• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostCypherHalo, on 16 January 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Fair criticism but I'm still not impressed by this game. I do think we could all tone down the negativity though.

That said, I hope in a few months this game will be all I think it can be, right now it's disappointing.

We don't have a game yet. We only have a combat mechanics system. I haven't completed a single mission that improves the status of Murphy's Law or the Lyran Alliance. All I have done is fight 2,000 battles for nothing but game data for the DEVs.

#22 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Thank you PGI for releasing another light mech! There are too many assaults on the field as it is. Now we just need more mediums. Numbers should look more like:
Assault: 4
Heavy: 6
Medium: 10
Light: 8

#23 CypherHalo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 16 January 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

We don't have a game yet. We only have a combat mechanics system. I haven't completed a single mission that improves the status of Murphy's Law or the Lyran Alliance. All I have done is fight 2,000 battles for nothing but game data for the DEVs.

Eh, what you just described is a game. I mean, many people buy Quake, Call of Duty, Halo, Hawken, Starcraft, etc etc etc to do just that. Play multi-player and fight other people all day long. Many completely ignore the storyline/campaign entirely, if the game even has one. It's a game bro. Like I said, some games don't even have a real story component and are only multiplayer, what, MAG was like that right? Planetside 2 has a very light story I believe but that is all it is, just people womping on each other. Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, I really could go on all day.

And honestly, this is exactly why myself and many others on the forums told them not to go open beta. This game wasn't ready for open beta. Maybe a few years ago people would have been more understanding but these days people expect a more "complete" game from open beta.

They didn't listen though, they have a habit of that. We told them to make the grind easier for new players, it took them months after going open beta to come out with cadet bonus. One could go on.

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

If you think this is a complete game... Gamers have been suckered into stupidity. I haven't done a mission in 7 months. Murphy's Law doesn't have a contract with a House Lord. We don't even fight over a given planet. You have low standards if you consider this a complete game!

#25 Gargel

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 16 January 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Exactly this ^

Its now making perfect sense to me, what better to test net code problems than a max speed spider that can jump a max distance of 125m, its better now than months down the road when they can say the net code is better then break it with the spider.

The Flea should hopefully run good when it finally comes around.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense :(

The rewritten netcode is not implemented yet, and they are surely not testing the unfinished netcode version on the live servers (where all these little spiders are). So they couldn't test the "lagginess" of light mechs/any mechs unless they do it internally. Sure, they get some log reports, but by your logic, no more (fast) lights will be introduced after the new netcode implementation since there is a risk of breaking the game. If they really wanted to test the new netcode with alot of lights, hero commando and spider would have been released in THAT patch.

What I mean is: Light mechs are not introduced to "stress test" a netcode version which will be discarded anyhow.

I'm sure the spider was just on the roadmap, they preferred light mechs over others, and now wer're here :)

#26 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

MWO is going by the Battletech timeline.

#27 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostVeeDog, on 16 January 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

MWO is going by the Battletech timeline.

I think that they should have started back a couple years.

I mean really, how are you going to simulate the end of the succession wars for what, a year at most, before the clans come into play and it all gets tossed due to the the Inner Sphere unifying.

Even then, I would love to hear what they have in store for Inner Sphere vs Clan and how exactly they plan to keep EVERYONE out of the clan mechs.

Because lets face it, at TT values the Clan mechs function something like 30 tons heavier than a comparable IS mech. You can't let them cross pollinate.

#28 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Even as a primarily light pilot, I don't care much for the Spider, or the Flea. The weight class the needs the most help are the mediums.

#29 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostSir Trent Howell, on 16 January 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Even as a primarily light pilot, I don't care much for the Spider, or the Flea. The weight class the needs the most help are the mediums.

There are supposed to be far more Mediums than any other chassis on the battlefield. Assaults should be the least.

Assaults: 4
Heavies: 6
Mediums: 10
Lights: 8

#30 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostSir Trent Howell, on 16 January 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

We started with two 50 tonners that are among the slowest in any of the TROs....and then got Cicada. For 2750 84kph was about average.

