Working Spider Ecm Build.

37 replies to this topic

#21 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostGioAvanti, on 17 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Sorry for the initial repeat on the info (I had to fix a bunch of people's load outs on ngng). This game would get more interesting soon as we get special armor types. There's relfective, ablative, heavy FF and light FF.

Don't forget Stealth Armour, replicates the effects of Null-Signature.

Heavy Ferro-Fibrous: 21 slots for 24% lighter armor. Even Light pilots will run out of crits.

Light Ferro-Fiborus: 7 slots for 6% lighter armor, better for heavier mechs.

Reflective: 10 slots, 50% better against energy, -50% versus melee/artillery.

Reactive: 14 slots, 50% better against explosives, "Lucky shots" can cause armor-stripping explosions.

Edited by Stingz, 17 January 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#22 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

my personal build:
XL 225, DHS, endosteel. speed 121kph, 130kph with speed tweak.
ECM, 3xMPL, 8JJ. max armor except in legs: 20/28 and CT: 38/40.

#23 KerenskyClone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

FF is completely useless. Just saying...switching to FF will not make you 'magically' more armored. Its just weight saving, and poor weight saving at that...

#24 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9cf74700c055dad

SDR-5D
XL225
10 DHS
Endo
192 Standard Armor
6 JJ

ECM
1 Large Laser (CT)
2 Medium Lasers (RA)

6 jets is enough to start doing spider tricks. 8 would be awesome but it takes up too much tonnage. It becomes a tossup if the exrta speed of the 255 is needed, since you are already moving at 133.6 and would seriously impact its jump capability with just four jets. Minimum needed to achieve funzies with the jets are 6. Can fly circles around people. Literally.

After speed tweak, you move 133 with enough thrust in your jump jets to get off the ground and be evasive with it. You are plenty fast enough, even if you are not the fastest on the field. Firepower is pinpoint accurate and gives you an edge against trollmandos and ravens if you can somehow keep their SSRM's jammed. Will blow out the rear torso armor of almost any mech in one shot, and will start munching on the internals on the second. Put down a cataphract with probably 20 points of rear armor in three and a half shots.

Not really set up to be a light killer, but is fairly good at exploiting damaged heavier mechs. Or ******* off Awesomes. :P

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 18 January 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#25 Skorfna

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationMalta

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Everyone here has some really good-looking builds, I'd like to say thanks for that.

I notice these are mostly for the 5D - I've got myself a 5K, would I still be able to follow some of the stuff laid out here?

Thanks again.

#26 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

...Well, it IS a thread based on ECM Spiders, which really just makes it the 5D. :)

Here is my above mentioned Spider, showing what it can do: http://youtu.be/w3vEtiIuifU

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 18 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#27 Arthimus

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

I really like this guide and think its a useful one for new and developing Spider -5D players so I figured I would coin in too to help people get ideas for their Spider -5D. The way I play mine fairs a bit different than most and is oriented towards a huge utility potential to your rangers while providing a HUGE save & damage potential to the duelists in your force. My set up also has i bigger orientation towards armor on the mech so you can survive those big scary AC/20 shots to the chest and give the attacker a present in return.

The only actual armament you will carry is an ER PPC. Now I'm sure your thinking, "What? Thats stupid an ER PPC is so heavy and heat producing not to mention your relying on a single arm for that, and it cost 600,000 CBs!" and while I would have once thought your point right now I have grown to feel different. You see the thing about an ER PPC is it can put down some of the biggest nastiest mechs in a few shots if used well and your aim is right, not to mention the ER PPC carries a max range of 1620 meters this allows your small (be it a bit tall) Spider -5D to strike from unseen angles and outsnipe far bigger mechs that at 1000+ meters just can't get quite the bead on you and your ECM will mask your from missles as long as a opposing mech doesn't get to close. Also the ER PPC has no minimum range unlike the standard PPC so you can duel light AND medium mechs and win out at short range on fair ground.

Another alternative I've found to be viable with only changing out 1 part is to swap the ER PPC for a ER large laser and a tag in the right arm so you can mark targets for missle boats and get the tag bonus for missle boats aiming at the tagged target. This serves as a more passive role that is based around sitting with your missle boats (Catapults, Hunchbacks, Trebuches, Stalkers, or any other mechs running LRMs) and guaranteeing they hit their mark.

All in all, I've fallen in love with the Spider -5D its the closest I've gotten to feeling comfortable in a my abilities with my mech up to this point and I usually fair well in my games (I'm almost always the last guy alive and take out at least 1 mech) the only problem I have found in my spider is that I run hot easily due to not having Double Heat Sinks but thats never particularly bad cause in rarely even in the direct fray.

