Command Console Instructions?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Seriously, this thing needs some documentation!
Does it take any keyboard commands?
Can I flag enemys and issue attack orders?
How do I issue a waypoint other than alpha?
Can I group friendlies into lances?

I installed one and started pugging, and
OMG! PUGS FOLLOW WAYPOINTS!
I was shocked... totally worth the three tons of space, but I need to know what else it can do.

Sidenote: Stalker-5S's make awesome command Mechs.
Comando-2D's considerably less so.

#2 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

You have confused Command Console with Taking Command in the Battle Grid. (The map)

Since the mech installable Command Console is currently a placeholder...

the devs should activate some monitors in the cockpit (beyond HS and ammo):

1) A screen showing your the paperdolls and damage values of your team so the commander can see his teams status.
(ECM would negate this bonus & it worked only as far as your scanners max range)

2) Another monitor showing all those useful additions available like the air strikes and scanner stations

3) a third monitor logging each mech type, paper doll & letter designation as they become known to your team.
Damage would be logged as soon your mechs (in your radar) have them targeted with full info.

4) There should be some benefit between to same-team mechs both having the CC... like nerfing my #3 and having only damage logged from your personal targeting and those from an allies CC... like the commandos.

#3 Op4blushift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm pretty sure Command Console actually does absolutely nothing at all right now. The Devs are planning to implement some stuff for it though (airstrikes etc.). Personally I think they should just get rid of it until it actually has a use so people don't get confused and waste 3 tons on absolutely nothing.

Edited by Op4blushift, 09 February 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#4 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

The command console does nothing right now. It is literally a 3-ton paperweight.

What you are asking about is the battlegrid, which is accessed with the 'B' key by default. At the top left of the map is a "Take Command" button. Currently, since there is no real role warfare there are no real options for a commander other than issuing waypoints and using that pretty yellow text to tell your team where to go and what to do.

#5 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

The current Command Console is, as has been said, a placeholder. It is there so that you can work on builds including it prior to full implementation (much like ECM and BAP were available as placeholders long before they were working gear).

My hope is that the CC becomes a partial counter to ECM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users