Light 'mech Damage Calculations

No replies to this topic

#1 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

After playing for a while, I don't think it's correct to say lag shield as you can blast a light 'Mech standing still full force and not kill them, so I think PGI has coded some kind of damage reduction for lights in general. But, I had a bit of an idea I thought I'd share.

My idea is to calculate the damage reduction to a 'Mech to be based on their speed and tonnage.

Here's my calculation:
Damage Taken Reduction Percentage = 1+((Speed/15) * .1(110 - Tonnage))

The 1 and 110 are there so there is never a 0 in the calculation.

So, a 25 ton light that can do 150 KPH, the formula wouls look like this:
1+((150/15*.1(110-25))
1+((10*8.5))
1+85

So, in other words, the 25 ton 'Mech running 150 KPH would take 86% less damage. If they drop down to 40 KPH, they would only take ~24% less damage.

A 35 ton 'Mech running the at 150 KPH would take 76% less damage and ~20% less damage at 40 KPH.

This forumla only seems to work best for light 'Mechs because a 100 ton 'Mech doing 50 KPH would take just 4.3% less damage while a 60 ton 'Mech doing 60 KPH would take 22% less damage.

Of course, there needs to be a trade off on damage for utilizing such high speeds, so perhaps a calculation like this.
Damage Reduction Percentage = 1+((Speed*.25))

Once again a 1 is there so the calculation is never 0, for multiplication purposes.

So, a 'Mech moving at 150 KPH would deal ~38% less damage and dropping down to 40 KPH would just cause an 11% weapons damage reduction.

There's obviously more to consider than what I put up here, such as 2 'Mechs pursuing each other, but it's to get people thinking on ideas to address issues with light 'Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users