Suggestion - Communication On The Forum

No replies to this topic

#1 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Just a suggestion and I know we have ask the devs, but it would be a great idea if you guys could keep "the community" a bit more up to date on how things are coming along

if Garth or one of his team could take say, a biweekly look at the posts in the command chair section and do a quick round up of all the topics in there and just do a one liner for each that says "still not done / nearly done / in testing / looking to be deployed X / delayed because something found in testing that made the sky purple", I'm sure that would go a long way to making "the community" feel a bit more included in the process

it's great when we get a post saying what's going on and when you are hoping to have things ready by - but what then seems to fall between the cracks is further updates

as an example, we were told that changes to PPC's heat etc. were coming along "hopefully early to mid january" and that we would be updated... it is now mid January and not only do we not have the heat changes (which is fine, testing, I understand this)... however it would be nice for someone to pop on the forum for literally 5 minutes and say "this is still in testing, sorry guys, we are now looking to have this deployed by..." and then when that date slips another update to say "it's been pushed to x"

any information, given regularly, even if it's "bad news" is better than no information, or updates every 2 months

even just a "sorry, we don't know, it's a bigger job than we thought it was and it's caused x problem and we'll update you again in a couple of weeks"

it's great that we have started to get some statements on key issues, but it would be nice if these were updated a bit more often

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users