9 replies to this topic

#1 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

A few months back, I heard the terrible sounds of ammo explosions all too frequently. I would get one at least once in every 25 matches. However, for the last 2 months, I can't remember hearing a single ammo explosion.

Pilots who have been playing a while will know the SFX I'm talking about. It sounds like a sizzling/popping noise that goes for 10-15 seconds as your ammo slowly bruns you alive. I know that this is how the ammo explosion USED to work, but does it still do this?

I liked the slow burn because I at least knew when I was killed my an ammo explosion and not just some lucky (uber powerful) shot.

TL:DR = Do ammo explosions still make the sizzle/popping noise and burn slowly (over 10 seconds), or is it now instantaneous?

#2 Thomas Dziegielewski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - CERES METALS, AAlcadis Revised Underground Complex, B5

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

They are suppose to yes. And if you have a CASE on they a muffled a but. But honestly very hard to hear if you are firing anything around the same time. We will have a visual warning soon stating that you have a ammo explosion in progress on your mech.

#3 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

The SFX design in the game is so nice you guys should consider raising the volume on some of the sounds so they dont go under so easy.

I really love the torso twist sound but if i raise the volume toa level where i can actually hear it any combat will alarm the police...

#4 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostThomas Dziegielewski, on 18 January 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

They are suppose to yes. And if you have a CASE on they a muffled a but. But honestly very hard to hear if you are firing anything around the same time. We will have a visual warning soon stating that you have a ammo explosion in progress on your mech.

Posted Image

#5 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Funny, I posted the same thing on the first of January. You just can't hear the cook-off sound anymore.

I think the sound of an ammo explosion should be raised. Most times that I get an ammo hit the only way I can tell for sure is that there is a delay, and then the component blows off.

#6 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'd like to see a different external look for ammo explosions too. It would be very gratifying to see a fireball burst out the side of a mech. As it stands, it is are to tell what happened sometimes. Did I blow an arm off? Did I break something? Did the whole side go up in ammo explosion? The dark smoke explosion effect is cool, but I'd like more, please.

MOAR.
Please?

#7 bug3at3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 18 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'd like to see a different external look for ammo explosions too. It would be very gratifying to see a fireball burst out the side of a mech. As it stands, it is are to tell what happened sometimes. Did I blow an arm off? Did I break something? Did the whole side go up in ammo explosion? The dark smoke explosion effect is cool, but I'd like more, please.

MOAR.
Please?

I like this, different animations for different types of ammo. Would be kinda cool for an LRM cook off to be a fireworks show.

#8 GoldenArbiter

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

View Postbug3at3r, on 18 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I like this, different animations for different types of ammo. Would be kinda cool for an LRM cook off to be a fireworks show.

And! And for the missiles to potentially fire off, going forward on a random vector, potentially doing more damage to you, or damage to an an enemy mech... As much as I know the devs will say no to that, I still think it would be incredibly awesome.

#9 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

ammo explosions have been broken since october. no fx, and i have never seen my missile ammo explode.

plus it is no longer a damage over time thing. it happens instantly with no effects. ammo explosions have regressed to june/july of last year

#10 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

i never heard the sound you´re speaking of, guess ammo explosions are bugged out since open beta (when I started MWO) as the post above me suggests.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users