Soon-to-be Ghost Bear Dominion

210 replies to this topic

#1 micnorian14

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 5 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

As the year is still 3049, Clan Ghost Bear has not yet relocated to the InnerSphere as a Warden clan, as that takes place after the Great Refusal on Strana Mechty.

What should our (Clan Ghost Bear) allegiance be for now? Lone Wolf? I'm reading up as much as I can to try and remember this stuff. Its been like 6 years for me! Also: I am assuming the Free Rasalhague Republic will become Ghost Bear Dominon in 3060 once they merge with us.

I figured this would make for an interesting topic. Any thoughts?

#2 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

I smell Coffi lurking nearby. :P

#3 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

As with most clansmen, we...err...I mean they are lurking on the forums and within other units, biding their time. CoffiNail is the de facto Ghost Bear leader at the moment, and he just recently pledged temporary allegiance to the FRR. He has a plan for future operations. I know a lot of clansmen are forming their own mercenary units as well. However most seem content to wait as lone wolves and roam the future invasion corridor until that day of reckoning.

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hail trothkin and brother!

I am of the 304th Assault Cluster, Beta Galaxy. My unit has agreed that the best course is to be making sure the information the Wolf's Dragoons have been giving us has validity. We are posing as Mercenaries, mainly based in the FRR as it is the region of birth of the Mother Sandra Tseng. Which is Why I have recently set my allegiance avatar to the FRR, also as we become brothers with those in the FRR it also seemed right.

Lone Wolf would not allow the camaraderie we would need to full fill our goals and to prepare ourselves as a whole to join with the ranks of our family once again when they make appearance.

#5 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

Soon-to-be.. yeah right.. if you want to wait 54 RL years :( it wasnt until 3103 that the merge happened.

By the way, we (the FRR) will fight any clans trying to take our territory tooth and nails, ghost bears included.

#6 Col David Phoenix

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCeres, South Africa

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

Agreed. Just come and try.

#7 Magnus Grimm

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yeah, it seems like jumping ship to the clans is a far off idea. Besides, do you really think they'll be inviting people us "freebirth scum" in during the damned invasion?
Unless you want to end a bondsman (good luck with that :D) it doesn't look like anyone's joining them anytime soon.

Edited by Magnus Grimm, 25 May 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#8 micnorian14

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 25 May 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Soon-to-be.. yeah right.. if you want to wait 54 RL years :P it wasnt until 3103 that the merge happened.

By the way, we (the FRR) will fight any clans trying to take our territory tooth and nails, ghost bears included.

View PostCol David Phoenix, on 25 May 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

The Ghost Bear Dominion formed in 3060 after the Great Refusal. It was renamed to the Rasalhague Domion in 3103.

The FRR did not submit to Ghost Bear, they agreed on our beliefs and decided to form together as a new house: Ghost Bear Dominion. (Half Ghost Bear, half FRR if that makes sense)

This appears accurate from several Wiki sources available online. I also have the original BattleTech books in my possesion. First Prints :P

#9 Obikirk

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

View Postmicnorian14, on 26 May 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

The Ghost Bear Dominion formed in 3060 after the Great Refusal. It was renamed to the Rasalhague Domion in 3103.

The FRR did not submit to Ghost Bear, they agreed on our beliefs and decided to form together as a new house: Ghost Bear Dominion. (Half Ghost Bear, half FRR if that makes sense)

This appears accurate from several Wiki sources available online. I also have the original BattleTech books in my possesion. First Prints :P

yes but IIRC the devs have said that the possession of planets will not follow cannon, its dependent on the players actions. So the plan is kill the clanners, establish a permenant FRR, ???, profit

#10 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

View Postmicnorian14, on 26 May 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Though Ghost Bears made their Dominion in the 60s, The Free Rasalhague Republic did not merge with it until 3103 and then it was renamed The RASALHAGUE Dominion.

#11 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

not to ruin spirits or anything
but i'm here to change history!

#12 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Ghost Bear Dominion won't happen.

Skjaldborg Dominion however... That's another story.

#13 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

Soon-to-be.. yeah right.. if you want to wait 54 RL years :P it wasnt until 3103 that the merge happened.

And those of us from the Combine will lend our swords to our brothers and sisters to the west and repel the Clans when they do come.

#14 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostStrataDragoon, on 26 May 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

So am I :P

#15 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Soon-to-be.. yeah right.. if you want to wait 54 RL years :) it wasnt until 3103 that the merge happened.

View PostCol David Phoenix, on 25 May 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

View PostStrataDragoon, on 26 May 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

View PostSkoll, on 26 May 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Ghost Bear Dominion won't happen.

Skjaldborg Dominion however... That's another story.

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 26 May 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

And those of us from the Combine will lend our swords to our brothers and sisters to the west and repel the Clans when they do come.

Resistance is futile....

View PostObikirk, on 26 May 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

yes but IIRC the devs have said that the possession of planets will not follow cannon, its dependent on the players actions.

But they have also said certain planets will be off limits due to their part in history, which makes me think the devs will preserve cannon to an extent. I just recommend you all practice lots in the coming months. 3050 will be a fun ride

#16 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 26 May 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

HAHA Like FRR wants help from House Kurita

#17 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 May 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

HAHA Like FRR wants help from House Kurita

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, dont forget that.

Use the tools you are given, and dispose of them when necessary.

#18 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Well.. until the clans arrive we will happily shoot any Kuritan on sight. After the clans arrive we shall have to wait and see how the balance of power shifts until we make our move.

#19 Magnus Grimm

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 26 May 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, dont forget that.

Use the tools you are given, and dispose of them when necessary.

Maxim 29: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. Nothing more, nothing less.
~Schlock Mercenary

#20 micnorian14

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 26 May 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Though Ghost Bears made their Dominion in the 60s, The Free Rasalhague Republic did not merge with it until 3103 and then it was renamed The RASALHAGUE Dominion.

I found my fathers copy of Battletech Era Report 3052/3062 and discovered what you say to be true; Ghost Bear Dominion was founded in 3060 alongside the Free Rasalhague Republic, and united with them as the Rasalhague Dominion in 3103. It was my understanding that they merged soon after relocating to FRR space. Ghost Bear Dominion is RARELY listed as it's own InnerSphere faction during the 53 years it was named such. Things get a little confusing around that big change. I also believe, as this being a pivotal point in BattleTech history, that the Devs would leave this alone to prevent totally screwing up the (Battletech) Universe as we know it!

To conclude: in 3060, following the Great Refusal on Strana Mechty, Clan Ghost Bear will become a Warden clan and relocate to FRR space, renaming to Ghost Bear Dominion - its own InnerSpere faction and leaving a foothold on both our homeworld Strana Mechty and our Enclave on Arcadia. Until then, I would follow what CoffiNail has suggested:

Ghost Bear allegiance is either coughspiesintheinnerspherecough or Mercenaries. We will wait and see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users