Mechwarrior Tactics Founders Packages Are Go!

46 replies to this topic

#21 Mancu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

The game looks interesting but the anime mechs in it are a total turn off. What the hell were they thinking?!

Definitely going to pass on spending money on this one. I'll try it out when it goes open beta.

#22 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostJason1138, on 10 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

the lack of a single player option in MT turns me off

that and as the above poster said i got burned here sinking alot of money into founders for a sub par game that won't be what they promised it would be for at least a year, probably two, so i can't see myself doing it again

i do love mechcommander though. stomps all over this game in terms of pure fun and in creating the feeling that mechs are giant war machines that destroy tanks and fortifications easily

At least for my experience with MWO I disagree. While the game is lacking in some areas, I feel I've gotten every penny's worth of enjoyment out of the money invested MWO, which has been fully my go to game and avenue of enjoyment for the past 6 months or so. MWT on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. It's not a can't miss game that I'd want to throw down money without ever seeing real game footage or being able to demo it myself, especially with the real lack of info over there. A $120 Legendary pack is crazy for MWT.

-k

#23 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostPenance, on 10 January 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Well you just told me some things. I was sitting here at work, considering the 120 level (i'm a glutton for punishment despite saying no earlier). So MWTis a multiplayer game only? No single player mode ala mechcommander?

Thanks for the info, I'm totally not interested now.

There is a single player version as you can play against AI from my reading of the threads linked on the front page.

#24 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostRemarius, on 10 January 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

There is a single player version as you can play against AI from my reading of the threads linked on the front page.

is there a story to it, or just "dummy matches"? sounds like the latter.

#25 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

For people wondering what the game is like, its basically megamek(online battletech tabletop) made with shiny graphics and a shorter game time (instead of one match of 5 on 5 taking an hour it takes more like 10 minutes)

Edited by Ashnod, 10 January 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#26 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostPenance, on 10 January 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

is there a story to it, or just "dummy matches"? sounds like the latter.

I think a lot of "story" driven matches will be more based on players rather than the devs giving a story. I am guessing once more than 1v1 comes out you will get players running private campaigns with a dedicated story. also if I was the company making MWT, I would start working on recreating the scenario packs and sell them for like 5 bucks per scenario, you would get quite a bit of money, and eventually they would just start creating more scenarios.

#27 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'll get one of the founders packs for sure.

Like lots of folks are saying, the graphics are terrible, but it's a whole lot better than MegaMek and its awfully close to the TT experience. Except it'll be much easier to find opponents.

Can't wait!

(Also, poor Hunchback for getting left out of the Founders pack. Good for the Clint, I guess.)

#28 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostPenance, on 10 January 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Starcraft: Heart of the Swarm 3/12/13

Supporting a greedy company like Activision is never a good thing to do.

Spare your money on something like CoH2 and TW:R2, or PA. Games in which you don't pay for a horrendously overpriced DLC you must buy to actually stay competitive. Twilight-level story included (never read or seen it, but many people hate on that story, so I consider it a good comparison).

And to stay on-topic, I'll pass up on the founder's pack just like I did with MW:O. It's a different reason this time around, but he results are ultimately the same.

Edited by Adridos, 10 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#29 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I will be getting the $20 founder pack as soon as I am able. I am positive that I will get $20 of enjoyment from the game, I have a better chance of wasting my money going to a movie for $20.

That does not mean that I will stick with the game, but if I do then I might even upgrade to the 50 package. I did the same thing in MWO, started with the lowest deal, decided I liked it and then dropped some more cash on it, and I have not regretted it for a single second.

#30 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostIlwrath, on 10 January 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

I took a look at it and all I can say is "wtf did they do to the Catapult?" That thing on the left side of the picture at the site is supposed to be a Catapult right?

Have you seen the Hunchback? B)

View PostPenance, on 10 January 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

The funny thing is, a few months ago I made a few posts there, and mentioned a founder pack, and the fan boys were all "WAAH, we don't want the MWO kiddies coming here, ruining our tiny little world in a bubble"...well here we are.

Remember fanboys, money wins over your interests...always.

Yeah, because it's totally a different set of people... :)

#31 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

$642 value on the $120 Legendary Package? Seriously? I've seen used cars for less than $642... :)

#32 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't see an anime influence on the mech design. It does remind me of dark age clicky tech crossed with small children's toys.

#33 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I like it.
Its a new fresh re imagining.
All you folks are too trapped by the past.