64kph is way to slow for this environemnt. If the groups weren't always HEAVY and I mean 3 assaults and 3 heavies heavy they would fare fine. Both Hunchie and Cent have solid loadouts against other mediums, and the lower heavies.

....we didn't get that though, we go top of class speed heavies and no real reason to use a medium.

#31 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Really need larger (Giant) maps for lights, battles. Its like these battles are in tiny rooms. One round today, off the start, enemy was able to fire PPCs from his spawn point. Left torso went red. Perfect shot to. I seen the fire come from their base.

#32 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm confused, the first 4 hero mechs weren't light mechs. Where logic?

Don't confuse their need to fix the lag shield with their regular release of new assets, it just makes you look like an asset minus et.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 16 January 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#33 seymourbalzac

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

Dude they released the spider because they have this order of Light->Medium->Heavy->Assault for releasing mechs and since it was an assault last time that means it was going to be a light this time, the next mech will be a medium and so on. As for the hero mech, they already have 3 hero heavies and 1 hero medium so it was either going to be a hero assault or a hero light for the next hero mech, anyone could have predicted that.

#34 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostVeeDog, on 16 January 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Really need larger (Giant) maps for lights, battles. Its like these battles are in tiny rooms. One round today, off the start, enemy was able to fire PPCs from his spawn point. Left torso went red. Perfect shot to. I seen the fire come from their base.

What map? No map has a clear shot from one spawn to the other. Further PPCs shot at that range will do crap for damage. I've been hit from teh opposite end of the forest colony map bay with PPCs and they did nothing to me.

#35 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

View Postseymourbalzac, on 16 January 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Dude they released the spider because they have this order of Light->Medium->Heavy->Assault for releasing mechs and since it was an assault last time that means it was going to be a light this time, the next mech will be a medium and so on. As for the hero mech, they already have 3 hero heavies and 1 hero medium so it was either going to be a hero assault or a hero light for the next hero mech, anyone could have predicted that.

This is one case where they should have broken convention. People are up in arms about speedball lagged out lights with ECM....so they release another one? Brilliant.

Even holding off and getting Trebuchet out would have been a better plan there.

......I guess people are going to get their lag shooting practice in, they are going to need it for a couple weeks.

#36 GreenNonic

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

i just wish this game wasnt so boring, and the fact that every single battle is one sided, eaither a total fail, or a total win, means there is huge balance problems

i have not run into a fun battle yet, or a challange even it's just ...everyone dies in 2 mins and you lose, or everyone doesnt, and you win, you just stand around, and whoever has more pilot exp stuff unlocked kills whoever has less i'm just starting again and i peek over a rise and mechs are pretty much right in front of me, but none of them show up on radar or even as targets , i move around, and use things for cover and all that nonsense but it doesnt matter if everyone dies in the first 2 mins and the enemy has lost none, skills are moot. i regret spending the money on a founders tag only because i cannot play this game the way it is, it's to boring ,PGI gives me a sad face

#37 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Get over yourself OP. The reason the Spider was released is because it's been on their set schedule on when mechs are released. Next month is the Trebuchet. If it was reversed, you'd only cry about it a month later.

#38 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

I agree that the choices they've made lately dont make ANY sense. Everything fell apart after closed beta.

#39 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostNoth, on 16 January 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

What map? No map has a clear shot from one spawn to the other. Further PPCs shot at that range will do crap for damage. I've been hit from teh opposite end of the forest colony map bay with PPCs and they did nothing to me.

Was in Forest colony. Just have to walk up under the Sat dish (if your in the spawn side). And fire your PPCs, or your lasers. Wait a few seconds more, then fire your LRMS. My left torso went red (full armor) from a few fast single shots of PPCs or ERPPCS. Was moving out of the spawn (with team) area heading towards tunnel. Starting to be a common spot (Area) to be hit from one side to the other.

Edited by VeeDog, 16 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#40 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Let's complain more about new content. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users