Kurita Mechs

42 replies to this topic

#21 Cerberus XIII

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Although I think it might be kinda cool to have each faction only use faction specific mechs, I think from a gameplay standpoint (specifically CW) it's probably best to allow all factions to use all mechs. Otherwise you would see ceratin factions greatly outnumber others more than they probably already will.

#22 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostCerberus XIII, on 20 January 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

Although I think it might be kinda cool to have each faction only use faction specific mechs, I think from a gameplay standpoint (specifically CW) it's probably best to allow all factions to use all mechs. Otherwise you would see ceratin factions greatly outnumber others more than they probably already will.

Every Davion would jump ship to Liao in an instant and we don't need those noobs. :)

#23 Typhus79

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Fireborn :

I'll play with some 4-5 friends now and it works better ... but most of them play only sometimes with me so i have to stick with one friend who likes the game as much as i do...
But its hard to get a crew of 8 People to play with ...
The last game we made on the week end ...was terrible...on assault mode most guys move their mechs in front and only i and my friend defended our own base.... and we always loose because we had no changes against 4-5 mechs coming at our base...

I know always stay at your teammates but they didn't even push their mechs to the enemy base to capture their Zone....
You have to be lucky to get into teams who knows how to play the game...

I stick with my Dragon right now... i'll love to play my Flame as a Grand Dragon... it's just my playstyle ... Jack of all trades...

#24 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

This is why it's best to join up with a larger group. Even if I knew 3,4, 5 people who might like the game, I wouldn't be able to count on them always being on when I am. This is how you consistently have teammates there. Even if you are on the public TS servers, it's a start.

As far as tactics go, splitting your team to leave one or two back to defend your base will almost always give the enemy a numbers advantage somewhere on the map, whether it's you two back at base, or it's the remainder of your team who run into the enemy without you. If your team spotted and scouted properly, you could counter the enemy's move. Even if you aren't on TS, try to type some messages to them.

-k

#25 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Base defense is for lights or fast mediums if the enemy heavy and assault Mechs are engaged with your squad. Automatically sitting back on base defense leaves your fellow teammates open to a swarm, as at least 2 of the available Mechs are sitting on base and not adding damage. I would advise not playing base defense from the start, unless you've communicated with all your team and the whole team is using a layered defense strategy.

#26 Typhus79

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Yeah...but i'am as fast as any medium and ligth mech ...104 kph...is good for a dragon xl360 + tweak Perk...i'll love it.
Sure i will go more often with the team ...it's just my friend tend to have a slow missleboat cat...and he get often in trouble if i don't stay back with him as well...but he just bought himself a new Mech an now we move with the team to face our enemy ....

For the Dragon and the Draconis Combine...

I'll just started to get my other Dragons some Good Weapon Combis...and Just need another XL300 Engine to fit in my two loadouts.Man another 4,5 Million for that Engine but i think it is worth to have another ...i can switch the engines so maybe i sell some standard Engines... I switch between my Flame and 1N (XL360) and for the 1C and 5N (XL300) maybe a bit slower but i can't fit in a better Engine for their loadouts.

#27 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

My hangar (apart from the 4 founders mechs which I hardly ever use) consists of:

SDR-5V Spider (maxed Jump Jets, Endo Steel, 2 Medium Pulse Lasers and more armor)

STK-3F Stalker (stock weapons loadout, Endo Steel, Double HS, AMS, maxed Armor, 290 engine for 54 kph max speed)

AWS-8T Awesome (2 LRM 20, extra LRM ammo, TAG, 4 Medium Lasers, ARC-2R Archer armor values. Basically my substitute for a proper Archer)

CTF-1X Cataphract (stock. Don't use it much)

DRG-1N Dragon (stock. Just started using it since I need 3 dragons for the next pilot skill tier)

Flame (Configured to be as close to a Grand Dragon as I could get it.)

As far as certain mechs being available only to certain factions, well, that won't work at the moment. We'd need practically every mech from the TRs available in this time period to be in the game for that. At that point each faction would have such a wide selection of available mechs that not being able to get certain faction specific machines would not be a problem. Right now there just aren't enough designs in the game for this.

I'd love to see that added sooner or later though. It'd bring more flavor to the CW when we get that.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 26 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#28 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

While it might be more accurate to the battletech canon and lore, limiting factions to certain mechs is not feasible in this game, as players will want complete access and in many cases have already invested a good amount of real money in the form of MC on mechs and hero mechs. At most, if they do decide to include something like this, it will be within the economy in the form of price cuts or bonuses for faction specific mechs.

