Triple Ssrm Dual Uac/5 Atlas D-Dc

12 replies to this topic

#1 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I had been taking my Atlas D-DC Brawler into matches a lot of late but was running into problems with our lights being across the map scouting/spotting when the other team's lights would get to our heavy pack. A pair or trio of lights could basically move around our assaults and heavies for a long period of time throwing SSRMs our way while we had a hard time hitting them back due to speed and small size (hadn't noticed lag shield).

Due to this I was inspired to modify my D-DC brawler build into a 3x SSRM build to help dispose of the lights when they got into the pack. I threw on 3x SSRM2 and 2 large lasers into the arms as i am not a big fan of PPCs especially when trying to hit fast moving targets. Not to even mention the min range and crazy heat of ER PPCs. I then had to figure out what to put in the ballistic slots. I ran a gauss for a bit but was simply too heat efficient. I felt like it was a waste. I then tried a UAC/5 and a AC/5. Then after playing with my DHS and ammo load out i settled on a build with 2 UAC/5s as such:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...30f6583359d5cbc

Here are some VODs of game play on it.

They aren't my best play but do give give some good DPS output and show what the build is capable of. I have been leveling Ravens and Catapults of late so my slow D-DC play has suffered so i appologize for that

Edited by Staplebeater, 17 January 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#2 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, Outdoorsman REALLY turned me on to dual UAC5s on the Atlas.
Once you learn to control your fire rate to help prevent jamming, link firing the 2 UAC5s is absolutely brutal.

#3 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think the D-DC just lacks that 'oompf' factor when using SSRM instead of SRM6, but that may be just me.

#4 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

been running the 3xssrm/2xuac5/2xLLAS on my DDC since ECM came out.Really puts a load in the pants of those ecm lights that run up thinking they are going to get an easy kill.They usually run away or find themselves in spectator mode pretty quickly.Sucks when 2 or 3 of them gang up on you and you are the only ecm on the team though.

Doesn't pack the alpha of the SRM/UAC20 build.....but anything that mops the floor with lights is fine by me.has a nice touch out to long range too,with the LLAS and uac's.

*PS:ER PPC's don't have a minimum range,only normal PPC's have minimum range.*

Edited by Alexandrix, 17 January 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#5 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

You can also run this build with a Standard 325 and Endo-Steel. Here's with the same ammo setup as yours: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...231953e38d9ccc5
Mine drops down to 15 DHS, loses a little armor and adds 3 more tons of ammo.

View PostRavennus, on 17 January 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Yeah, Outdoorsman REALLY turned me on to dual UAC5s on the Atlas.
Once you learn to control your fire rate to help prevent jamming, link firing the 2 UAC5s is absolutely brutal.

It's INdoorsman, although I do like the outdoors as well, :)

#6 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostIndoorsman, on 17 January 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

It's INdoorsman, although I do like the outdoors as well, :)

HAHAHA.... so sorry, man! >.<

#7 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

lol...

I actually stumbled upon a very similar build to this independently :) I basically drop 2 heatsinks, some armor on the arms / legs, and it lets me increase the engine size by 30 points, and add another 2 tons of UAC ammo.

AS7-D-DC

#8 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

This is a pretty common build these days, I have been running it for a long time and it provides a good mix of options.

Two minor tweaks that I enjoy and alternate between.
1) Add in a MPL on each arm for a little extra punch up close.
2) Remove the SSRM's and add in SRM6's. Requires dropping the MPL's and HS/AMS but is painful up close.

#9 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

The caveat to this build is you are not the face-melter of the group, lacking the LRM or SRM burst damage. You deal precision fire at range with lasers and UAC5, and the SSRM repel anyone who tries to circle you and provide cooldown firepower if you get too hot.

#10 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I can fit 2 LLAS and 2 UAC/5 to Catapult-K2, and more. Using the exact same firepower is Atlas is just wast of chassis IMO.

#11 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

View Posttwibs, on 18 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

I can fit 2 LLAS and 2 UAC/5 to Catapult-K2, and more. Using the exact same firepower is Atlas is just wast of chassis IMO.

This build is mainly about having ECM and streaks, so you can hardcounter the 3L ravens.

I run my ddc with 3 streaks, ecm, ac20, large lasers. AC20 doesnt have the dps or range of the 2x uac5 but it allows for a nice punch without exposing the torso too long. I was planning on testing the uac5 build soon, it's great on paper.

#12 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

I think this is a pretty standard comp DDC build.

#13 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

View Posttwibs, on 18 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

you get 3x SSRM2 and ECM that is what you get

View PostCorison, on 18 January 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

This is a pretty common build these days, I have been running it for a long time and it provides a good mix of options.

Two minor tweaks that I enjoy and alternate between.
1) Add in a MPL on each arm for a little extra punch up close.
2) Remove the SSRM's and add in SRM6's. Requires dropping the MPL's and HS/AMS but is painful up close.

My brawler build is 2x MPulse 3x SRM6s and an AC20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users