King Crab would be cool... but there are few variants to distinguish between. Sort of the same problem the Crab has, it's basically one configuration, just with or without LosTech upgrades.

#50 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 09 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

The next mech announcement is most likely an Assault mech, if you look at the trend carefully, there is five per weight class and it is the most logical assumption.

So, again by logic, it may be a 95 ton class, and the only mech that fits the bill it is a Banshee.

But WHO WANT A BANSHEE?

But it is also 3050.. from canon sources, another assault mech is making its debut in the Inner sphere battlefield.

"Quote from Sarna"

The Thunder Hawk was built by Norse-Storm BattleMechs during the final six years of the SLDF's drive to retake the Terran Hegemony. The Thunder Hawk epitomizes the doctrine of firepower over maneuverability with its heavy weapons arsenal and low top speed. Taken out of production after the end of the Amaris Civil War, Thunder Hawk production began again during the mid-3050s.[3][4]

It has 3 variants.

TDK-7X

TDK-7Y

TDK-7KMA - This needs the Arrow Artillery IV weapon, which it SHOULD have been out already with the MASC

So.. we want this mech, Period.

It has something so sweet that every one, I mean you got to be crazy not wanting it.

3X Gauss rifle. I only want the ballistic configuration.. personally I don't care about Gauss rifles.. to heavy.

So to the DEV.. WE WANT THE THUNDERHAWK.

And we would also want to ditch the KING CRAB..

who's this "we" you speak of....

#51 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostSears, on 09 January 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

The Thug would be cool, but there's two main problems.

The first being that it has no unique hardpoints at all in relation to either the Stalker or Awesome. The second is that people would cry bloody murder that they want the Hatomoto-Chi insteat, or as a Hero Variant.

#52 Abrissbirne

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Another problem: the Thug does not have that many variants.

The Hatamoto series (which is AFAIK a crossover between Thug and Charger that some Kurita techs came up with) would be interesting. But when another assault, then I'd vote for the Banshee as well. Makes a great competitor against the Atlas, in weaponry as well as in looks.

#53 Johnathon Drew

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 09 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

The next mech announcement is most likely an Assault mech, if you look at the trend carefully, there is five per weight class and it is the most logical assumption.

So, again by logic, it may be a 95 ton class, and the only mech that fits the bill it is a Banshee.

But WHO WANT A BANSHEE?

But it is also 3050.. from canon sources, another assault mech is making its debut in the Inner sphere battlefield.

"Quote from Sarna"

The Thunder Hawk was built by Norse-Storm BattleMechs during the final six years of the SLDF's drive to retake the Terran Hegemony. The Thunder Hawk epitomizes the doctrine of firepower over maneuverability with its heavy weapons arsenal and low top speed. Taken out of production after the end of the Amaris Civil War, Thunder Hawk production began again during the mid-3050s.[3][4]

It has 3 variants.

TDK-7X

TDK-7Y

TDK-7KMA - This needs the Arrow Artillery IV weapon, which it SHOULD have been out already with the MASC

So.. we want this mech, Period.

It has something so sweet that every one, I mean you got to be crazy not wanting it.

3X Gauss rifle. I only want the ballistic configuration.. personally I don't care about Gauss rifles.. to heavy.

So to the DEV.. WE WANT THE THUNDERHAWK.

And we would also want to ditch the KING CRAB..

okay, i agreee with a lot of this. but why do you dislike the kingcrab? its one of the best mechs in battletech!

#54 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Saw that thread title.. but wait a minute, we already have best assault we could ever wanted - its fast, well armored with good weapons slots.. its ECM Raven!

#55 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 09 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

We're not even close to being in the mid 3050's. Case closed.
Close is relative. When talking about time.

#56 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostGunGrave666, on 09 January 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

i believe the banshee would be a better choice more customizing and it looks like optimus prime

Ummmmm what??
Posted Image

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

I would love the Thunder Hawk but it is to early for that. Now I like the Zeus over most the Banshees.

#58 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

>3 gauss rifles
>4 lasers

Another ******* support assault?

#59 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSears, on 09 January 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

You want the Thug? The Hamato Chi is better, and there are far more variants available. The Prime version of the Hamato Chi essentially IS a Thug. I don't know of any actually different versions of the Thug in any cas, it's not go much diversity, which the Hamato Chi has in spades.

View PostLonestar1771, on 09 January 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

What worries me is that after mech 20 we won't get any more IS mechs for a LONG while. It would be frustrating if some of the most iconic mechs don't get in. I.E. the Zeus. After this mech it will most likely be all Clan mechs.

Then KIll the clan mechs for justice!

View PostBlane, on 10 January 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

who's this "we" you speak of....

Exactly.

I diswant the Thunderhawk. It's ugly, has bad hygiene, is cheesy, it's smelly, it's stupid, and I unfriend it!!!

#60 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

It'll either be the Mauler (ugh, please no) or the Cyclops simply because of the empty 90 ton slot. LET'S GO CLOPS!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users