Give Me The Streak Cats Back !

53 replies to this topic

#21 Jumpinjack

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

as for streak they can lock onto ECk outside the 180 bubble, heavy/assult mechs neeed to for the lag lead on lights and use standard lasers and straif the legs. I have no problems with light mechs running an atlas

#22 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I am not that great at this game, but the constant Raven this and ECM that is silly. I kill lights just like other mechs, they are more annoying and I have to give them consideration in my weapons mix.

Do I have an ECM Atlas with 3 streaks? Yeppers, because it eats lights, would I rather have LRMS? Sure, but that is adjusting to the combat.

Do I use tag on my CPLT-C1? On Constantly? Yeppers, because it lets me spot, target and hit ECM protected mechs from range. Do I hate lights that are smart enough to hunt Cats? Sure, which is why I play it smart, move between sets of volleys, and engage the lights who come back effectively while pulling them to the center mass of my team.

Is it a hassle to hunt ravens in a Commando (2D or otherwise?) Yeah, it sucks, but it can be done. Try to play the game as it is without expecting change.

#23 Horned Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostElkarlo, on 16 January 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

Korm i never piloted a Streakcat, or mostly not when piloting an A1 with 2LRM15 and 4SSRM counts as Streakcat.

I just drove it till... Basic reached then i sold it... 4 Days before ECM hit the Shelfes. I like Laserwork more.

And as i said, the Streakcat is Weak compared to a real brawler... only advantage was Darkscreen and Screenshake... and that you didn't have to be 100% on the target.

Streakcat's advantages:

1. jumpjets (old, no longer valid)
2. best torso twist in the game
3. ability to kill mediums/light in 2-3 salvos
4. no need to aim, just push one button to win

it was insanely overpowered build, and now thanks to ECM it's much more balanced

#24 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

They don't kill medium in 2 or 3 salvo. I fought one in my Hunchback 4sp. It can hit all it wants while I cut the leg :). Streaks no longer homing on to center torso only.

Edited by Sheraf, 16 January 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#25 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

I have no sympathy for streakcats.

#26 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Look it this way: Streak Cats with Lockability on a ECM Raven will kill him...

You can kill a Streakcat easily at 300 Meters with Lasers, AC and LRM fire...

#27 BlackMagicOperator

Clone

• 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostKorm, on 16 January 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

3. ability to kill mediums/light in 2-3 salvos

Learn2build.

Any mech that couldn't take 5+ hits from a streakcat was badly built or badly piloted.

#28 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Thats kinda of natural selection. Some stupid whiners cried so hard.. Dev's had no other chance than killing the SSRM-Cat. Now you've got 66-Cats = Natural Selection > Whiners still get obliterated..
Same with the Gaussapult > Whiners cried so damn hard > Now there are AC/20-Cats > Natural Selection = Whiners getting obliterated even more.

Thats how it works. :)

Next thing that will be killed might be the Raven-3L+ECM+SSRM (hopefully all SSRM+ECM-Variants), be sure there will be something more horrible to replace it.. Whiners ask for, whiners get what they want :(

@OP:
This post actualy doesn't adress you, but someone with an IQ high enough to know that ice smelts on caustic will understand this( so, 5% of the users around here).

#29 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

If you a Medium, don't really expect to go 1 vs 1 with a Heavy. It is not impossible, but why don't you just hug your Assault mech and support it?

#30 w0rm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostKorm, on 16 January 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

poor streakcat pilots, they can't push one button to win anymore...

Strange my SRMCat now oneshots Atlas' from behind.

#31 vilezoidberg

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

I don't know if my Jenner D counts as a streak cat (2 streaks), but I've never gotten anywhere near to killing another mech with only a few volleys, besides maybe a Spider. It doesn't do focus fire on limbs too well. Which is perfect fine by me, since I usually just scout/tag, shoot my load a couple of times, then **** before I get smooshed.

#32 Horned Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostBlackMagicOperator, on 16 January 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Learn2build.

Any mech that couldn't take 5+ hits from a streakcat was badly built or badly piloted.

A jenner that had bad luck to run into a streakcat. Sure he has a chance (with a bit of luck) to survive with red structure components. Streakcats before ECM were completely broken. I hope you enjoy ravens on your butt.

Also have fun with running with anything other than light from a streakcat, especially as cat chassis is perfect (joke-sized side torsos) to mount huge XL engine.

Also if a streakcat pilot is unable to kill anything lighter than heavy mech with 5 salovs then even with autoaim its pilot is terribad.

Edited by Korm, 16 January 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#33 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostKorm, on 16 January 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

A jenner that had bad luck to run into a streakcat. Sure he has a chance (with a bit of luck) to survive with red structure components. Streakcats before ECM were completely broken. I hope you enjoy ravens on your butt.

Also have fun with running with anything other than light from a streakcat, especially as cat chassis is perfect (joke-sized side torsos) to mount huge XL engine.

I don't run from Streakcat in my Catapult C1. I fight them, and sometimes I win :), but that is only if I was careless enough to run into one. When the streakcat decide to run away from me, I shoot my LRM, and bam it dies.

Edited by Sheraf, 16 January 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#34 Horned Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostSheraf, on 16 January 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

I don't run from Streakcat in my Catapult C1. I fight them, and sometimes I win :), but that is only if I was careless enough to run into one. When the streakcat decide to run away from me, I shoot my LRM, and bam it dies.

Now you made me wonder, why in hell a perfect brawler build like a streakcat would run away from a lrm boat.

#35 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostKorm, on 16 January 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Now you made me wonder, why in hell a perfect brawler build like a streakcat would run away from a lrm boat.

LRM boat with 2 large laser and 2 medium laser, at 72 kph? Maybe

#36 Horned Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostSheraf, on 16 January 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

LRM boat with 2 large laser and 2 medium laser, at 72 kph? Maybe

With circestrafing (and better heat efficiency) a streakcat should be able to dish out (technically speaking) bigger damage output on the close range. If you are able to finish them off then good for you I guess.

#37 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Their damage before the nerf to streaks, I won't make it, but streaks they spread out to arms and legs now, so it is possible to fight them at close range. Only as last resort though, as I don't really want to run into them. Given choice, I would still fight them instead of the Raven 3L :)

Edited by Sheraf, 16 January 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#38 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostElkarlo, on 16 January 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

• My LRM's can't fire at the charging Atlas D-DC because i have an ECM Raven in my Back

A charging D-DC has ECM, so unless he is countered, you aren't going to be firing LRMs at him anyway (except in dumb-fire mode).

#39 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostKorm, on 16 January 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

it was insanely overpowered build, and now thanks to ECM it's much more balanced

I have no love for the streakcat, but it was only over-powered because of the claustrophobic sized maps and the mechanics of the missiles that allows them to home in with too much agility.

#40 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostJacmac, on 16 January 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

I have no love for the streakcat, but it was only over-powered because of the claustrophobic sized maps and the mechanics of the missiles that allows them to home in with too much agility.

I hope the scout actually do their job of spotting enemies, so the rest of the team don't just wander into one.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users