51 replies to this topic

#41 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I really feel sorry for the poor founders which have been lied and taken advantage of */sarcasm*

Founders received the absolute best bang/buck and they got exactly what they were promised. I only wish I was around when the founders program was offered (I was actually here before, but I thought development would take way longer so when I checked back the program was over). If they offered a founders package again right now I would buy it without hesitation.

Not only do you get up to 4 unique mechs but you also get more MC value than what you paid for plus some nice recognition on the forums and in game for being a founder. It's like buying MC on a sale and them throwing in not only free mechs and mech bays (which I didn't get with my Hero) but some recognition perks as well like early access and founders tags.

I've purchased $65 worth of MC so far and didn't get nearly the value that any founders did for the money. I can't change the camo on my hero mech either, and I had to buy a mech bay for the darn thing too. At the end of the day if they came out with the next hero mech and it had a 35% bonus and they were charging even more for it I really wouldn't care because I purchased my Hero mech knowing what it had to offer and it won't diminish that purchase if/when the next best thing arrives.

Welcome to life founders. There will be a new and improved iphone released next year, there will be a faster processor to come out, that does not mean they are slighting their earlier customers. Heck the way PGI did it they basically gave you a smoking price on an iphone 4 with extra apple coupon (MC) to put towards the next iphone or whatever accessories you want to spend it on at your discretion.

So stow your sense of entitlement and take a good long look at the situation and realize... this is business and no one is attempting to slight their early customers in any way.

OR Feel free to ignore the me and continue your founder pity party.

P.S. I'm not angry in any way shape or form and I also know this is just the whining of a select few founders. I don't mean for the post to come off as harsh, but I just imagine if my children were showing such a sense of entitlement and that's where my tone is coming from. I honestly hope the founders in this thread can take a moment to re-evaluate and realize they received an excellent value that many of us would be happy to have received as well.

#42 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

I'm perfectly satisfied with my founders package and I'm perfectly happy with the hero mech situation. I don't feel entitled to anything more than I got. I got exactly what I was told I would get and it cost me exactly what I was told it would cost.

#43 Rasputyn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEngland, South Coast

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostJasen, on 16 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Side issue... I always felt a little shafted that the Hero mechs have better bonuses than the founders...

Thought we were getting something special by buying in early...

agreed and without an ecm support, they are kind of becoming obselete,,,,,,,,,,,,,
jenner Vs ecm with strk's danger Will Robinson (prior to ecm and then the RVN STRK revolution my favorite mech 500 dmg on avg)
Hunchy is about the only one that matches up in its class (for me)
Catapult is fine as long as someone on your team who is sensible and helpfull (rarer than not)
Atlas = completely outshined and rendered obsolete by ATS D DC
thats not really fair at lest make us work and give us 30% too

#44 Rasputyn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEngland, South Coast

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

[color=#959595]"I got exactly what I was told I would get and it cost me exactly what I was told it would cost. "[/color]

[color=#959595]agreed though, but a few upgrades as the game itself does couldnt hurt......[/color]

#45 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostWizard Steve, on 16 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I never get to see the CBill bonus and I have all four.

Have to admit I've never used my 4 founder mechs..... not that I'm complaining as wanted to help them fund the game.

Edited by Remarius, 18 January 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#46 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

+25% c-bills. All founder mechs have this bonus.

#47 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostGrimlox, on 17 January 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

P.S. I'm not angry in any way shape or form and I also know this is just the whining of a select few founders. I don't mean for the post to come off as harsh, but I just imagine if my children were showing such a sense of entitlement and that's where my tone is coming from. I honestly hope the founders in this thread can take a moment to re-evaluate and realize they received an excellent value that many of us would be happy to have received as well.
Nope. Sometimes harsh is exactly what needs to happen. I have not once complained about what I got as a founder. I don't want more than I paid for originally. It's like buying an iPod/iPad. You know in 6-8 weeks there will be a bigger and better one hitting the market. So be happy with what you got or wait for something equal or better to come along.

#48 Elandyll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Founders' tears are pretty funny.

The term "Founder" means that you helped get the game made.

As a -Token- of appreciation, you got free MC, Free Mechs with C-Bill bonuses, a special tag on forums and in game scoreboards, etc. as well as an early guaranteed access to Closed Beta.

You did NOT buy those things, they were given to you as a "thank you" for your contribution.

Yeesh.

#49 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostElandyll, on 18 January 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

You did NOT buy those things, they were given to you as a "thank you" for your contribution.

Correction: YOU didn't buy it. I did.

#50 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Welcome to life founders. There will be a new and improved iphone released next year, there will be a faster processor to come out, that does not mean they are slighting their earlier customers. Heck the way PGI did it they basically gave you a smoking price on an iphone 4 with extra apple coupon (MC) to put towards the next iphone or whatever accessories you want to spend it on at your discretion.

Now I know why everyone is so pissed. All us Founders members got duped into buying a POS iphone in the first place. At least I have my reliable Thunderbolt :P

#51 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I really feel sorry for the poor founders which have been lied and taken advantage of */sarcasm*

Founders received the absolute best bang/buck and they got exactly what they were promised. I only wish I was around when the founders program was offered (I was actually here before, but I thought development would take way longer so when I checked back the program was over). If they offered a founders package again right now I would buy it without hesitation.

Not only do you get up to 4 unique mechs but you also get more MC value than what you paid for plus some nice recognition on the forums and in game for being a founder. It's like buying MC on a sale and them throwing in not only free mechs and mech bays (which I didn't get with my Hero) but some recognition perks as well like early access and founders tags.

I've purchased $65 worth of MC so far and didn't get nearly the value that any founders did for the money. I can't change the camo on my hero mech either, and I had to buy a mech bay for the darn thing too. At the end of the day if they came out with the next hero mech and it had a 35% bonus and they were charging even more for it I really wouldn't care because I purchased my Hero mech knowing what it had to offer and it won't diminish that purchase if/when the next best thing arrives.

So stow your sense of entitlement and take a good long look at the situation and realize... this is business and no one is attempting to slight their early customers in any way.

OR Feel free to ignore the me and continue your founder pity party.

What's the expression we've all heard?

"the early bird gets the worm"

If they institue another program for the clans and CW at some point, I'll be in on that too.

View PostElandyll, on 18 January 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Founders' tears are pretty funny.

The term "Founder" means that you helped get the game made.

As a -Token- of appreciation, you got free MC, Free Mechs with C-Bill bonuses, a special tag on forums and in game scoreboards, etc. as well as an early guaranteed access to Closed Beta.

Yeesh.

We bought closed beta access, and were given mechs / cbills / bonuses as a thank you yes.

Edited by Penance, 18 January 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#52 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 16 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I don't really agree with most of the whine. My founder's the atlas, and it was my primary mech right up until they added the second implementation of ECM.

Big Al got many, many, many months of playtime. If they fix big energy weapons, he'll become useful again. Until then, I'm mostly in catapults and the double-D atlas.

But yeah, the poor souls who picked the hunchie. Not even the dead can know peace from that evil.

Actually I picked the Hunchie (would have picked the Catapult had I know how much I would have liked the C1). I do pretty good with it depending on when my AC/20 gets damaged. All through Closed Beta and into Open I used it and always got in behind people and just tore open their back sides.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users