Simple Ecm Fixes

1 reply to this topic

#1 Vincent Quatermain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

This thread takes for granted that you agree that ECM is a little too powerful. I want to suggest a few changes that will make ECM less powerful without making it useless.

1) Seeing your friends -- One of the harsh things that current ECM does is cause you to lose track of where your friends are. It's bad enough that you can't see the enemy on your mini map, but not seeing your friends is very disorienting. I propose that ECM no longer block your view of friendly mechs.

2) Better NARC -- Make NARC last a full minute. Per canon, NARC lasts *for the rest of the battle.* Now I realize that would be stupid broken, so . . . compromise. But within a minute, everyone could be informed of the NARCed mech, find it and fire upon it. Seriously, you only get 6 shots per ton from this "weapon." It should be more powerful.

3) Move Counter Mode to Beagle Active Probe -- Rather than give ECM two very powerful abilities, we could to move the counter ECM feature over to BAP, since this would make BAP more useful and also mean that in order for a mech to do both disrupt and counter you would have both.

#2 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users