What happened to wallpaper 14?

#23 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 18 January 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

If your asking about the Mech

The Mech itself is a horrible blasphemy of hardpoints, 4E on a commando? Just bad bad bad.

Commando with ballistic hardpoints - that's the fun. Energy? Even 3 - alot for this mech...

#24 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

The penitent man knells.

#25 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

I like the paintjob, but lot of Mechs just won't see it. The Commando is just too small out of the Cockpit of a Heavy or Assault ;)

Still hoping for a Hero-Atlas! :)

#26 GeneralFitzhugh

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPort Coquitlam, Canada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostAgent 32, on 19 January 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

What more could I ask for? I would ask for an ECM or the following:

1. Make it so streaks can actually miss. I always laugh when I see streaks looping around a mech until it hits it. Sure streaks can home-in to the target but they should have inertia and not be able to turn instantly. Then having a mech that can do a quick anchor turn and potentially dodge unskillfully fired missles will make it useful. Until this is fixed, this mech is just pretty looking streak fodder and food for the ravens.

Obviously you don't use streaks because then you would know that they do miss and they don't do crazy turns and yes you do have to watch your angle when shooting. I pilot a Jenner 7D and when you are doing the circle dance with another light you have to lead your target by a fair amount or the streaks will go past them. The benefit of streaks over a standard SRM is the tighter grouping and the lmited tracking ability. The downside is its only two missles not 4 or 6 at a time.

I would advise you learn to dodge when driving a light mech and use the terrian to cut corners. Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

#27 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostWarge, on 21 January 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Commando with ballistic hardpoints - that's the fun.

Well, there is the COM-1C variant (introduced in 3020) - it's primary weapon is an AC/2 carried in the Right Arm (with one ton of ammo in the Right Torso), backed up by a Medium Laser in the Left Arm. :D

#28 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 22 January 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Well, there is the COM-1C variant (introduced in 3020) - it's primary weapon is an AC/2 carried in the Right Arm (with one ton of ammo in the Right Torso), backed up by a Medium Laser in the Left Arm. :wub:

And it's not in MWO. :P

#29 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostWarge, on 23 January 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

And it's not in MWO. ^_^

No, it's not. :lol:
But, it should be. It should be... please? :D

#30 Agent 32

Rookie

• Death Star
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostGeneralFitzhugh, on 22 January 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

Obviously you don't use streaks because then you would know that they do miss and they don't do crazy turns and yes you do have to watch your angle when shooting. I pilot a Jenner 7D and when you are doing the circle dance with another light you have to lead your target by a fair amount or the streaks will go past them. The benefit of streaks over a standard SRM is the tighter grouping and the lmited tracking ability. The downside is its only two missles not 4 or 6 at a time.

I would advise you learn to dodge when driving a light mech and use the terrian to cut corners. Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

I have a master class Command COM-2D that I didnt pay for. It's primary weapons are streaks. Since you drive a Jenner, you too should know that once a raven is on you with streaks, you usually have two options. The first is fall back into the group and try to peel them off you. The second is engage in a circle strafing war. In your case you may have a chance because of the amount of armor. In a Commando, it is a losing situation. You both end up getting the same number of streaks off, but the raven almost always wins in this situation. I dont have a Jenner, but I know when engaging with one, I usually have a better chance of coming out alive, than with a raven.

Edited by Agent 32, 02 March 2013 - 08:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users