Srm4 And Srm6 Comparison With And Without Artemis

28 replies to this topic

#21 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

One thing I'm curious about is SRM2's. They're always overlooked for SSRM2's. I've never actually fitted them. They do as much damage as Mlas but in burst and with much less range. I haven't run a mech with a 2 slot flight pattern before, and on paper they seem completely unnecessary. If you want to run a test on them, that would be pretty neat.

For LRMs I'd be more concerned about when certain effects apply themselves to the missile spread. Does artemis/TAG apply itself permanently if you fire when in LOS of the target? Do they only apply when the conditions are met--i.e. you can change flight patterns even after they've been fired?

#22 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostCuller, on 17 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this, though there has been a similar comparison video in an Atlas for some time. What I would really like to see is if other chassis have different spread. It feels like a Catapult's SRMs spread more than an Atlas's do, and if so Artemis might make more of a difference there.

Because you be firing from two different locations & convergence between those two locations come into play while the Atlas only has the single missile location.

Edited by MagicHamsta, 31 January 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#23 Kraegor

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Well I can tell you that from experience, an Awesome with its side torso straight launcher with SRM6's with Artemis literally do this:

o o o
o o o
o o o

It is an awesome sight to see coming out and hiting someone at 125M. There is literally no spread.

#24 Sholes

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

This is a really great video and thank you for the update. I've stared at it for a while and replayed and paused. I can tell there is _A_ difference but is it a difference worth a slot and a ton? Especially for more typical SRM use cases -- jumping over heads in a C4 aiming down at 50m.

#25 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Here's a video I made a while back the shows the difference between standard SRMs and Artemis SRMs at 50 meter intervals from 50 to 250 meters.

#26 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Being a missile fan this thread delivers big-time. I think I read from a Dev that they will look into improving Artemis so I'll let it stay on the 4SP for now, otherwise I think I would have ripped them out as they make a pretty small difference really.

#27 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

View Postslayerkdm, on 22 January 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

So it appears the the missles spread then reconverge at the target. If a mech is being led, does it key on the background? If so, do they reconverge later? It appears regardless of Artemis, that they are tightest at 125-150. The spread at 100 appears almost as wide as 200. I had always tried to get right up on my targets, but thinking back, it seems that this tactic does lead to a very wide spread.

Also, if you can hit where you are aiming, it appears that the 4 has as many missles in the sweet spot as the 6.

Yes. The missiles converge on the hill behind when you lead your target. (torso reticle for torso launchers and arm reticle for arm launchers).

And to the question of different chassis / different spread. Yes, myself and another think they do. SRM6 on my Dragon-1N spray out in a tall pattern that just barely fits on a heavy. SRM4 on my CTF-2X flies in a beautiful little grid. I'll try to make a vid later mounting SRM4 on the dragon so we can compare apples to apples.

#28 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

This is great for new players to realise how SRM behave in flight. Really appreciate the effort, +1!

#29 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Artemis is really noticeable when aimed at a mech, LRM-bricks fitted with SRMs seem to have better accuracy also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users