How Many Players Being Angry At Pgi Is Partly Pgi's Fault.

69 replies to this topic

#61 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 10 January 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

I am sure I did. No regrets. I think I tried just signing up first but no go.

I just wondered if that was the usual way to do it in betas. I have not done many, infact only in 3 free to pay games
and I only had to pay my way into this one. Really needed to get that pvp itch scratched so it was okay.

As did I. ;) Back in the day, getting into a Beta (of any sort) was an honor and very difficult. The number of seats offered often numbered less than <100. Nowadays the first wave of invites is usually in the 1000's with many waves to follow, and then the Buy in phase goes into affect.

I would have paid to get into many I missed out on back then, but things were quite a bit different then as well. :(

#62 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Lets not jump the gun saying they have increased their player base "drastically".

For a short while they did.

I wouldn't be so optimistic with numbers these days.

People are bleeding out from this game with a big lol on their face.

I let slepnir convince me to download STO, a game I hadn't played since their OB started.

Needless to say, having more fun in STO.

#63 Kotrin

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 10 January 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

Lets not jump the gun saying they have increased their player base "drastically".

I don't have the figures and PGI certainly won't release them, but there might be some truth here. I've surprisingly met a number of errors "Unable to find a match" when trying to get a game lately.

Moreover, since MWO moved to "open beta" other games have as well, including massive multiplayer games (Planetside 2) or a mech-based game with 4 different game modes, music, many maps, multiple servers worldwide, available in multiple languages and developped by an indie group in 9 months (Hawken).

All F2P of course.

Guess new blood isn't flowing much around here.

But who knows, perhaps releasing "Caustic Valley Night" and "River City Snow" will cut it? ;)

Edited by Kotrin, 10 January 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#64 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostKotrin, on 10 January 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Moreover, since MWO moved to "open beta" other games have as well, including massive multiplayer games (Planetside 2) or a mech-based game with 4 different game modes, music, many maps, multiple servers worldwide, available in multiple languages and developped by an indie group in 9 months (Hawken).

Did someone say "Hawken"?

Posted Image

#65 SmackZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 303 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'm not pissed at em for anything really, besides the fact I was looking for Mechwarrior 5 and not MWO. I knew what it was before I bought it, how can I be pissed? The fact that all the lil new wave players wanna cry bout this and that instead of figuring out how to counters anothers tactics dont bother me. I have fun playing the game winning or loosing. Too many just want the game setup so they cant loose, what kinda crap is that? ;)

#66 Rofleupagus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 67 posts
  • LocationClimbin' in yo' window

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

I'm good with them. I wish they would put in a pause button. I havent played in 2 weeks for complete lack of content. WHY OH WHY DID I ACTIVATE MY FOUNDERS TIME!

#67 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 10 January 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

People are bleeding out from this game with a big lol on their face.

I let slepnir convince me to download STO, a game I hadn't played since their OB started.

Needless to say, having more fun in STO.

All F2P games have the same player tidal flow issue. When it costs nothing to try, many do. Some find what they want others not so much and move on. I was going to try STO and then read up on it. It did not get many glaringly good start up reviews iirc.

In this day and age we are blessed to have that opportunity really. Try as many as you want for Free and just pick the ones you like or think the best. It is like gaming Nervana ffs. And yet folks just can't help themselves and feel somehow compelled to generally denigrate all of them, as if it was a matter of course.

How is the STO F2P model coming along btw. Didn't it start as a Sub based game?

Edited by MaddMaxx, 10 January 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#68 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I found one Point very funny.

Thoose : you can pay money on this Game so its not Beta anymore.

Only one Info Guys,

They accepted c Money for closed Beta and guess what.

They made 5 millions by doing so.

For an Closed Beta !!

#69 Kotrin

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostIlwrath, on 10 January 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Did someone say "Hawken"?

Posted Image

Actually, yes, the TV-Mech is integral part of the game.

As a company based on F2P model, they took the liberty to give an ugly face to the default free Mech. That's totally on purpose, with a touch of humor. Too bad some MWO 'Mech are still ugly once you bought them...

In Hawken, each and every 'Mech costs $5, period. Another $5 gives you plenty of in-game currency for 'Mech customization, because you can change torso, arms, legs, feet appearance, jump jet fire, repair drone and paint jobs, just to name a few. You can also spend only $5 to customize default 'Mech, no need to purchase another. I haven't spent a dime there but still had lots of fun.

Hawken game is far from perfect - there's little weapon customization or teamplay, it's more action-based than MWO, more like a 'Mech-based counterstrike. But their economy doesn't give the player the impression he's robbed at every corner.

And they do improve their game at an impressive pace...

#70 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostBraddack, on 10 January 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

I found one Point very funny.

Thoose : you can pay money on this Game so its not Beta anymore.

Only one Info Guys,

They accepted c Money for closed Beta and guess what.

They made 5 millions by doing so.

For an Closed Beta !!

Just because you can pay money doesn't mean that it isn't still beta. As you'll notice it says "Mechwarrior Online BETA" at the top.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users