#1 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Hello everyone,

yes we have already different kind of maps and imho they are all amazing and all have different advantages or disadvantages.

We have:

City fights
Nights fights
Cold fights
and
Hot fights
Open area fights
Fights with some obstacales

and so on...

Anyway I thought about a map where all advantages for the other maps are useless. At the maps we have right now most are equipped at least with one long range weapon or one which could be used at semi range. (As long as we haven't a boat build :D )

We all know that once there will be the possibilty that we could destroy trees and stuff like that. So my idea is that as in several novels of the battletech universe we could see a match at a forrest map. Not like forrest colony but really a forrest map where we could find big trees like a big sequoia and other trees and you really can't see much of the map because the is only forrest as far as you could see.

So there might be different ways and tactics at this kind of maps.

1.) use your scout mechs with jump jets to jump on one of these sequoias and see where the enemy might be (it has to be lights because otherwise the tree would fall down, if that is possible to program)

2.) clear an area so that you could get enough open space to use your weapons effectiv (arty and airstrikes may help here too ) especially if you are using lrm's

3.) if trees could burn flamers could be here a very effectiv weapon. e.g. to burn down the trees or to ignite them and let there be much more heat so that every mech at that position is getting heat problems.

Yes I know. If such a map would be developed it would be more a brawler map because you would have to get very close to the enemy to have a LOS to him and shoot him (not like on alpine or the newest desert map where there is alot of open space ).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users