founders packs - earn them

101 replies to this topic

#101 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Has anyone thought that the "founders" mech might be any of the conventional mechs they are supplying, but with a custom skin, or some other small perk?

That way you could have your mech of choice and it will have the distinction of being a "founders Mech"? I'd much prefer this to potentially getting a new/limited availability mech that I don't particularly care for.

#102 DeformedSlowest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 140 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostMadBoris, on 31 May 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

OH, I thought by the title of the topic you meant PGI should earn our money by first producing a worthy working game.

My bad.

Isn't that a little hypocritical? I mean you are playing for free and the Founder's Packages are really geared towards those who want to support PGI by giving them a little "walking money," or more motivation to actually create a good game. I mean who hasn't spent $60 or whatever currency you use to buy a game and found it "lacking?" The package description already describes what it provides and does not even specify that these Founder's Mechs will be overpowered in any way. To be more exact, the description says that those Mechs, if you bought the Elite Package, will provide you a "lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster." Furthermore it gives you a premium account free for two months that further boosts your XP and C-Bill earning potential. I say again, it gives you a premium acount for 2 months that boost XP and C-Bill earning potential. It does not say that the Mechs will have better weapons or have your character already learned all the skills for the Mech for the Eilte level.

If you do not continue with your premium account, you lose the XP earning booster and the additional C-Bill booster. However, and it's probably safe to say, anyone who has a premium account will have the XP and C-Bill booster that works on all Mechs, to include the additional life time C-Bill booster on the Founder's Mech with the Elite Package. Correlating the known information, if you have a premium account and an Elite Founder's Mech, you will definitely get an extra C-Bill booster modifier (C-Bill booster from premium account and C-Bill booster from Founder's Mech). That's the only real "advantage" to getting the Elite Founder's Package because anyone with the premium account will get the XP booster (most likely).

For those who want a "grind game," the Elite package with a regular subscription to the premium account will help you get the weapons and/or Mechs faster. Purest will say it's cheating because you earn C-Bills faster. However we don't what the percentage the C-Bill booster will be. It may be significant or it may just be a 5% C-Bill booster. It's speculation so far. Also others have complained about getting a free skinned Mech. So what? How does that affect the gameplay as it is a cosmetic imbalance that doesn't affect actual gameplay.

Those are my thoughts and I bet I'll get trolled.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users