13 replies to this topic

#1 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Well i have beta tested this game for some time, sent in my bug reports and other statistical information and tried to break the game as you do in beta.

I have to say if our efforts as beta tester is reflected by the effort put into the patches then im afraid to say that we as beta testers must be doing a realy bad job, we are reporting bugs in the game, and they are still there so much so that they are becoming a feature of the game now, and more bugs are still turning up. I'm fed up of mentioning about the netcode so i'll not bother as that is like flogging a dead horse. Apparently the netcode is going to be fixed in little stages, well it could be too little too late as from the forums i get the feel that people have had enough of being told one thing and given something else, or the same reply to bug reports, "we are aware of the problem" i bet you are, but are you aware that the game is eating its way through the gaming community, it wont be long before there are not enough players actually playing the game to keep it a financially viable game for an ftp.

For me its time to find something else to play, i'm gonna come back and check the status of the game but at the moment i feel as though i have wasted time and money, i get the feeling that effort in reporting bugs has just been for show, and the main concern was to get stuff out into the game for people to buy, where as if as much effort went into fixing the bugs that were reported then maybe just maybe this game would indeed be worth the time investment it takes to play.

Maybe the Dev's could use some of the tactics on the battle field, Direction, Focus work as a team because as it stands the only team that is showing commitment to the game is the financial team, the game progression is extremely slow as far as patches are concerned.

#2 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Its interesting that your entire post is in contrast to your signature. I do understand where the post is coming from and cross fingers we're all still here when (if) you get back to find the game you want.

Edited by Exoth3rmic, 17 January 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#3 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

View PostExoth3rmic, on 17 January 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Its interesting that your entire post is in contrast to your signature.

lol how is it in contrast, all i have done is accept the fact that the reports i have sent in regarding the bugs of the game have not been fixed, so im accepting the things i cant change regardless of being led to believe otherwise.

i used the courage to tell people who have a far greater intelligence than myself for programming that there is a problem with the game

I have just gained the wisdom to know that regardless of the courage it takes to tell someone that all their hard work is still broken and being led to believe that our efforts in reporting bugs will actually be adhered to.

I havent been knocked down, so there is no need for me to stand back up, i'm taking a side step before the final blow is delivered.
"Error with network"

#4 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Mh i would like to know what bugs you did report and which are still in the game and didn´t get adressed by the dev´s ^^

#5 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hehe, ok that's one view of it and as its your signature I will defer to your view.

#6 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

I walked in thinking it would be some witty topic but... I can't do threads like this so...

Lyn-wagon Serenely Skedaddles

#7 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

this is fine - the devs have actively stated that they expect people to take a break from time to time, check back later!
(I'm just downloading hitman absolution so I'll be playing that over the next couple of weeks - except to take advantage of the XP weekend)

#8 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Its all good we all have different views and opinions, besides i like this game alot, and seeing something you like and willing to spend time that cant be replaced, suffer as much as MWO is suffering at the moment.

Its back is broken (net-code) so really that should take priority over everything else.......period......

#9 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostSiorAlpin Wolf, on 17 January 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Its all good we all have different views and opinions, besides i like this game alot, and seeing something you like and willing to spend time that cant be replaced, suffer as much as MWO is suffering at the moment.

Its back is broken (net-code) so really that should take priority over everything else.......period......

So you did miss it what they did write about it ?

The only reason why i blame PGI is the netcode.. and the last response let me calm down a bit ^^

#10 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostSiorAlpin Wolf, on 17 January 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

I think everyone as well as PGI agrees that the netcode is a priority and necessary as a foundation / back bone of the game. Halting all other development though would mean stagnation. The thing is everyone wants the netcode to be fixed but at the same time, everyone wants to see progress.

#11 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostTaizan, on 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

I think everyone as well as PGI agrees that the netcode is a priority and necessary as a foundation / back bone of the game. Halting all other development though would mean stagnation. The thing is everyone wants the netcode to be fixed but at the same time, everyone wants to see progress.

i do believe that fixing the netcode is a big step in progression, by fixing this then we will see alot less bugs and the implementation of other mechs and modules oh and content would and should be a relatively smooth process where a little tweak here and there should sort out any minor discrepancies, balancing the game will always be an issue and an ongoing thread in the forums.

#12 Tarman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostSiorAlpin Wolf, on 17 January 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

lol how is it in contrast, all i have done is accept the fact that the reports i have sent in regarding the bugs of the game have not been fixed, so im accepting the things i cant change regardless of being led to believe otherwise.

i used the courage to tell people who have a far greater intelligence than myself for programming that there is a problem with the game

I have just gained the wisdom to know that regardless of the courage it takes to tell someone that all their hard work is still broken and being led to believe that our efforts in reporting bugs will actually be adhered to.

I havent been knocked down, so there is no need for me to stand back up, i'm taking a side step before the final blow is delivered.
"Error with network"

You can't be knocked down, collisions are still not re-implemented.

#13 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostTaizan, on 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Making Alex, aka the artguy, work on netcode instead of drawing mechs wouldn't speed up the process, either. Neither would putting Garth on a computer and asking him to solve the rubberbanding.

There are dedicated network guys, as well as other teams. I think we're at maximum speed, and if there was anything they could do to boost the netcode solution, they would

#14 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 17 January 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

Making Alex, aka the artguy, work on netcode instead of drawing mechs wouldn't speed up the process, either. Neither would putting Garth on a computer and asking him to solve the rubberbanding.

There are dedicated network guys, as well as other teams. I think we're at maximum speed, and if there was anything they could do to boost the netcode solution, they would

the good news is that the "network programmer" position(s) advert has been taken off the PGI website
the bad news is that the "lead network programmer" position is still advertised

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users