-k

#29 xhrit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 976 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation Zone

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostCerberus XIII, on 20 January 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

I think rather then force players to use faction only mechs, they will give players the choice to use default faction mechs. There is space for a Faction Mechs tab under Trial mechs and Owned Mechs in the mech bay...

#30 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

So faction mechs will be like trial mechs but additional mechs available to you as a member of a certain faction? Perhaps these will eventually replace the trial mechs, whereby players will have access to more "trial" like mechs, but these would still have the same limitations as trials.

-k

#31 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Era Report 3052 has "random assignment tables" which basically reflect what you could expect when you run into a Kurita BattleMech unit. Sadly, most of the chassis are not available in MWO, but for those there are, this is what the book says:

Light
Jenner JR7-D (20%)
Spider SDR-7M (20%)
Commando COM-2D (10%)
Jenner JR7-K, JR7-C (10%)
Spider SDR-5K, SDR-5V (10%)

Medium
Hunchback HBK-4G (10%)

Heavy
Grand Dragon DRG-5K, DRG-1G, DRG-C (20%)
Dragon DRG-1G, DRG-5N (10%)
JagerMech JM6-D, JM6-DD (10%)

Assault
Atlas AS7-D, AS7-K (10%)

The percentages reflect the d10 a player would roll on the table to determine the 'Mech type; BattleMechs with a 20% chance show up twice in the book's list to reflect greater distribution/popularity within the DCMS.
Also note that not all of the variants are available in MWO, but the chassis are, so perhaps you can build something close to it.

That being said, I agree with the other players about how this list might be too limiting, and how other 'Mechs could show up in the DCMS as well - they would simply not be regarded as "standard". For example, back when I still planned on piloting a Raven some day (back before it actually became available, at which point I had already fallen in love with the Jenner), I considered a backstory on how that 'Mech may have come into the Combine either by a technology transfer between Liao and Kurita or how it may have been captured by Davion forces during a raid and then captured again by the DCMS on a different world as battle salvage, basically being a 3rd hand 'Mech. Other 'Mechs could simply be so old that they are not common anymore, but your family still owns one, or you have been granted a leftover by the Bureau of Substitution.

In the end, each BattleMech - regardless of how common it is in the Combine of this era - has a story to tell, especially given that many of them are far older than the pilots who own them. Part of this story will invariably be how they ended up in your hands. ;)

... and now I think I should actually write some background for my 'Mech. Hmmh ...

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 13 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#32 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

there are a number of ravens in the combine, the capellans basically paid the Draconian loan back in them. most of our assault mechs are marik designs however, with a couple DC ones, as our only assault factory at this time was based on St. Ives, and it produced Victors.

Edited by dal10, 13 February 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#33 Typhus79

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

But we will get you Victors Factory sooner or later....then it's a Draco Mech :lol:

#34 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I've pulled this data straight out of Combat Operations. It lists all mech variants available to each house as of 3050. I've trimmed the list to encompass all mechs currently available or planned for MWO. Generic IS mechs are white, Kurita specific (not necessarily unique) are red.

What I love about Kurita mechs is the crazy variants like CPLT-K2 and TBT-7K, which are basically 'lets take a LRM boat, and stick PPCs on it!' :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by Jungle Rhino, 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#35 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Please give us the Mauler soon. According to Sarna, it should be available for 3050. If this comes out, I will immediately buy all 3 even if I don't have enough Cbills for them.

-k

#36 Godfodder

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostJungle Rhino, on 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

I've pulled this data straight out of Combat Operations. It lists all mech variants available to each house as of 3050. I've trimmed the list to encompass all mechs currently available or planned for MWO. Generic IS mechs are white, Kurita specific (not necessarily unique) are red.

What I love about Kurita mechs is the crazy variants like CPLT-K2 and TBT-7K, which are basically 'lets take a LRM boat, and stick PPCs on it!' ;)

Posted Image

I find it incredibly disappointing that some Steiner bloke was the only one to really address the question with decent data and without Googling Sarna like mad.

That said, thank you...that answered a lot of questions I had as I read this thread...

HONOR TO THE DRAGON
(and a wee little bit to the Steiner dude that answered a question I myself had been meaning to ask ;)

#37 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

That would be some Davion dude...

#38 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Pfshhh, just because I did not present any fancy charts. ;)

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 20 February 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#39 Godfodder

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 20 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

That would be some Davion dude...

Sorry, they all look the same when their cockpit is 'sploded ;)

#40 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

lol I am strongly considering switching allegiance - going to buy myself a K2 when I get home. Depends if I can figure out how the heck to drive a Dragon :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users