Light Mech And "lag-Protection"

7 replies to this topic

#1 Davis Montgomery McCall

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationVS

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hi@all,

special greetings to the developers. Another light Mech is on the Battleground and the problems of the European players rise. :angry:

Because of the distance to U.S. servers, the European ping is bad. (I think so)
And it is nearly impossible to hit a light mech in movement. In one second he has been in the cross hairs, and in the other, the picture jumps and he's gone. So the light Mech running under a "Lag-Protection". :excl:

To make matters worse, the things also carry ECM. Which is incidentally totally overpowered. Not to mention that at this time in BattleMech history ECM should not be available.(ECM and active probe since 3067) And it's the year 3050, right?! If e.g. the ECM ground antennas could be destroyed by a good head strike, that would be a help.

Otherwise you can forget the tactical games with artillery Battlemech, and take only ballistic or energy mechs.

Yours faithfully Davis Montgomery McCall

Ps.: I hope my Highlander is almost finished, and oh yes, what about my Bannockburn my Rifleman? I prefer the version 5M (from 3050) or 6X ( from 3067 - when we already have ECM etc B) ). If you need the appropriate configurations, please email me.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Beating a Dead horse...

When collisions come back everything should be ok. Your ping, however, may always suck if they don't get better or closer servers.

#3 Praeses

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

How "bad" is your ping?
I have 200 almost all the time (I'm from Argentina)

#4 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have been lagging a lot more. My Ping used to be about 260-280. THese days, it goes between 280-400. What happened?

#5 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Try 250-300 in Aus!!

#6 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Once they have successfully implemented their netcode fixes. It wont matter how high your ping is, and if you ping is stable and not jumping up and down. Then you wont have any trouble hitting things anymore.

Problem with this tho, is that it takes time to write a proper netcode. And PGI has to pretty much write their own netcode from scratch. But we should expect improvements to how movement is handled atleast, by the end of this month. Which would hopefully reduce the annoying rubberbanding effect.

Just keep a eye out in the Command Chair section of this forum, for dev updates.

#7 Davis Montgomery McCall

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationVS

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostPraeses, on 16 January 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

How "bad" is your ping?
I have 200 almost all the time (I'm from Argentina)

ping is 150-200, the US guys, usually run 50-100

#8 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

i agree with the OP

we need regional servers (US-West, US-East, EU, Oceania...) like any other online game

Edited by wickwire, 17 January 2013 - 06:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users