FP 10
HE 1.13
AC 179 w/FF

RA: ER PPC

CT: XL240
ECM

RT: 3XJJ

LT: 3XJJ

Armor:
H: 7
CT: 22
CTR: 18
RT: 22
RTR: 6
LT: 22
LTR: 6
RA: 20
LA: 0
RL: 28
LL: 28

#28 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

XL225, 10DHS, Endo, 1xLL, 2xML, 5xJJ

That's as much firepower as you can stuff into a 5D. Tweaked 130+ km/h isn't slow in any way either. My match damage range from 200+ to 600+. Can't survive against other ECM lights, but Assaults will hate it so much.

#29 Milt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...93381d652c19820

erppc, 2ml, ecm, 245xl, ff, endo, dh, 2jj
this is what i use atm, ive been thinking of raising the armor and replacing the ppc with an erlarge

Edited by Milt, 05 April 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#30 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostMilt, on 05 April 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...93381d652c19820

this is what i use atm, ive been thinking of raising the armor and replacing the ppc with an erlarge

Im using something similiar like this with an ER-PPC in the arm and a small Pulse Laser Torso mount

The ER-PPC has the beneficial effect of switch off others ECMs, like on those ECM Atlases, to leave them open for LRMs and Streaks, and its recycle of 4 sec also promotes a better hit - run operation .

Edited by John McFianna, 05 April 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#31 XSerjo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hm, nobody uses BAP. But I've found this device useful for "spotting-farming". It works well with SensorRange and TargetInfoGathering modules: +50% range, +50% info gathering speed.

But it takes weight and slots, so there're no place for FF and MPLs: only EndoSteel upgrade and triple ML as weapons.

#32 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 17 January 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Here's what I settled on for the Spider 5D:

2 MPL 1 ML 8 JJ ECM XL255
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b7c5684504d4fc3

A standard engine and less armor may be preferred as the Spider is very vulnerable to SSRM's making side torso death a very real possibility.

Streaks virtually always hit the CT. Getting cored through the sides in a Spider is a negligible risk compared to the benefits of an XL engine.

Here's a couple builds I play around with. I also goof around with a 3-SPL build occasionally, but its damage output is no higher than either of these, and it has much shorter range.
SDR-5D (3MPL)

SDR-5D (3ML)

1JJ is sufficient for the Spider. The 3MPL build especially rewards those with good aim; I've killed many assaults just by focusing the CT or LT/RT, and this was before arm lock, so I had to get the torso and arms lined up manually. Very effective against anything that isn't a Raven 3L or Commando 2D.

#33 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostXSerjo, on 05 April 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Hm, nobody uses BAP. But I've found this device useful for "spotting-farming". It works well with SensorRange and TargetInfoGathering modules: +50% range, +50% info gathering speed.

But it takes weight and slots, so there're no place for FF and MPLs: only EndoSteel upgrade and triple ML as weapons.

I use BAP.

Spider SDR-5D "Recluse"
240XL
Endo Steel structure
Standard armor, 208 points (everything maxed except head)
6 jump jets
11 DHS
ECM
BAP
3ML

With this build:
25 wins, 24 losses
45 kills, 21 deaths
11,084 damage
37,941 XP

#34 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Try 3 medium pulse lasers, XL 255, 11 DHS (in total), 4 JJ, Endo, Ferro, ECM, 197 armor points!

Edited by WaddeHaddeDudeda, 05 April 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#35 Mootrix

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Heh - the previous post to this one is exactly my mech - sweet in your face killing machine

#36 Das Wudone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostWaddeHaddeDudeda, on 05 April 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Try 3 medium pulse lasers, XL 255, 11 DHS (in total), 4 JJ, Endo, Ferro, ECM, 197 armor points!

exact same build im using too. whats funny is i didnt expect that particular setup and that mech to have the best kdr ratio out of all my other rides.

#37 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Mine for your reference.

2MPL, 1 ML, 12 DHS, 3 JJ, ECM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c7be517dc177ada

3 Jumpset is enough for most combat manuvers. More DHS for pew pew power.

I have owned a number of Champion Jenners in 1v1 for under estimating this Spider.

#38 Skoaljaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 126 posts
  • LocationAnywhere, USA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I've got a love/hate thing going on with my spiders... I love 'em.. the guys trying to shoot me hate 'em heh heh

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 05 April 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

I use BAP.

Spider SDR-5D "Recluse"
240XL
Endo Steel structure
Standard armor, 208 points (everything maxed except head)
6 jump jets
11 DHS
ECM
BAP
3ML

With this build:
25 wins, 24 losses
45 kills, 21 deaths
11,084 damage
37,941 XP

That is exactly what I named my fav spider 5d! Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users