#1 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Sorry, had to laugh a bit at this.

Maybe it will be something awesome, but if it's like the rest of the commandos, I think it will be pretty underwhelming for most pilots.

They needed a hero Cicada!

#2 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hey light mechs need some love to :P. I am personally still a fan of heavies, but hey...why not give them a nice special paintjob and such.

Edited by Nakamura Takeshi, 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#3 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

It seems obvious they'd go after either lights or assaults. And frankly making a jenner or raven hero mech would produce so many tears their offices would flood.

#4 DD Hawks

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I vote for the Cicada. Preferred with missile hard points.

Maybe they will have a hero mech to go with the Flea.....

#5 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Love it.

#6 0Life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Link to where you got the information about a Hero Commando?

IMO, they need to name it the Troll, and give it a fugly custom paint job.

#7 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Maybe they can have a spider hero mech with 6 ballistic hardpoints. 1 in the head, one in the CT, and 2 in each leg? Sounds perfect!

#8 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ath%27s%20knell

also on the frontpage as a teaser

#9 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Looks like its going to have 4 medium lasers from the picture... not a bad weapons loadout for a 20 ton mech, but not even comparable to some of the other variants.

#10 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

It has pretty descent hard points of 4x lasers, for a Commando. However the Jenner-F will outclass it. I don't get it.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#11 akirhol

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostUrsh, on 15 January 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

...but if it's like the rest of the commandos...

I dunno, I'm pretty happy with my COM-2D. It remains my favorite mech so far, but to be fair I have not yet purchased a RVN-3L. I went from 0.3 KDR with trial mechs to 1+ KDR entirely with the Commando variants.

#12 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yeah the 4 Med lasers seem awesome and I love commando's but the point of commandos are the missile slots.

I don't see any CT launchers in that picture on the mainpage

So unless it's able to fit a ECM or x2 AMS I am not seeing a whole lot of point to the build.

But then again for all we know it could have x8 energy hardpoints, x4 in each arm.

or this, how cool would x9 energy hard points be on a mech.

Blazing Inferno - As of 3028, the techs on Chara III used this designation for a frequent field modification of the COM-2D that exchanges both missile launchers for three additional medium lasers built into the right arm, right torso and head respectively, six small lasersmounted in pairs on each leg and the center torso, and an additional ton of armor (+3 to each leg, +2 to the head, center torso and both torso sides, and +1 to each arm).
The canonicity of this variant is questionable because its only source is BattleTech: The Crescent Hawks' Inception, a computer game.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 15 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#13 F1restarter

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 15 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Yeah the 4 Med lasers seem awesome and I love commando's but the point of commandos are the missile slots.

I don't see any CT launchers in that picture on the mainpage

So unless it's able to fit a ECM or x2 AMS I am not seeing a whole lot of point to the build.

But then again for all we know it could have x8 energy hardpoints, x4 in each arm.

or this, how cool would x9 energy hard points be on a mech.

Already have 9x energy hardpoints on a mech - it's called a Hunchback. I wouldn't understand the necessity to put 9 energy slots on a commando - they weigh what? 20-25 tons? So even if you went with SmL, you'd still be packing almost 25%of your entire mech weight in lasers, without an engine, armor, electronics package and heat sinks. No thanks.

#14 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostUrsh, on 15 January 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Sorry, had to laugh a bit at this.

Maybe it will be something awesome, but if it's like the rest of the commandos, I think it will be pretty underwhelming for most pilots.

They needed a hero Cicada!

Mediums and Heavies already got their Hero mechs (heck, Heavies have 2). It's about time for a Light and Assult Hero mech. Don't knock it till trying it. Friggin nay-sayer

#15 DD Hawks

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I am reminded of the commando from Battletech: Crescent Hawk's Inception:

http://www.sarna.net...ks%27_Inception

"
  • Commando
    • First modification (13,800 C-Bills): SRM-4 (and ammunition) exchanged for one medium laser in the right arm and one in the right torso, and a ton of armor (+3 to both legs, +2 to head, center torso and both torso sides, +1 to both arms)
    • Second modification (17,600 C-Bills): SRM-6 (and ammunition) exchanged for a medium laser in the head and a pair of small lasers mounted on both legs and the center torso for a total of six. This upgrade is referred to as the "Blazing Inferno" variant.
"

#16 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Like the looks of it, need a light hero mech. Be keen to see a hero Cicada or Hunchie though!

#17 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hero Jenner.

Yes, I have a founder's Jenner, but still want a hero with a badass paint scheme.

I also want more canon hero mechs. ;)

However, four mlas mounted in the arms would be a pretty nasty brawler, although 90% of the time I use my JR-7 F this is one hero I might spring for.

#18 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postakirhol, on 15 January 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

I dunno, I'm pretty happy with my COM-2D. It remains my favorite mech so far, but to be fair I have not yet purchased a RVN-3L. I went from 0.3 KDR with trial mechs to 1+ KDR entirely with the Commando variants.

Thats outstanding, could you let me know which playstyle / loadouts u use? I love the commando back from mw2mercs but still I have not used it often because it looked like a bad choice to take it to team battles.

#19 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Im ready to buy it instantly, hurry up and bring it out.

#20 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostDD Hawks, on 15 January 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

I am reminded of the commando from Battletech: Crescent Hawk's Inception:

http://www.sarna.net...ks%27_Inception

"
  • Commando
    • First modification (13,800 C-Bills): SRM-4 (and ammunition) exchanged for one medium laser in the right arm and one in the right torso, and a ton of armor (+3 to both legs, +2 to head, center torso and both torso sides, +1 to both arms)

The 3025 technical read out in the variant section mentions trading the SRM4 and its ammo for two medium lasers and a ton of armor is a common modification of the commando 2D.

View Postgrayson marik, on 15 January 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Thats outstanding, could you let me know which playstyle / loadouts u use? I love the commando back from mw2mercs but still I have not used it often because it looked like a bad choice to take it to team battles.

Dude it's a commando 2D. He has 3 streaks with at least two tons of ammo, and ECM. He might have a medium laser or TAG in the left arm. A 200-210 XL engine for speed, with double heat sinks, and endo steel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users