5 replies to this topic

#1 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts
  • LocationFighting the Clan Invasion

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

you realize that your just asking for trouble and that a large portion of the community is just going to ignore you ... so lets move to making real points to sway people in your favor.

#2 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Looks like you hit the wrong button, good sir.

#3 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Nope just tried of ppl only saying "its not in TT so it shouldnt be here" instead of stating why whatever they want to change is broken and how the other option would work better

#4 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostBeliall, on 11 January 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Nope just tried of ppl only saying "its not in TT so it shouldnt be here" instead of stating why whatever they want to change is broken and how the other option would work better

Ah, well, I can agree. I've began adding a post-amble to my posts that generally involves a secondary argument around looking at an issue from a purely gameplay perspective, even when ignoring TT. It helps a little, although some folks tend to still directly respond to any TT reference as some sort of sacriliege while ignoring the rest of your post.

Of course, some people really shouldn't use the TT as an argument (and sometimes, the only argument) like they do, but I don't tend to see that as often as I see people being aggressive towards any mention of the TT.

Not sure why that mentality developed, but its upsetting.

#5 Titan Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Unfortunately many of the arguments on this forum make me drool from brain damage and don't warrant any more of a response than "TT."

#6 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostOrzorn, on 11 January 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Ah, well, I can agree. I've began adding a post-amble to my posts that generally involves a secondary argument around looking at an issue from a purely gameplay perspective, even when ignoring TT. It helps a little, although some folks tend to still directly respond to any TT reference as some sort of sacriliege while ignoring the rest of your post.

Of course, some people really shouldn't use the TT as an argument (and sometimes, the only argument) like they do, but I don't tend to see that as often as I see people being aggressive towards any mention of the TT.

Not sure why that mentality developed, but its upsetting.

Indeed you do ... I just see so many ideas shot down using "wasnt TT ref" or valid TT concept that could be carried over also shot downin the same manner . If it was left out more people would be open to the ideas put forth because TT was just ground work ( many ideas carry over ) but in the end of the day it really doesnt matter unless the video game works and the ideas put forth would benefit the MWO experience

Edited by Beliall, 11 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users