Solving The Raven Problem..

9 replies to this topic

#1 SlXSlXSlX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

I suggest we approach this issue in a different way. Obviously, Ravens are aproblem for most mechs. I think waht we need are mechs, to deal with ravens by brawling them down. I have drawn up some concepts, feel free to take a look.

Posted Image

This is the RAPTOR-1X light mech. Designed to keep fire on ravens with their arm mounted ultra-ac5, as they close in to finish the job with an array of small lasers. The RAPTOR saw service following the clan invasion, serving as a back-bone for inner sphere forces. The Raptor was also a favored mech in the Solaris Arena, due to its firepower and mobility. Raptors can use a JJ ability without equipping jump jets, because theyre raptors after all, and raptors can jump pretty high.

Posted Image

This is the CERATOPS-2XL. The advantage of the CERATOPS is the incredible tonnage capacity. Inner Sphere pilots are know to load CERATOPS up with a combination of large single shot ballistics or lasers. The extra tonnage is spent on cooling, which allows the ERPPC's and AC/10s to fire liberally. CERATOPS were outfitted with command consoles, because god knows they had no prior use. The CERATPOS became a Fladship among the forces repelling the clans. A CERATOPS is usually found behind its accompanying RAPTOR-1X's, taking frequent heavy damage shots at Raven legs. A Raven unfortunate enough to be legged by a CERATOPS-2XL will likely be skewered moments later by the three melee weapons attached to the CERATOPS frontal head section.

Posted Image

And finally we have "Mecha-Rex". This model, the MECHA-R3X, is a Raven's worst nightmare. The upper arms were reduced in size and weight to allocate maximum tonnage to weapons. The idea is, do as much damage as possible while closing range. The MECHA-R3X was designed much later than the other 2 models. The bodyshape was inspired by the discovery of alien life in the battle-tech universe. It was disigned after a race of bird like aliens mech pilots had faced on the dark and dangerous edges of known space. This model comes equipped with 2 ac/2s for component damage, 6 ER-PPCs, and a flamethrower for close range dps. The PPC's are bundled into a single focused energy beam mounted on the center back torso. An important tip for new mech pilots learning to drive the MECHA-R3X is to avoid legging Raven mechs as they close in for the kill. The biggest drawback of the R3X model is that it's ability to stay locked onto targets is contingent upon the target remining in motion.
So here we go. 3 sweet new mechs, cannon included. We can ship these out fast, and it will give frustrated pilots a answer to the nightmare that is ..... the ecm raven.

Edited by SlXSlXSlX, 13 January 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Clearly off-topic!

#3 SlXSlXSlX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

What a spoil sport.. this took awhile.. and no one reads off-topic.

Lame.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Sorry! I appreciate the creativity aspect, but this definetly didn't belong into the general discussion.

#5 Even Dark

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

the answer of ecm raven is a

comando 2d 3 ssrm wich logged 1st the raven and shot 1st or

2 ecm ravens :rolleyes:

you really think the raven 3L is fine omg...

Edited by Even Dark, 13 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#6 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I still find the fact that ravens went from useless to op in a single patch as hilarious.

#7 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

View Postdal10, on 13 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I still find the fact that ravens went from useless to op in a single patch as hilarious.

they weren´t useless before, just not very different from jenners, i for my part prefered it over the jenner due to it´s more slender shape... the 3L is now a "true" scout, sneaky and hard to spot... the problem is still that it´s being abused for it´s "lagshield" and played by too many people who think they can "rule" with it...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 14 January 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#8 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 14 January 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

they weren´t useless before, just not very different from jenners, i for my part prefered it over the jenner due to it´s more slender shape... the 3L is now a "true" scout, sneaky and hard to spot... the problem is still that it´s being abused for it´s "lagshield" and played by too many people who think they can "rule" with it...

thats what ac/20 kitties and splatcats are for. you only need to land a single round and they are in trouble.

#9 Tasorin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 825 posts
  • LocationCartman 3050 HQ

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Put collision detection back and the problem is partially solved.

FIx the net code and hit detection and the majority of the remaining issue is solved.

#10 Glory in the Highest

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

What Raven problem?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users