#34 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostAdridos, on 10 January 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Supporting a greedy company like Activision is never a good thing to do.

Spare your money on something like CoH2 and TW:R2, or PA. Games in which you don't pay for a horrendously overpriced DLC you must buy to actually stay competitive. Twilight-level story included (never read or seen it, but many people hate on that story, so I consider it a good comparison).

And to stay on-topic, I'll pass up on the founder's pack just like I did with MW:O. It's a different reason this time around, but he results are ultimately the same.

I understand what you're saying, I'm kind of feeling the same way about EA, I am trying not to buy too much from them. I'm getting the new Sim City, then that's probably it for a long time.

Well, I'm into the starcraft story, and already have my order in for it, and will most likely get the 3rd one, i'll probably get D3 expansions also. Just because I was a spud when the OG's came out, and I'm just into the story, and want to see where it goes.

As for D3, I got Torchlight 2 during a STEAM sale, and that is what Blizzard should've done.

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 10 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

$642 value on the $120 Legendary Package? Seriously? I've seen used cars for less than $642... :)

It may not run well if at all, or need a lot of work...ironically, the game will be the same. So, do you need a used car?

View Postdal10, on 10 January 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

I think a lot of "story" driven matches will be more based on players rather than the devs giving a story. I am guessing once more than 1v1 comes out you will get players running private campaigns with a dedicated story. also if I was the company making MWT, I would start working on recreating the scenario packs and sell them for like 5 bucks per scenario, you would get quite a bit of money, and eventually they would just start creating more scenarios.

See, the scenarios are a good idea, that would be like a single player game, where a lone player can drop in and complete it. It would keep me interested, but for how long (depending on the price of them) is the question.

If they were to do scenarios, they should at least give players 3 for free to try them out, and give a taste.

#35 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 10 January 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

I don't see an anime influence on the mech design. It does remind me of dark age clicky tech crossed with small children's toys.

I think You're right, it's more of a clicky/toy influenced design then anime. Still I might give it a try once open beta starts if I don't get into closed.

#36 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostFabe, on 11 January 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I think You're right, it's more of a clicky/toy influenced design then anime. Still I might give it a try once open beta starts if I don't get into closed.

the game does have a TT feel, so that could've been what they were going for. It's still beta, and will probably go through a release very similar to MWO. I would expect one or two model improvements.

EDIT: I broke down. Legendary founded. Saw that it is 1v1 or 1 V AI and that's what I wanted.

Edited by Penance, 11 January 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#37 Rippthrough

• Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostMancu, on 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

The game looks interesting but the anime mechs in it are a total turn off. What the hell were they thinking?

This, I got all excited, clicked on the link, and had a complete turn-off. It was like finding out that Thia bird is actually a bloke.

#38 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostMancu, on 10 January 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

The game looks interesting but the anime mechs in it are a total turn off. What the hell were they thinking?!

They changed the designs to be able to monopolise all weapons and in turn make all changes visible.
Except for the bad look of the mechs, it works like a charm.

#39 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

i gotta say i´m a bit torn... i basically like it somehow, but on the other hand, the whole collectible thingy looks and feels like it will become very heavy on the wallet if you play more than casually... plus the fact that most mechdesigns are contrary to what i like, i guess i will not get a founders pack there... i will play it, now and then i guess... but MWO has clear prority for me so far, then followed by a few other games i play, and then, at the end, stand the Unity games, including MWT, JaggedAlliance:O and soon Shadowrun:O

View PostAshnod, on 10 January 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

For people wondering what the game is like, its basically megamek(online battletech tabletop) made with shiny graphics and a shorter game time (instead of one match of 5 on 5 taking an hour it takes more like 10 minutes)

with added animation for the movement/ firephases, and last but not least, as mentioned above, a huge part collectible cards/ MW Clixgame and not so much BattleTech ...

singleplayer is w/o story or whatever, imagine it more as a training scenario against AI, while the focus of the game is - as typically for Clix/ TC games, the PvP ... but as always, it´s still in CBT, and it will even be in development in the future, so who knows what else they will do with it...

i really wonder how they get to a "value of 600+ $" with a few items and skins, unless they will sell Cbills as well... :wub:

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 14 January 2013 - 04:13 AM.

#40 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

If it weren't for the terrible artwork and dubious game/business model, I'd be paying for and playing it. Looks like they don't want my money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users