Game Progression

5 replies to this topic

#1 Spark03

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Is there a page that tells what the game actually is and how it progresses?

What do I get for the free to play version?

Is there a game to actually buy?

Can I get a new mech without paying real money?

When is the real game coming out?

It seems that the main page tells nothing about the details of how to buy and progress through the game.

#2 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostSpark03, on 15 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Is there a page that tells what the game actually is and how it progresses?

What do I get for the free to play version?

Is there a game to actually buy?

Can I get a new mech without paying real money?

When is the real game coming out?

It seems that the main page tells nothing about the details of how to buy and progress through the game.

progression = pilot lab

for the free version= everything its a free to play game,
only thing you can not have for free is the hero mechs but they aren't better in any way to normal mechs, only the cBill boost they get.

no there isn't

yes grind cBills in trail mechs then when enough click own mech create new mech enjoy.

no date as of yet work and progress

#3 nungunz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Only thing you can't get for free are:
  • Extra Mech Bays
  • Hero Mechs
  • Premium Time
  • Most Paints/Patterns
  • Cosmetic Items
  • Converting XP to GXP
Of those 6 the only thing that is really, really useful is the Extra Mech Bays (which are cheap) and Premium Time (which isn't needed, but is nice to have).

#4 Indolo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Progression is earning XP which unlocks boosts (heat dissipation, twist range/speed, mech speed, etc) for each mech and unlocking modules.

With regard to buying your own mech, they recently added a cadet bonus to your first 25 matches that gives you a big cbill boost to start you off (7 or 8 million?). Helps you get your own custom mech quickly.

Agree that premium time is nice to have. Extra Mech bays are good too, because it's really inefficient selling off mechs to make room for new ones.

If you want an idea of gameplay, check youtube. Don't feel put off if you spend your first matches walking into things. It takes a couple matches to train your brain for the controls, then more to improve.

#5 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

You can pick up the game for free with access to four Trial mechs. You cannot customize a trial mech, but they rotate every couple weeks so that you can try different chassis. You'll get a "Cadet Bonus" in your first games, so soon you'll have about 8 million C-Bills. That's enough to afford just about any one mech you want, or a couple of the cheap ones. Once you buy your own mech, you can start customizing it. Though be careful, the "Upgrades" (Endo Steel, Ferro Armor, Artemis, Double Heat Sinks) and the Camo patterns and colors are all non-refundable. Equipment though is bought once and can be stripped and reused on a different mech or sold for a fraction of the buying price.

I recommend that you play through your Cadet Bonus, then buy a $15 package of MC. You don't need to spend that on mechs, but that way you'll have a little around for paints if you want them, or premium time if you want to try that out, or just mech bays. Premium time is great but it's not a requirement.

#6 Spark03

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks for the replies, they were all very helpful. I spent some time going through the website and there does not seem to be a coherent page that explains all of the information that everyone just posted; seems like there should/would be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users