{Q Q} Mercs - A Highly Active Unit For Skilled Mechwarriors (C W Or Comp League Play)

234 replies to this topic

#221 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

my stuff is all madness and fiction in my head. Writing a piece at the moment about an epic WarShip engagement viewed from an unlikely vector.

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 30 December 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#222 Joe Psycho

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image

#223 Euphoric1RW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

Greetings QQ, Happy New Year!

#224 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

RageQuit is made up of Thunderbolt-9S ER PPC RAGE that leads to Clan QUITTING!

I am enjoying lining my abode with many furs!

#225 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:51 AM

This is our (CI) epic fight with QQ. I think the song @ 25:30 that was picked at random by Slacker Radio, which I was listening to while playing, couldn't have been more perfect. Right In Two by Tool, it's a good song even better without battle coms and explosions. But I think it added something to the video right at the end.

http://www.twitch.tv/maoofdc/c/5848446

#226 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:50 AM

That was indeed an epic match! I stayed up realllly late to watch this once I saw the link. A really enjoyable nailbiter of a fight. Just the way we like 'em! :D

Edited by Karpundir, 14 January 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#227 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

QQ Mercs is currently involved in both MCW and MRBC leagues. We are always open to looking for new competitive players.

Feel free to drop into our TS server at ts.qqmercs.com to get to know us.

#228 Hevy Phyzx

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Dear QQ Rage Quit Mercenaries,

I just had the greatest game experience in a "Pug" drop with you folks. I was grouped with one other fella from my merc unit (Vanguard Mercenary Corp). As we started to move out from the "LZ", your team leader started barking out the orders. We were fighting in Caustic Valley, and I think there were eight (8) of you in your dropship.

First the order came to form a firing line along the lake shore looking up at the Caldera and poke the "eyes" out of anyone who raised their heads above the ridge line. Then some of us who had stretched the firing line too far to the right were ordered back into formation (which I did! Thank goodness!!!) A UAV was lofted and the order then came to move to their left flank (our right), and once assembled push over the lip into the caldera.

I happened to be in the front, and when the order came to "Charge", that's what I did. I was running a modified Summoner Prime (I had a SUM - D omnipod in the LT to give me another ballistics hard point, and a SUM - D Right Arm for two Medium Lasers. I have 2 Clan - UAC 5s on the left side of that mech - one in the arm, one in the torso). I pushed hard over the lip ready to take one for the team if necessary and ran smack dab into a Battlemaster. I JJ'd up and around, and laid into him with the UACs and my Laz, and the rest of the team boiled over the lip of the caldera.

The Battlemaster had NO chance, as the order to focus fire on it came through loud and clear. We then hammered through the caldera and over the other lip. A whole host of the enemy went down under the hail of fire as we charged into their ranks. On the far side we hammered into the back of their formation. A Hellbringer had turned to face us, and he opened my CT armor up. I have to admit I got a bit scared at that point. I turned and bounced away to try and preserve what was left of my mech so I might continue to fight. With your team pounding over the hill, the order came to light up the Hellbringer and send him back to his namesake's home. In short order, the Hellbringer was nothing more than some twisted and boiling metal on the lip of the wasteland we were fighting on. We then turned the flank and smashed into their rear before they could fully react.

I got off a lucky shot on an enemy Blackjack to "put him down", and then trailed the team; being so cherry in the CT, I was afraid if someone "breathed on me hard" I would explode. The enemy was down to two fighting units left, a Panther and a Warhawk. The order came for the lights to peal off and head after the Panther, while the rest of the team went after the Warhawk. It was taken out in short order followed quickly by the Panther.

I want to thank you for one of the greatest battle experiences I have had playing this game. I really enjoyed working with you and coordinating as a team. Yes, I realize that in CW we are likely to oppose each other across the battlefield, but I know that I will be fighting the best when that happens.

Salute from one of the members of the Vanguard Mercenary Corp. All honor to your corps!!!

Hevy Phyzx

Edited by Hevy Phyzx, 23 February 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#229 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

Hey,Hevy Phyzx.

This reply is a bit overdue, so I apologize for only responding to this now.

What a great re-enactment in words of this battle! It sounds a lot like one I was in. The tactic of the firing line and the call to chase down a light 'Mech are both familiar to me, but it may also be coincidence (you do enough drops and they start to exhibit common threads).

I am sincerely pleased that you took the time to post this very descriptive retelling of an enjoyable experience fighting alongside QQ Mercs. Any time you guys want to mix company in a drop with us, feel free to drop into our TS server at ts.qqmercs.com and group up with us for public drops.

o7

#230 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Now that the Battle of Tukkayid has passed, QQ Mercs will settle on 1 Clan and 1 IS Faction to call home. While we figure things out, we are running with the Draconis Combine as we get a feel for the CW landscape and develop our allegiances.

Join us for some fun group queue drops or CW matches. Our TS server is open to all at any time: ts.qqmercs.com.

See you soon, fellow MechWarriors!

#231 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

With CW Beta 2 underway, we are looking to add more MechWarriors to our ranks for regular CW play. We have developed working alliances with similar high win rate units to handle our opposing factions.

Join us today and experience the power of our RAGE!

#232 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

Posted Image

This Thursday and nearly all Thursdays, we get together to drink and mech (responsibly of course) and we'd like to extend an invite to anyone interested in the merriment on Thursday around 1800 PST.

As the pic says, our TS server is ts.qqmercs.com and doesn't require an invite and anyone is allowed to come join us!

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 08 December 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#233 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:05 AM

It may not be Thursday, yet, but QQ Mercs is playing every night.

Join us on our open teamspeak at ts.qqmercs.com

#234 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

Looking to get out of solo queue hell? Do you want to play with a team that has fun while enjoying a high win rate, especially in Faction Warfare?

Check out QQ Mercs at ts.qqmercs.com and join in on the fun!

#235 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

Oh hey, it's us again. Just stopping by to let everyone know we're still here. Like that zit on your butt that never seems to go away.

Also, we just started the latest MRBC season and are welcoming veteran pilots to join us in both casual and comp at ts.qqmercs.com!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users